General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

At least the Lions aren't anywhere near as depressing as the world golf scene at the moment.

Get some bleach ready for your eyes.

At least the Lions aren't anywhere near as depressing as the world golf scene at the moment.

Get some bleach ready for your eyes.

Bit disrespectful of those hooligans to be playing golf in a graveyard

Fantastic scenes as the Opals took bronze in the World Cup. Lauren Jackson had an amazing farewell game (30 points) after making a comeback at age 40.

Absolutely unreal comeback.

Yeesh! What do you even call the colour of the bottom half? "Vanilla Coke Can"?

View attachment 1524710
I'm a Dolphins supporter from back in the early 80s when they had names like Conescu, Neibling and Fullerton-Smith. I've not followed league seriously since the Super League days. I thought this team might be enough to get me interested, but they aren't filling me with a great deal of hope.

I think it's meant to be gold, but it really just looks like beige. Maybe it will look different in the flesh. I know they couldn't just go for a straight red and white jersey as Illawarra would kick up a stink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Dolphins supporter from back in the early 80s when they had names like Conescu, Neibling and Fullerton-Smith. I've not followed league seriously since the Super League days. I thought this team might be enough to get me interested, but they aren't filling me with a great deal of hope.

I think it's meant to be gold, but it really just looks like beige. Maybe it will look different in the flesh. I know they couldn't just go for a straight red and white jersey as Illawarra would kick up a stink.
I was a massive fan of the Fortitude Valley Diehards back in the 70s, fantastic memories of going to Neumann Oval, Corbett Park, Purtell Park, Langlands Park, Bishop Park and of course Lang Park. There was great atmosphere at those small suburban grounds.

Hugh O'Doherty, Marty Scanlan, Ross Strudwick, John McCabe, Gerry Fitzpatrick were among my favourites. Great names from other clubs I remember fondly are the likes of Wayne Lindenberg, Des Morris, Tony Obst, Brad Backer, Richie Twist, Lew Platz, Joe Kilroy.

I was a massive fan of the Fortitude Valley Diehards back in the 70s, fantastic memories of going to Neumann Oval, Corbett Park, Purtell Park, Langlands Park, Bishop Park and of course Lang Park. There was great atmosphere at those small suburban grounds.

Hugh O'Doherty, Marty Scanlan, Ross Strudwick, John McCabe, Gerry Fitzpatrick were among my favourites. Great names from other clubs I remember fondly are the likes of Wayne Lindenberg, Des Morris, Tony Obst, Brad Backer, Richie Twist, Lew Platz, Joe Kilroy.
I was just telling a mate the other day who's in his 30s and has only ever known the Broncos, how nearly everyone in school would have their own team. In the early 80s it was often whoever Wally Lewis was playing for though! There was even merch - for a local comp in the 80s!

wow is t20 dead?

Scrolling through Kayo, and see there's a t20 international at the Gabba, check it out briefly and it's at a very, very, empty Gabba.

Alos, who knew there was a cricket world cup in Australia?

wow is t20 dead?

Scrolling through Kayo, and see there's a t20 international at the Gabba, check it out briefly and it's at a very, very, empty Gabba.

It's quietly building. I think most cricket fans know. Ticket sales have been good - they went on sale at the beginning of the year from memory. I think they're keeping their powder dry and not hyping it too early. Now both major codes or football have finished you'll start hearing about it more. These current games are essentially warm-up games.

wow is t20 dead?

How can anything compete with the European Cricket T10 tournament? Final day of the tournament is on tonight... (On Kayo and Facebook).

Man....if this was of Funky Miller, it'd be sporting gold :D

If you have Kayo, I can reccomend checking out the Australian GP in MotoGP. Jack Miller unfortunately got taken out, but there were more overtakes that I've seen in a race and at the end it was still only about 4 seconds separating 1 & 10.

Sat down for lunch at work and the cricket is on. Now I haven’t watched cricket for decades, but how freaking green is that wicket.

At least it looks like a decent crowd, compared the scenes of the WACA during the sports news, showing a near empty ground.

Sat down for lunch at work and the cricket is on. Now I haven’t watched cricket for decades, but how freaking green is that wicket.

At least it looks like a decent crowd, compared the scenes of the WACA during the sports news, showing a near empty ground.
Good crowd yes. But I often find it a bit like oranges and apples when comparing cricket crowds. If you have high profile opposition and good timing (weekend, public holiday etc..) the crowds will come. Makes me chuckle when the Victorians carry on about their Boxing Day crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back