General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rob Whittaker headlining UFC 234 in Melbourne this weekend. Fastest selling event ever at Rod Laver arena. Crowds going to be amazing.

Definitely an event to watch if you’re a casual fighting fan. Israel Adesanya v Anderson Silva is one to watch too.

Rob Whittaker headlining UFC 234 in Melbourne this weekend. Fastest selling event ever at Rod Laver arena. Crowds going to be amazing.

Definitely an event to watch if you’re a casual fighting fan. Israel Adesanya v Anderson Silva is one to watch too.
I'm going Billy; my first UFC event in Melbourne. I got tickets late and whilst good tix, they weren't cheap.

I'm most looking to the Anderson Silva fight though.

What an unmitigated disaster that Robert Whittaker has pulled out of UFC234 as the main draw card. Fortunately the UFC has offered refunds which I’m electing to take up given the cost of my seats and the underwhelming card on offer, other than Anderson Silva, but forking out a little over $1200 per seat ain’t worth it.

What an unmitigated disaster that Robert Whittaker has pulled out of UFC234 as the main draw card. Fortunately the UFC has offered refunds which I’m electing to take up given the cost of my seats and the underwhelming card on offer, other than Anderson Silva, but forking out a little over $1200 per seat ain’t worth it.
Yeah man I’d for sure take that refund. So disappointing

$1200?
Even if Whittaker was fighting, it’s not worth that!

Oh my God what a second half from Wales. Fighting over the line after 30-something phases and then that absolutely perfect kick across the ground....

AR HYD Y NOS!

Nadal wasn't impressed either, didn't walk to the net to shake hands just walked around the net and past Nick.

Pleased Nick won but he still makes it hard to watch him or like him. I have to turn off once he starts his silly nonsense.

NRL certainly brought out the big stick-

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/bd19b9606002732981f0873e1baf68cf

NRL Punishments

• Dylan Walker stood down for at least three months;
  • Scott Bolton suspended 10 games, fined 5% of 2019 salary;
  • Dylan Napa fined 10% of 2019 salary;
  • Sharks fined $1.25 million; salary cap penalty of $707,000 over two seasons;
  • Sharks coach Shane Flaganan’s NRL registration cancelled;
  • Tigers fined $375,000; salary cap penalty of $670,000;
  • Jack de Belin stood down indefinitely;
  • NRL refuses to register Zane Musgrove’s contract.
Is it just my perception or is NRL player behavior worse than AFL players?

Undoubted talent but will likely lose in next round to Wawrinka.

He didn't, he won and as usual had drama on the court and with the crowd........had a fall in first game, cut his hand which needed attention but the crowd booed him, also had cramps.

As I can't stand Wawrinka I'm glad Nick beat him though. Apparently will face either Millman or Isner next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nadal wasn't impressed either, didn't walk to the net to shake hands just walked around the net and past Nick.

Pleased Nick won but he still makes it hard to watch him or like him. I have to turn off once he starts his silly nonsense.

Watched the whole match live and Nick was booed the entire time (clearly premeditated). He complained (fairly) to the umpire about Nadal’s slow tactics.

Against Wawrinka he complained to the umpire because Stan was pumping up the crowd when they were booing Nick.

I’m the first to pick him up on his behaviour but in both his match with Nadal and Wawrinka, he was very focused and completely reasonable.

Nads was a massive baby for being upset about the underarm serve, being told to speed up and ultimately losing.

Last edited:
Has he turned the corner and will fulfill his potential Kyrgios d Zverev 6-3 7-5 in the final.

I'd bet nearly anything that if he starts winning big tournaments all will be forgiven by most of the public.

Has he turned the corner and will fulfill his potential Kyrgios d Zverev 6-3 7-5 in the final.

I'd bet nearly anything that if he starts winning big tournaments all will be forgiven by most of the public.
If he can keep his body fit and his head in the game????
Sky is the limit!

I’m not usually prone to hyperbole, but for mine he’s without a doubt the most prodigious talent tennis has ever seen. If he can get other parts of his game in order he could be anything. But... work ethic, fitness, desire, maturity....... we’ll see. I think he’s copped more flak than he’s deserved over the years as he’s not the stereotypical Aussie battler the public loves. Sure he’s put a target on his own head quite a bit, but as I’ve said ad nauseum people mature at different rates and it might be it just takes him a bit longer.

Anyone else enjoying watching the NRL implode? Really shot themselves in the foot as soon as they stepped debelin down. He’s gonna get millions out of suing them

Wowee, Giants traded Odell Beckham Jr to the Browns.

Bold strategy Cotton.

tumblr_m8cngszleY1r9ktnn.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back