General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy stuff going on in CONCACAF at the moment. With fifteen minutes to go Australia's opponent is likely to be the USA with the current scores, but could be either Panama or Honduras with another goal in any one of the three games.
USA would be out completely wouldn’t they with Panama and Honduras winning?

A country of nine million people, according to wikipedia. I like to think I know a little bit about most parts of the world but I know nothing about Honduras, except that they made the last world cup and they're probably making the next one.

A country of nine million people, according to wikipedia. I like to think I know a little bit about most parts of the world but I know nothing about Honduras, except that they made the last world cup and they're probably making the next one.

We're playing them because they had a terrible for and against, with a defence that leaked almost two goals a game.

Lucky for them, we've perfected an offense not capable of scoring almost two goals a game.

We're playing them because they had a terrible for and against, with a defence that leaked almost two goals a game.

Lucky for them, we've perfected an offense not capable of scoring almost two goals a game.

They lost 6-0 to the USA! That's got to hurt.

I see most of their squad are locally based. You'd think the most important thing for us is to keep the away league tight and low scoring.

Actually, their qualifying record is very ordinary. Their three wins came from two wins against bottom placed Trindid and Tobago, and that last win against Mexico in a dead rubber for their opponents.

Kiwi Brendon Hartley to get a run with Toro Rosso.

He was driving for Porsche in Sportscars with Mark Webber and won Le Mans this year.

A few spots opening up, hopefully he goes well.

NZ produce a hell of a lot of top class drivers for a small country

Kiwi Brendon Hartley to get a run with Toro Rosso.

He was driving for Porsche in Sportscars with Mark Webber and won Le Mans this year.

A few spots opening up, hopefully he goes well.

NZ produce a hell of a lot of top class drivers for a small country
Bruce McLaren left a fair legacy too

Been some great waves in France for the last few days. John Florence is just on another level.

It's good to see surfing has gone to a new level. When they show surfing highlights of 10 years ago it looks exactly the same for people like Parko and Fanning. Toledo, Medina and Florence leading the way.

It's good to see surfing has gone to a new level. When they show surfing highlights of 10 years ago it looks exactly the same for people like Parko and Fanning. Toledo, Medina and Florence leading the way.

Aerials are a great addition to surfing, but to me they are more of an exclamation point. If you're not showing variety and picking your manicures based on what the wave is giving you then you won't get rewarded. The Brazilians have been bringing their aerials for years but they don't work on a lot of waves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBA opening night - all the hype around the Celtics adding Hayward and Kyrie over the off-season. First quarter and Hayward suffers one of the most gruesome broken legs you're ever going to see.
That was nasty, just watched it.

Reports from Chicago is that Bobby Portis punched Mirotec in practice and Mirotec suffered a fractured upper jaw and concussion. Going for surgery.

Great read Fatcat, I'm not a close follower of tennis other than the latter rounds of grand slams but I have always had the feeling that the depth of bordering on hate vitriol that some young sports people suffer at the hands of the MSM/general public/social media trolls is way way out of proportion with their alleged "crime".

These players are just young people finding their way in life and they all do that at different rates, the difference is they now have to do it in the spotlight with every word and act pulled apart to the nth degree to feed the 24 hour news cycle. Nothing has changed from the way sportspeople and youth in general have behaved since the 70s from my experience, it just gets found out now and disseminated to the masses.

Two weeks till GSP is back. He's the reason that I first discovered MMA remember late Friday nightsdad would always sit down and watch the mma recap show. I never was interested until one day dad pulled me from bed and said you have to see this guy he looks like he's been chiseled out of granite. My goodness my love affair with the sport began.

Any of you old timers gonna be tuning in for the return? Personally I reckon he wipes the floor with bisping and then Whittaker takes him out. I'm soooo pumped

Two weeks till GSP is back. He's the reason that I first discovered MMA remember late Friday nightsdad would always sit down and watch the mma recap show. I never was interested until one day dad pulled me from bed and said you have to see this guy he looks like he's been chiseled out of granite. My goodness my love affair with the sport began.

Any of you old timers gonna be tuning in for the return? Personally I reckon he wipes the floor with bisping and then Whittaker takes him out. I'm soooo pumped
You know what Bisping brings, interesting to see how much GSP has left, also interesting that his break was about what a drug suspension is.

You know what Bisping brings, interesting to see how much GSP has left, also interesting that his break was about what a drug suspension is.
IIRC he was the first guy to put himself into the USADA testing pool and was one of the biggest advocates of it

Great read Fatcat, I'm not a close follower of tennis other than the latter rounds of grand slams but I have always had the feeling that the depth of bordering on hate vitriol that some young sports people suffer at the hands of the MSM/general public/social media trolls is way way out of proportion with their alleged "crime".

These players are just young people finding their way in life and they all do that at different rates, the difference is they now have to do it in the spotlight with every word and act pulled apart to the nth degree to feed the 24 hour news cycle. Nothing has changed from the way sportspeople and youth in general have behaved since the 70s from my experience, it just gets found out now and disseminated to the masses.

Made the mistake of reading Facebook comments of an article about Kyrgios this morning. Disgusted me. Nearly 100% straight up abuse. Hundreds of comments every one saying he is an embarrassment to the country. You would think the average punter out there is perfect based on the judgements they are throwing out there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back