General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone watched the All Or Nothing series?

I got an Amazon Prime trial so that I could watch The Test. Stumbled on the Arizona Cardinals All Or Nothing from the 2015 season. Really interesting

Not seen it but the NFL does put out entertaining things

Fox Sports is replaying the Greg Norman vs Nick Faldo final round at Augusta in 1996. Remember watching the train wreck slowly unfolding live. A gut wrenching few hours. Skipped the start of school that day to see the whole thing.

What are the most memorable sporting games or events you've watched live? Either in the crowd or tv. Outside of Crows games.

For me Andrew Lloyd 5,000 metres at Commonwealth Games. Kieran Perkins 1500m x 2. Ivanisevic vs Pat Rafter 2001 Wimbledon final (Pat lost 9-7 in the 5th).

The test at Adelaide Oval where we lost to the West Indies by one run.

Some World Cup wins. Semi final in 1996 vs West Indies. We were gone, defending only 211 or so. They got to 2/150 or something ridiculous. Warne took 4 wickets. Won by a handful or runs.

The two South Africa games in 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

November 16 2005, Australia vs Uruguay. Outside of last year's HFL Div 2 A Grade GF it was the most emotional sporting event I've ever seen.

Faldo vs Sharkypoo was a big one from the wrong reasons, equally Adam Scott winning the Masters was enormous.

Lowndes winning Bathurst in 2006, the first race after his mentor Brock passed. Also broke a long Ford drought at the Mountain.

Sturt 2002 against the rampant Dogs, made even more significant by the events of a few days later. First time I saw my old man cry.... 26 years of pain and spoons all gone on one magnificent October afternoon.

Perkins in Atlanta, he was gone in the heats.... scrapped his way through and did the remarkable.

Steven Bradbury, not just the ending but the often overlooked back story. Nearly died 8 years earlier on the ice.

South Africa 99 semi, captured perfectly by Billy Birmingham.

Mark Webber Nurburgring 2009, I woke the street up at midnight.

Add to that Adelaide GP 1

Just seeing Jones in his Lola and Ayrton Senna was just fantastic
Saw my first one, sort of, in 88.

Senna's last win in 93 was a big thing for me, having met him on a couple of occasions during my illness. Little did we know what would happen 7 months later.

That 97 Iran game scarred so many, if we couldn't win then, when would we ??

Id add the 15/16 A League GF at AO, when Pablo hit that 3rd goal time seemed to slow down.

Sporting documentaries for me. I got Amazon Prime for The Test but found that it's also got a bunch of 'All Or Nothing' series that are brilliant. I've watched one on the Arizona Cardinals' 2015 season and also one on the Michigan Wolverines. There are others on the All Blacks, Philadelphia Eagles, LA Rams, Manchester City that I haven't seen yet. Also watched Sunderland Til I Die which is great. Now watching Last Chance U which is about junior college football in Kansas.

Sunderland Til I Die is great, an enormous mismanagement of a giant club. Makes us look competent in comparison.

Might give Last Chance U a look, met a large bunch of Kansas State fans while in Memphis over the new year, great people.

Yeah, I am watching Korean baseball at 2:20am

Pretty certain this would have been in top 5 things I would never have considered

2020 is a strange damn year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back