General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Made the mistake of reading Facebook comments of an article about Kyrgios this morning. Disgusted me. Nearly 100% straight up abuse. Hundreds of comments every one saying he is an embarrassment to the country. You would think the average punter out there is perfect based on the judgements they are throwing out there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like that the guy out playing professional tennis and representing his country well in Davis Cup is an embarrassment to the country, but the guy at home in his jocks and beer gut... isn't? Or at least he doesn't think he is.

They'll stooge Whittaker again I reckon, because he isn't a big enough name and the new owners of the UFC seem to want to pedal fantasy match ups - to recoup their investment from ppv sales- rather than having the best fight the best.

JJ sounded like she was off her game. I like her as fighter but her confrontational and arrogant persona seems forced. I hope she develops some humility now.

Surprised to see Rogic on bench.....we looked the better team

Didn't get to watch the the game so this surprised me. He's looks a better player than others when the ball isn't running on the pitch.

Didn't get to watch the the game so this surprised me. He's looks a better player than others when the ball isn't running on the pitch.
On that pitch humidity and physical game not sure he would have played well. It was Luongos best national game for a while I thought. Just again we cant finish
Juric missed 3 sitters

We created so many chances, should of finished off at least one of them for the vital away goal. We did look a class above them and on a smooth surface back in Australia we should be able to get through to Russia.

On another note, I can't fathom some of the criticism of Ange Postecoglu, he has on most occasions had us playing really good football, he is doing all he can do. He has implemented a game style that is attractive to watch and creates chances, the finishing off of those chances is what lets us down, not much he can do about that, the striker instinct is mostly innate IMO.

We created so many chances, should of finished off at least one of them for the vital away goal. We did look a class above them and on a smooth surface back in Australia we should be able to get through to Russia.

On another note, I can't fathom some of the criticism of Ange Postecoglu, he has on most occasions had us playing really good football, he is doing all he can do. He has implemented a game style that is attractive to watch and creates chances, the finishing off of those chances is what lets us down, not much he can do about that, the striker instinct is mostly innate IMO.
The formation change was a strange one as we were playing well before that. But if he wants to back it in I guess its fine. Just he made some strange tactical and selection decisions that (from the outside) looked really wrong.
Even if you look at the game on the weekend, he made a sub in the 88th minute. That does absolutely nothing. Its too late to have that player make an impact or rest someone who has played the match, yet its before the 90th minute so it doesnt help time wasting

Hartley got the Toro Rosso drive for 2018. Hopefully Honda don't stink it up again or it will be a long season.

Australian selectors doing their best to lose the Ashes.

Marsh ffs. When is enough, enough.

Paine quality cricketer a long time ago.

Bancroft probably deserves a shot, as the keeper, but dropping RenShaw just gets everyone playing selfish cricket.

This selection panel and Pat Howard all need to be moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian selectors doing their best to lose the Ashes.

Marsh ffs. When is enough, enough.

Paine quality cricketer a long time ago.

Bancroft probably deserves a shot, as the keeper, but dropping RenShaw just gets everyone playing selfish cricket.

This selection panel and Pat Howard all need to be moved on.
Agree

Agree

Agree.

Not that bothered by Paine, left of field we'll see how it works out but fuuuuckkkkk Marsh. He's the worst.

I also reckon Matt Renshaw should've copped his spot, Bancroft at 6 instead of Marsh. Renshaw imo has done enough at test level to justify a spot for the next few years regardless of Sheffield shield form.

Paine isnt even keeping for Tassie at the moment though. Wade is. Paine has kept something like 3 shield games in 3 years. He has also averaged in the teens in that time with the bat. Its beyond a strange decision for me.

And Marsh back in for out performing Maxwell? Marsh averaging 39.9, Maxwell averaging 40??? And Maxwell performed in India.

Also confused they told Cowan, White, Klinger, etc they were too old and all got dropped from state teams. Yet they pick Marsh

They've got a right and a left and 5 minute tides. Different sections on the wave already plus a wave a minute. I believe this is still only the prototype I can't imagine how much better the final product will be.

Whole ride is a minute long as well. It's bloody incredible. I think it'll be one comp a year I agree I love the randomness of the ocean but a consistent same wave could produce some absolutely incredible runs. Guys like Toledo will do some amazing things

Looks like it's on...

Surf Ranch Announced as 2018 Championship Tour Venue
Link

The World Surf League (WSL) is excited to announce that the WSL Surf Ranch Facility in Lemoore, California, will host the world's best surfers as part of the 2018 Championship Tour (CT) calendar.

"Based on the results of our test event this year and the feedback from surfers training at the facility throughout the season, next September's event has the potential to be something special for both surfers and fans," Sophie Goldschmidt, WSL CEO, said. "We're only scratching the surface of how this technology can be applied and it is completely game-changing for the sport."

What Grandfinal?
2a6836o.jpg

Googled it and now know what you're talking about thanks for the response.

Can now see where all the Kevin hate comes from on this board

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back