General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man! I was my of a child than my year 3 students today! WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAMPIONS! :D

After Wentz went down, we were written out of contension. All I heard was the Falcons were favourites, that the Vikings were favourites, how Tom Brady WILL HAVE SIX Rings.

If anyone does a Rocky Balboa story, its Philadelphia baby! Underdog is what we do best baby! E A G L E S! EAGLES!

So what do the Eagles do about their Quarterback dilemna next season?

The talk seems to be that Foles is probably headed elsewhere since Wentz is (apparantly) their clear first choice QB.

I know is ruthless Pro Sport but in reality, how difficult would it be to let go a Superbowl MVP to keep a guy who didn't even play in it?

The talk seems to be that Foles is probably headed elsewhere since Wentz is (apparantly) their clear first choice QB.

I know is ruthless Pro Sport but in reality, how difficult would it be to let go a Superbowl MVP to keep a guy who didn't even play in it?

Not too hard. Wentz is the future.

I think there's a fair chance Foles will want to get a trade and cash in too - Wentz is still going to be the QB when he comes back so Foles gets a starting position and starter money.

I don't think there is any Eagles fan under the dillusion that we need to have both. TBD is right, Wentz is who we are building around and was an important part of our lift up the ladder.

I think Foles will leave, but not in a greedy way. I think so clubs will come offering with the money and he'll accept.

Of course, I'd love to be wrong and keep him as the greatest back up QB of all time!

I know nothing about this, but interested in the thoughts of those who do.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...e/news-story/a938505058d342ba60f2621affbb7579

Is the A-League really heading towards a death spiral or is this just alarmism?

I wouldn't say death spiral, but it's a fair point here:

Sydney FC’s Miloš Ninković and Adrian Mierzejewski’s are two of the best imports the league has had, but are not enough to draw in new fans.

Six years ago the league had Emile Heskey, Shinji Ono and Alessandro Del Piero - along with the entrance of the Wanderers - to give the league the boost it needed.

But with more money coming from the US, Middle East and China, Aussie clubs can no longer compete when it comes to signing big names.

The clubs are getting really stingy. There's nine marquee slots unfilled and nine import slots as well. A lot of clubs are buying youngsters in the hope they can turn around and sell them overseas, rather than stocking up on premium (or as premium as you can bring to Australia) talent, and as a result the on-field product suffers - and Sydney seems unbeatable, as one of the few clubs willing to spend money.

Tied into that, a bunch of owners have put their club on the market (quietly or not so quietly) and are trying to offload them without bleeding too much more - Roar, Mariners and Wanderers have all been floated as targets at one point or another in the last year.

We don't have the football-loving private ownership angle in Australia and it shows. Setting it up as a centrally run league would have made much more sense but FIFA penalises any national league that doesn't follow their "ideal" set-up, regardless of local conditions. That's before getting into the FFA board pissing competition that is largely irrelevant to the actual league, it just renders the management of the sport a bit of a joke.

The winter olympics started today. Think I enjoy them more than the summer one. How anyone can come down those moguls in one piece, time after time, then walk normally afterwards is beyond me! We already have two into the finals (men and women)and another three girls to go again for a second chance for the final sunday.

Looking forward to our young fella in the snowboarding, not sure of his name, but apparently is world champ or was.....then there is the ski-jumps. Love it!

For a country with minimal snow, we really do very well. Some of the snow countries competitors were nowhere near as good as our guys..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer the camo to their real colour scheme. Big year for Danny if they aren't close he goes imo

All the speculation seems to be that Mercedes are in the box seat if he goes. Shame. I'd ******* love him at Ferrari.

Giovinazzi and LeClerc still too young. Perez is likely second on Ferrari's list behind Ricciardo.

All the speculation seems to be that Mercedes are in the box seat if he goes. Shame. I'd ******* love him at Ferrari.

Giovinazzi and LeClerc still too young. Perez is likely second on Ferrari's list behind Ricciardo.
Perez is consistent but is he ferrari material?No villeneuve (giles). A bit boring, even Kimi gets on it from time to time.

Mercedes-Benz will be there or there abouts for a few years yet. I just want Danny to have a chance at a championship I don't think that will come at rb. They are behind Verstappen

It’s s**t he can’t move on from his mistakes without it following him around.

So bs if warner gets suspended
He did have a 1.6 million civil suit awarded against him for the incident, which he has conveniently forgotten to pay. So if he is repentant maybe he should at least make an effort.

He did have a 1.6 million civil suit awarded against him for the incident, which he has conveniently forgotten to pay. So if he is repentant maybe he should at least make an effort.

No end of season trips to Las Vegas for him.

Precisely.

Doesn’t seem like it’s enforceable unless he goes back to the states? Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think 99.99% of people wouldn’t pay it and just never go back to America.

Doesn’t seem like it’s enforceable unless he goes back to the states? Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think 99.99% of people wouldn’t pay it and just never go back to America.
Which is why if he is truly repentant, as he is stating on TV, he should at least make an effort. At least pay the psychiatric bill for the kid and mother he threatened to kill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back