Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Bernard Tomic covers himself in glory yet again :rolleyes:

Have we ever had a bigger bunch of heartless flogs at the top end of our tennis tree?

And yet we have Rodionova fighting off 7 match points to get through to the second round.

She has more guts in her little finger than what Kyrgios and Tomic have combined in their whole bodies!

I know a lot of people bagged Hewitt back in the day but he always fought to the end at least.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
And yet we have Rodionova fighting off 7 match points to get through to the second round.

She has more guts in her little finger than what Kyrgios and Tomic have combined in their whole bodies!

I know a lot of people bagged Hewitt back in the day but he always fought to the end at least.
Could never ever accuse Lleyton of anything else, especially in big moments during Davis Cup.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No wonder he doesn't want them anywhere near the Davis Cup squad
Kyrgios he does, and to Nicks credit he has taken it more seriously since Lleyton has been working with him.

Tomic is beyond a lost cause.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It sounds like Kyrgios really shouldn't have played Wimbledon, he needs to get his body right. Tomic on the other hand...
Even Bernies old man is having a massive dip at his son. Saying he disrespected Wimbledon and he needs to pull his head in.

Thought I'd seen it all

Jeff Horn just beat future HoFer Manny Paquiao by unanimous decision.

Unbelievably big result, and it got less attention than 40 odd year olds in Adelaide

Alright, I actually watched this fight live...c'mon now, 'fess up---no way should it have been a unanimous decision. ;)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Alright, I actually watched this fight live...c'mon now, 'fess up---no way should it have been a unanimous decision. ;)
I had him winning, purely because he won more rounds, but it was no way in hell that clear cut.

I had him winning, purely because he won more rounds, but it was no way in hell that clear cut.

You happen to catch the ref say he was gonna stop the fight if Horn didn't show something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nah not even close, the whinging from the entire Philipines was kinda funny

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yep thatll be enough, but will Japan care enough to try ?? Saudis will want nothing more than to see us sweat it out in a 3rd placed playoff which is currently against Syria.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Yep thatll be enough, but will Japan care enough to try ?? Saudis will want nothing more than to see us sweat it out in a 3rd placed playoff which is currently against Syria.
We're Melbourne!

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Is the balance right?

Surely there are teams in Europe, South America and Africa who miss out that are way better than us, Syria and Saudi Arabia
Correct, its why the 5th best South American team always used to beat us in a playoff. European countries bat pretty deep too, but the Africans, who can be good on their day are very inconsistent

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is the balance right?

Surely there are teams in Europe, South America and Africa who miss out that are way better than us, Syria and Saudi Arabia
seeing as Asia includes the middle east I'd say its about right, but it wouldn't be that hard to make a case for dropping one spot from Asia and giving it to Europe though IMO. This guy runs through a few things pretty quickly if you're interested in the idea http://vorosmccracken.com/?p=140

back to the Socceroos for a moment, since 2006 despite a lot of growth in the A-League the national team has gone backwards. Appears as though while there might be more reliable pathways for more junior players these days it would seem they're not producing the goods.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
seeing as Asia includes the middle east I'd say its about right, but it wouldn't be that hard to make a case for dropping one spot from Asia and giving it to Europe though IMO. This guy runs through a few things pretty quickly if you're interested in the idea http://vorosmccracken.com/?p=140

back to the Socceroos for a moment, since 2006 despite a lot of growth in the A-League the national team has gone backwards. Appears as though while there might be more reliable pathways for more junior players these days it would seem they're not producing the goods.
Just one of those things.

That 06 side was a bees pecker away from a WC quarter final against the USA and a probable Semi appearance. We had players playing regularly and well in the best leagues in the world, and only 3 years earlier Kewell was shortlisted for world footballer of the year.

92-07 was THE generation for us. I think you're partially correct in that the A League might stunt development but it's also the case Asia wide, the region is in a lull despite some very good players, particularly Japanese, playing in the big leagues.

I think we are poorly coached, and we haven't developed a big goalscorer so we still rely on Cahill at 50yo.

Back