News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say that's the greatest weekend I've ever had as a sporting fan: First the ferals make another granny - that one was the worst of them all; I'm no fan of Penrith, then the All Blacks pound the Aussies, then another Kiwi wins Bathurst. And lastly, the Arsenal get the done again by the Manchester City.

So long as Cats wipe the floor with those bastards next week, I'll be happy. But seeing that dirty mob in the media all week will be very hard to deal with!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How focussed on the game instead of the prematch bullshit are they?
Great highlights package of signature moves from previous GFs, meshed with kids re-enacting the moves at school, on the beach, at the park etc. ... brilliant stuff.

Talking heads only part of the package, not the whole thing. Interviews with the coaches were about them, not the person making a statement disguised as a question.

Oh, and Amy Shark with a couple of the INXS boys did the pre game singing. Classy

just what women's cricket didn't need, michael slater in the commentary box, no sense of place, plays lead without being asked, takes the bulk of the commentary without being asked, never shuts up, hyperbole, cringe-worthy addition of "y" to everyone's name (price/pricey) the worst of the men's game

Congratulations to Remy Gardner winning his first Moto 2 Grand Prix . Solid mature second half season culminating in podiums and a win . Looking forward to his elevation to the factory team next year. He belongs in the top class . He’s built for moto gp . And Jack Miller wow . Great consistent year not withstanding. He will ride in red for factory Ducati next year. Well done to both riders , especially coming from the satellites..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maradona - gone at 60.

Very sad news.

To my mind, he is the 2nd Greatest Sportsman who ever lived

My top 3 are

1 Muhammad Ali
2 Diego Maradona
3 Michael Jordan

There is a magnificent bio-pic movie about his brilliant career and troubled personal life/struggles on Amazon Prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back