General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fight.

If you'd have told me India bat once for 600, and Smarsh and Handscomb batted out almost the entire final day on that wicket id have laughed at you.

Brilliant last day

Someone needs to put a muzzle on Michael Clarke. Is he seriously trying to be the most despised former captain ever?
Border - class
Taylor - class
Benaud - class
Ponting - class

Most have handled themselves brilliantly post-playing career. Even Chappelli manages to be outspoken without douching it up.

How about those Socceroos. Went to bed 1-0 up, but was nervous as they were playing rubbish & sounds like we were lucky to be 1-1 in the end.

Automatic qualification is looking concerning...
3 home game, including 1 here. They SHOULD be fine as the gulf nations are rubbish away.

They weren't great though, the days of the golden generation are long gone.

3 home game, including 1 here. They SHOULD be fine as the gulf nations are rubbish away.

They weren't great though, the days of the golden generation are long gone.
If we plays like this, we will get smashed in the cup...

We are chasing the leading 2 now...

We will indeed.

The state of Asian football is certainly not what it was a decade ago

7/268

Need 300 minimum.

Wade doing a great job.
We got your minimum, which was more than I thought.

Hopefully can blast them out early... but why wasn't Cummins given the only over for a bit of chin music?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

US Masters starts tomorrow morning :)

Close to my favourite sporting event of the year.

masters-golf-packages.jpg

I've got an old friend who works for Callaway these days, she has been invited by them to go fully paid.

Apparently a tornado went through there late yesterday.

So 52% of the Australian Olympic Committees budget goes on exec pays and admin costs, Coates is on over $700k and they lease exclusive Sydney offices at $500k per year.

All this whilst our performances decline. Greedy ****s.
I'm studying this at uni currently, now is out it'll ruffle feathers.

The other candidate running against Coates will do it for no pay and slash the admin budget, i don't know anything about her but surely she has to get up.
Coates just has to go.

Been there way too long & more interested in looking after himself, rather than uniting & running the organisation well.

Needs an overhaul. We need to lower funding down to zero for sports that aren't part of Australian culture and that we have not historically had success in at Olympic level. Bad luck to athletes in those sports but it's not a charity. KPI's need to be Olympic medals, not fairness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back