News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of Rugby at all, not going to diminish the sport at all, know many decent and passionate fans of the code, but I will probably watch most of the WC final tonight at my local inn (mainly there to watch the first Westgate Derby in Melbourne), but gotta be on the Springboks bandwagon surely.

You can never go wrong with "Anyone But England" 👍👍👍🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦

Oh for Pete's sake, they are calling Melbourne Victory v Western United the 'Eureka Rumble' 👎👎

That makes as much sense as Geelong and Essendoped playing for the 'Country Bumpkin Farmer's cup every year (or the distance Derby in the A League, Perth v Wellington)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is downright decent by Jingles (and his better half Renae, who was a sporting superstar herself in Netball)

Joe just signed a 14 million dollar extension with his American Team, the Utah Jazz, but has always seemed to me the same humble, likeable and grounded young man he was when playing in Melbourne for the South Dragons in the NBL.

Sadly Joe is a mad Hawthorn fan, but no one is perfect :)

Sam Kerr scored 2 goals as The Matildas win again.

Big week for our female footballers with the historic equal pay deal struck by the FFA.

Can't help but think this is a fair and just decision, if you consider the fact that the male Socceroos players generally will earn a lot more at Club level throughout their careers than the Matildas...

Sam Kerr really is a gem, and from what I ascertained, she played a big part in her brother's recovery from his infamous drug and alcohol addiction.

Call me silly, but I honestly think Sam Kerr would be a very worthy Australian of the Year winner !

Ash Barty handing Caroline Garcia a double bagel at Fed Cup today. Hopefully she can dish out more of the same to Kristina Mladenovic tomorrow! Think we need to win both singles tomorrow, Mladenovic is 2nd ranked doubles player in the world (though Ash is pretty handy too - top 20). Don't want it to come down to doubles.

Fortunately the test match starting Thursday will hold me over til the draft

Local cricket was washed out 2 Saturday's ago. One of the lads went to the boot of his car and pulled out the old 'Freddie Truemans Test Match' and we drank and played it for hours!!😆

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Local cricket was washed out 2 Saturday's ago. One of the lads went to the boot of his car and pulled out the old 'Freddie Truemans Test Match' and we drank and played it for hours!!😆

View attachment 780722
Spent many an hour playing this. Dad and I made up a rule that if you hit it and it rolled over the fence it was 6.

Not officially part of the rules but hey, otherwise there's no 6s! (well, there was a little bit marked as 6, but this was way better :p )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back