General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening the NFL Draft on web radio and amazed at the level of noise in the background. Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun and more interesting than the AFL Draft.

Yeah I'm taping it.

NFL Draft is a pretty amazing spectacle. I'd love the AFL draft to get like that but the NFL drafts college graduates with exposed form, not 17 year old boys. Big difference.

Stoked that the Cowboys got Claiborne btw!

The manager of Brisbane Roar player Eric Paartalu on claims he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to follow Ange Postegoclou to Melbourne:

Ange and Erik are very close and there's a high regard there for each other but there's no written clause in his contract to suggest he could get out if Ange moved on. There's lots of rumours flying around this week about (Brisbane) players who still have a year to go on their contracts. Erik won't be the Darius Boyd of the A-League.

Ah, burn!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I made my mid up and going for the Storm :D

I feel the nervouse energy waiting for the storm to play and just totally get lost in it during the match :D

Oh and how many here are Motorsport fans??? It is just a joy to watch Casey Stoner right now....it looks & feels like watching Mick Doohan all over again :D

Okay I made my mid up and going for the Storm :D

I feel the nervouse energy waiting for the storm to play and just totally get lost in it during the match :D

Oh and how many here are Motorsport fans??? It is just a joy to watch Casey Stoner right now....it looks & feels like watching Mick Doohan all over again :D

Not so much a motorsport fan but a big F1 McLaren fan, (can take or leave the V8's, bikes etc)

I'm almost dreading the upcoming winter with Euro 2012, Le tour, Olympic Games and European Grands Prix all coming up. I will be living on little or no sleep for 3 months!

Not so much a motorsport fan but a big F1 McLaren fan, (can take or leave the V8's, bikes etc)

I'm almost dreading the upcoming winter with Euro 2012, Le tour, Olympic Games and European Grands Prix all coming up. I will be living on little or no sleep for 3 months!
I've Got Eurosport on Fox so I've started with Giro di Italia :D

Going to be fun :D

Yeah, that really hit a nerve with me. Playing high school hockey, I got my chin split open with a deflected ball. Slightly different angle and it could have really done some damage.

I played for 14 years up until I was 21 and the one thing I will never forget is when I was 11 my brother, a younger guy and I grabbed some after game snacks and sat down to watch the seniors with this other kid between us. We were chatting for a bit then out of no where the kid drops his drink and starts screaming and crying like I'd never heard anyone cry before, all the while holding his mouth.

My brother and I didn't even see the ball come and whack him in the mouth. Blood was streaming out of his mouth and he lost 7 teeth and still wears false teeth to this day. That's still one of the few injuries I've seen caused by a ball and just shows how unlucky this poor girl is. May she RIP.

Much needed revenge after Sunday morning! YNWA

Everton (the club, not the user) can kiss my arse :D

Nah hoping Chelski win again, on behalf of supporters of the REAL blues!

Congratulations to big Petero Civoniceva for a wonderful career.

I can't count the amount of times that an Origin match ended and I called for either him or Steve Price to win the MOTM, only for a half or fullback to get the gong. In the early days of Queensland's winning streak, I think our starting props were the biggest difference between the sides. They'd make the yards that allowed Lockyer, Thurston and co to play.

Moreover, I've had the pleasure of meeting the big man and he is a top bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back