General Stats Questions & Requests Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for Hate . What is the total number of individual players who have played 1 or more games in the Sweet FA?
Essentially, just the sum total count of all players over history.
Thanks in advance!
2,081 as of Season 31, Round 14.

Oh that one's different, that's the one the Committee implemented to track Expansion sympathisers so they could crush your hopes and dreams and testicles.

Alas, explains why Ive been involved in not one, not two, but THREE failed expansion attempts :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine there's no easy way to find a break-down of where individual users started each game? For example, something like:

Tarkyn_24
  • FF: 216 games
  • LFP: 32 games
  • RFP: 9 games
  • Ruck: 88 games
  • LW: 6 games
  • RW: 2 games
  • INT1: 5 games
  • INT2: 1 game

That sort of thing?
Where they finished a game is much easier! But what you're asking would require the opening blurb, which generally isn't something a stats-collector has been collecting. Unless someone's been doing some extremely hard work behind the scenes.

The other way to determine this would be to reverse-engineer the commentary. Again, maybe someone's done it!

Where they finished a game is much easier! But what you're asking would require the opening blurb, which generally isn't something a stats-collector has been collecting. Unless someone's been doing some extremely hard work behind the scenes.

The other way to determine this would be to reverse-engineer the commentary. Again, maybe someone's done it!

No problem, thanks Mobbs. :)

I imagine there's no easy way to find a break-down of where individual users started each game? For example, something like:

Tarkyn_24

That sort of thing?
I've only done it recently, Barrybran can probably do the last handful of seasons.

It would be good data to have.
Every match should include 2 team lineup submissions from Round 1 of S01 onwards, which maybe extremely rare anomalies. However they are manually supplied with standardised format in only the more recent times. I think there's approx 10000 team submissions ( guesstimate ).
We could stage a combo working bee and grab some seasons each to do. Headless can coordinate and receive the data for processing. I'd be happy to collate the early seasons.

Tarkyn_24

That sort of thing?
I've only done it recently, Barrybran can probably do the last handful of seasons.
Yep, I've got this back to S28/29ish. I haven't had a chance to go further back than that yet but I can put that together quite easily. My biggest issue is time.

Every match should include 2 team lineup submissions from Round 1 of S01 onwards, which maybe extremely rare anomalies. However they are manually supplied with standardised format in only the more recent times. I think there's approx 10000 team submissions ( guesstimate ).
We could stage a combo working bee and grab some seasons each to do. Headless can coordinate and receive the data for processing. I'd be happy to collate the early seasons.
Barry would, as I do, have a system that makes the process a bit easier. It is pretty easy, but very time consuming, to do from the headers of matches, but the early seasons were just the captain submitting them, the simmer getting it completely wrong and the sim not displaying that in the early versions. The other contender is these imbeciles who CHANGE THEIR NAME 500 TIMES.

On this, I use a combination of the teamsheet from the teamsheet thread and the box score from the match thread. Provided we have an archive of these two pieces of information for every game this can be produced quite easily. It takes me about half an hour to do an entire round.

Barry would, as I do, have a system that makes the process a bit easier. It is pretty easy, but very time consuming, to do from the headers of matches, but the early seasons were just the captain submitting them, the simmer getting it completely wrong and the sim not displaying that in the early versions. The other contender is these imbeciles who CHANGE THEIR NAME 500 TIMES.
On this, I use a combination of the teamsheet from the teamsheet thread and the box score from the match thread. Provided we have an archive of these two pieces of information for every game this can be produced quite easily. It takes me about half an hour to do an entire round.
Yes all good however lots of this smoother process still only applies to recent seasons - the teamsheet thread has only been around what, maybe 10 seasons? Prior to that we can go back many more seasons and collect from the start of the commentary. Before that, it's solid grind.
I just looked at a match from S01R01 and there's no team (fore or aft) in the match thread :D
Scouring beforehand I did find my first submitted team list and extracted it. Comparing to the box score as BB calls it to make sure it's the same players, and all is good.
Name changes are a massive pain however if there's a dataset of specifically just name changes, it shouldn't be too hard?
I'll try to complete the other 5 teams of S01R01 before I get into a shower. Gotta go out today.

I see four stages of Team Sheet accessibility:
1. Absolute nightmare of scouring other threads for captains announcing their teams in media pieces. Probably just part of S01.
2. Team sheets being submitted in the small early season match threads. From (I hope) early into S01.
3. Match commentary including an opening blurb with the team lineups. (within first few seasons somewhere)
4. Team Sheet Submission threads were commenced. (seems S26 in Season 2 of Kennedy Parker 's reign as 1 thread per round, combined in S28 under Ant Bear into single thread per season. Does that sound right, guys?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back