General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Cowboys!
Fun game to watch, especially when Gallen dropped the ball to lose Cronulla the chance to win.

A mate from Melbourne asked me which AFL club Cronulla is like (I've previously talked him through Manly = Collingwood; Roosters = Essendon etc). They probably defy a current day comparison but I reckon the Bulldogs when they had Romero, Libba etc might be fair. People didn't hate the Bulldogs necessarily as a club but some of their personnel made them very difficult to like - Cronulla is the same. Once Gallen, Maloney and Fifita go, chances are Cronulla will become fairly likeable again.

Fun game to watch, especially when Gallen dropped the ball to lose Cronulla the chance to win.

Twice!

Gallen dropped the ball after being in range for a field goal attempt that would have won it.
Fifita dropped the ball after being in range for a field goal attempt that would have forced golden point.

Twice!

Gallen dropped the ball after being in range for a field goal attempt that would have won it.
Fifita dropped the ball after being in range for a field goal attempt that would have forced golden point.

A cynical person might suggest that there may be a correlation between handling errors and gambling debts. Not me though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the current rumours are accurate, Red Bull might be Porsche by 2021.

Will be very interesting to see if this eventuates. Will effectively see them become a factory team. Romantic in me would love to see cosworth come back in with williams.

Porsche have experience with hybrid from Sports car racing and were successful. Mind you so do Audi and they are all VW group.

Honda should be able to do this so I see RB splitting the bet between Honda and Porsche .

Cosworths strength was v8s can't see them having the resources for this engine config. Last time they were in they were just supplying back markers.

Will be very interesting to see if this eventuates. Will effectively see them become a factory team. Romantic in me would love to see cosworth come back in with williams.
Surely Williams-Renault would be the one to go back to. FW14B, FW15C, FW18 all Renault powered beauties

Surely Williams-Renault would be the one to go back to. FW14B, FW15C, FW18 all Renault powered beauties
Turbo 3ltr non hybrid. Renault won't catch up in this config.

I liked Renault when Renee Arnoux would wind the wick up in the early 80s and lunch an engine on a quality lap. They could get 1000bhp out of those units in the early 80s.... briefly.

Holy **** that was crazy.

Absolute disaster for Ferrari. :(

That may have just handed the WDC to Hamilton. ****.

As good a race driver as Vettel is, he really lacks for general awareness. He never should have been squeezing Max like that, even if Kimi weren't there.

As good a race driver as Vettel is, he really lacks for general awareness. He never should have been squeezing Max like that, even if Kimi weren't there.

Completely different situation from the cockpit compared to the convenient overhead cam.

I think in the wash up it will be ultimately straight up racing incident, exacerbated by the weather and with Raikonnen being seen as a somewhat careless teammate.

The squeeze on Max was absolutely fine, the pole driver does that move every race. Verstappen would have yielded eventually if not for Kimi. There is a photo out there that is mildly damning of Kimi, he cut back in and didn't use all the room he had available. And no one would have expected him to be there.

Too risky from a number two driver for mine.

Completely different situation from the cockpit compared to the convenient overhead cam.

I think in the wash up it will be ultimately straight up racing incident, exacerbated by the weather and with Raikonnen being seen as a somewhat careless teammate.

The squeeze on Max was absolutely fine, the pole driver does that move every race. Verstappen would have yielded eventually if not for Kimi. There is a photo out there that is mildly damning of Kimi, he cut back in and didn't use all the room he had available. And no one would have expected him to be there.

I think Seb got a poor start and although he was in front of Max by the time they touched he didn't have the position he thought he did. Yes, pole sitters do that, but it sounds as though he admitted himself he came off his line too far. My point with Seb is that he's always about himself and his immediate situation. Given the conditions he probably should have just been a bit more conservative, but then I suppose they wouldn't be F1 drivers - risk and reward and all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back