General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting move by the 36ers - while the Entertainment Centre was actually built with the 36ers in mind, they've never had any real desire to play there (with TSA being built instead to avoid scheduling conflicts). It was also only a few years ago they were so adamant against playing at the Entertainment Centre they were considering playing at Priceline Stadium when TSA was being foreclosed.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/a...WHPvRAS93HlSpwzPFZIbwDIqip78vSxbqwELz2NWhXNLU
Being closer to the city and better public transport than the TSA, just with the extra cost at the Ent Centre, just hope pricing gets raised to much

Hope you fellas don't mind, but little guy could use some good thoughts from Crows backers.

Incredibly (words escape me) the ex refused to turn over his golf clubs to me for his tournaments this weekend in Columbus.

Fortunately, I held on to his last set and he will compete with those clubs.

We were able to squeeze in a practice round right before nightfall. He played remarkably well given the circumstances.

However, when the competition starts tomorrow it remains to be seen how he reacts.

So little AC could use some extra backing (and certainly his old man could to)

Thanks

All the best to little AC

Always remind him the better players use the tools they have . The best golfers are those mates of yours that use the $15 3-club hire bag and smoke your $1000 set of 14

A baseballer picks any bat because his swing is what gives the ball power.

All the best to little AC

Always remind him the better players use the tools they have . The best golfers are those mates of yours that use the $15 3-club hire bag and smoke your $1000 set of 14

A baseballer picks any bat because his swing is what gives the ball power.

Spot on and thanks for the reminder :)

Shot his worst 9 hole score in three years on Saturday with a 53 and finished 18 strokes behind. The boy struggled and I very nearly withdrew him from Sunday because I just didn't want to see him getting mentally beat up. We had a long and good conversation regarding obstacles that pop up in life and the need to try to overcome or at least get around them Saturday night and I decided not to pull the plug.

Naturally, on Sunday he immediately takes double bogey on #1 in pouring rain. Rain let up until #9 but steady wind throughout. Missed a 3 footer for par on the 5th hole that I think we both thought was going to be the killer. Steadied himself and almost drove the green on #6 that was protected by a creek that you had to carry 190 into a crosswind. He was the only kid in his age group that tried to drive it and I thought that showed some real stones because he knew he needed to try to give himself a chance to get one back. On #7 his chip hung up on the edge of the hole and he had to settle for par. The 9th he got unlucky when his chip caught the top of the hill of a two tiered green but didn't have enough momentum to avoid the dreaded roll back down to your feet. Turns out that par on the last would have clinched tie for 1st so he had to settle for a 2nd place finish.

Could not have been more proud of the game effort he made. Threw a scare into Columbus' best player in his age division and he showed some serious mental toughness with everything he dealt with this weekend. Maybe something good can come from that down the road when he is in a tough spot.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit---yes the issue will be addressed in the appropriate venue and soon. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know but Heather Reid probably shouldn't be on a board of any organisation again.
Reading between the lines, it seemed that they took the words of some jilted, non-selected players as gospel.

So were working off incomplete information. Only had one side of the story and overreacted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back