General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree
49ers look to have more energy also. If the Chiefs do come back it will be a massive effort
Looks like the reverse moz might have had just the right amount of energy.

Classy.

Very cool of Fedex (the major sponsor of the Washington Redskins) come out and explicitly request the team to change their name.

In a world which is currently pushing to change names that simply are incompatible with what is tasteful in the modern era, the Washington Redskins name has got to be up there as one of the most overtly offensive and mind-bogglingly anachronistic brand names in the world.

Dan Snyder has been a stubborn arsehole on the issue so far, but surely enough is enough.

I'm not a Leeds United fan, but its fantastic to see a big club like them back in the EPL after 16 years in the wilderness.

Also, for any lover of sport, how can you not love this interview with Adebayo Akinfenwa; built like a freight train, but a pretty handy footballer and all round good guy. By way of context, his club, Wycombe Wanderers were just promoted to the Championship (second tier) in the English Football League for the first time in the club's history in the play off game:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a Leeds United fan, but its fantastic to see a big club like them back in the EPL after 16 years in the wilderness.

Also, for any lover of sport, how can you not love this interview with Adebayo Akinfenwa; built like a freight train, but a pretty handy footballer and all round good guy. By way of context, his club, Wycombe Wanderers were just promoted to the Championship (second tier) in the English Football League for the first time in the club's history in the play off game:

Agree, I've had a soft spot for Leeds for a long time and it only grew larger when Kewell and Viduka had stints with them, my earliest recollections of them were the Leeds V Chelsea FA cup final in 1970 which involved a replay. I have a vinyl record of the replay, haven't listened to it for over 30 years. I have supported Chelsea since I was a wee boy but I do hope Leeds do well in the Premier League next season, not quite as well as Chelsea though, at least avoid going straight back down.

It'll be a bigger achievement if Brentford go up, but will get a lot less fanfare. 70-odd years between drinks is a big drought.
They're also the form team of the comp. Well they were until they dropped their last game, but agreed since Thomas Frank came on board and brought in a real Danish influence they have just been on fire. I think I'd like to see them in the EPL over say WBA.

Chelsea 3 v Manchester United 1 in the FA Cup semi, All the more satisfying result for me given my brother has been a Man U fan around about the same length of time I've followed Chelsea.

Big couple of games coming up in the league v Liverpool and Wolves, need to secure a Champions League spot, if not we then have to hope Man Citys ban is upheld.

Chelsea 3 v Manchester United 1 in the FA Cup semi, All the more satisfying result for me given my brother has been a Man U fan around about the same length of time I've followed Chelsea.
I was probably more chuffed that Spurs beat Leicester overnight too, which really assists getting a top 4 spot.

Its been a fair achievement by Frank Lampard with the youthful squad his had at his disposal this season and what a crowing achievement if he could claim the FA Cup in addition to a UCL spot.

I'm not a basketball fan but I watched The Last Dance over the last few days, what a fantastic sports documentary.

What stood out was Michael Jordan's single minded focus and dedication to the cause, undoubtedly he had natural talent but it was his determination to be the best and the willingness to put in the work that made him an all time great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back