General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Adrenaline won their first match in regulation since April last night knocking off an in form Perth Thunder 2-1.

I think everyone was in shock we were winning up until about the last 3 minutes when the crowd believed they could actually win this and started getting rowdy.

Hope he has a good agent

He is about to discover the world is a very big place.

Hope he remembers that the idea is to have fun! ;)

(Also the boy already spins his rounds--I somehow vividly remember at least a couple shots he didn't feel great about, lol)

He is about to discover the world is a very big place.

Hope he remembers that the idea is to have fun! ;)

(Also the boy already spins his rounds--I somehow vividly remember at least a couple shots he didn't feel great about, lol)
All the best to him. Yes remind him why he started playing. The fun and the enjoyment of the perfect shot.

All the best to him. Yes remind him why he started playing. The fun and the enjoyment of the perfect shot.

Thanks, yes I have tried my best to get him to understand the idea is:

1) meet people from all over
2) have fun
3) play in all the events he wants
4) have fun
5) not yell at his Dad cause his Dad stinks in the father/son event ;)
6) have fun

His personal goal is to try to make Van Horn Cup team when he is 12. I think it's great he has a goal but I tried to temper it by saying this is his first trip down here, just enjoy everything and have fun--long way to go until he is 12.

Realistically, I will be surprised if he is inside 100.

Hopefully, he and Aaron do decent in the team best ball event on Tuesday and that settles him down. I know he is excited and he should be but lots of really tremendous players down there.

Walking billboard for Taylormade, that one ;)

His old man has been going with the blue Crows cap so far.

First round starts tomorrow for him at 8:42 am local time off Number 10. Like that he is in morning wave because I am an old man and carting around the bag in Carolina heat and humidity in the mid afternoon doesn't seem enjoyable ;)

IMG_8661.JPG Wheels came off round 1 on the last 2 holes--painful to watch as he posted an 86, after taking 13 shots to finish up.

Sensed that perhaps round 2 might be different, so snapped the photo right before he teed off.

Fired a second round 72. Yesterday that would have been good enough for T-9, and 6th best American.

Super proud of his effort today. Final round tomorrow.

Its not the good days that measure a person , its the response after a bad one

Now, can he string another together is the next step.

Ended day up 51 spots, tied 69th. Biggest mover of the day.

Still stunned myself ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking billboard for Taylormade, that one ;)

His old man has been going with the blue Crows cap so far.

First round starts tomorrow for him at 8:42 am local time off Number 10. Like that he is in morning wave because I am an old man and carting around the bag in Carolina heat and humidity in the mid afternoon doesn't seem enjoyable ;)

Since you seem to be an honorary Australian*, you should try and grab a Yellow Duck Pin in support of Jarrod Lyle.

*We do claim everyone with a link to this country.

Since you seem to be an honorary Australian*, you should try and grab a Yellow Duck Pin in support of Jarrod Lyle.

*We do claim everyone with a link to this country.

Great idea.

(Also thank you for high compliment of honorary Aussie) :)

IMG_8675.JPG Got a little cranky and tired down the stretch of Round 3. Five straight bogeys took him out of the 70's to finish with an 84.

Went 86-72-84, tied 90th and 68th best American. Finished one stroke ahead of the Aussie ;)

Really proud of his first time down there--72 showed he can contend if he gets his emotions more under control.

Capped it off with long trek to subregional Drive, Chip, Putt competition this afternoon. Damn kid went out won the thing. So now will be 1 of 10 boys in his age group at the Regional Championship at Muirfield Village. Win there and he makes it to Augusta in April.

What a year for him so far.

Really proud of his first time down there--72 showed he can contend if he gets his emotions more under control.
Needs a bit of help from his caddy there

You gotta rise above it, you gotta harvest the good energy and block out the bad. Harvest energy, block bad. Feel the flow, feel it, it’s circular. Its like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, and you go up and down and around…in a circular circle with the music, the flow, all good things.

caddy.jpg

Needs a bit of help from his caddy there

You gotta rise above it, you gotta harvest the good energy and block out the bad. Harvest energy, block bad. Feel the flow, feel it, it’s circular. Its like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, and you go up and down and around…in a circular circle with the music, the flow, all good things.

View attachment 539313

That is exactly what he needs

As an aside, last year when he did the Drive/Chip/Putt thing for the first time, I quickly figured out the drive portion is next to meaningless so long as you put three in the boundary at a reasonable distance.

The real portion is the chip and putt because you can really rack up some serious points if you do well enough.

So yesterday with pretty strong wind blowing left to right we figured he hit his 3 wood far enough to rack up some points and based on the week in Pinehurst it was likely he could keep 3 in bounds.

Naturally, he completely mishit his second drive and got a big fat zero. :sick: But, you can withstand that if you do well enough in the other two categories.

Last year out of Murfield the winning score was 117. So I still think that is the way to go to try to earn a ticket to Augusta.

Once you get there---you let the big dog eat...no need to strategize just let him rip it. ;)

So, I guess this is where they start getting serious in this comp. Still trying to wrap my head around the fact the boy managed to be one of the last 10 boys in his age group standing in the Western PA/ all of Ohio/ all of Michigan region:

We hope you are getting excited to participate in the Drive, Chip and Putt Regional on Saturday, September 8th at Muirfield Village Golf Club!

PRACTICE

If you will be arriving in Columbus early and would like to practice on Friday (9/7) you may practice at the facilities listed below. Practice will not be permitted at Muirfield Village Golf Club Prior to the event on September 8th however, competitors will have designated practice time at MVGC on September 8th before competing.

And no, it is completely incomprehensible to believe he could actually win this thing and advance to the Masters next April.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back