General Stats Questions & Requests Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only canon international venues will have to be the MCG and Telstra Dome due to the AFL All-Stars.

That makes things a lot easier because not many Heritage games are played at alternate venues really.

I know the Hawks have gone back to Waverley a couple of times since they moved to the Eyrie and the Roys play at Renown Park in Heritage Rounds. Has there been a game at Outback Arena for premiership points recently or am I imagining things?
Alberton for the Swamprats would be the only other venue

I have venue data for matches but I haven't gone through the process of checking the accuracy, I gave up when I had discussion with Mobbs and he was like 'yeah but this ground was that, in that location, but named this and then that, but then over to that location and named this for that club, but then renamed to this and moved 5 metres to the right' (my interpretation). I tagged some rounds with HR/IR correct, but have not gone back to re-do them and check accuracy.

It's up to you if you wanna incorporate into the official stuff but this thread includes all of the dimensions, the differing names and the different tenants up until about S28 or so I think, and I did all of that stuff with stuff I got from Mobbs. Think he managed to streamline the amount of stadiums pretty well by linking clubs and stuff, for example the Bears used to play at 'Nou Camp' and 'Las Vegas Carrara' in S5-7 but we established that it was the same ground that was demolished and replaced by the shopping centre with Stadium in the Sky on the top so for statistical purposes we could consider them one ground.

Alberton for the Swamprats would be the only other venue
Looks like Dark Park might have hosted a game at some point too. Thanks for your help guys I'll just search for those venues

It's up to you if you wanna incorporate into the official stuff but this thread includes all of the dimensions, the differing names and the different tenants up until about S28 or so I think, and I did all of that stuff with stuff I got from Mobbs. Think he managed to streamline the amount of stadiums pretty well by linking clubs and stuff, for example the Bears used to play at 'Nou Camp' and 'Las Vegas Carrara' in S5-7 but we established that it was the same ground that was demolished and replaced by the shopping centre with Stadium in the Sky on the top so for statistical purposes we could consider them one ground.

Also I'm pretty sure all of the grounds (bar the MCG and TD) have physical representation in the Minecraft world and any ground name used in the Sweet FA will be in that list, either as a current name or a previous name, up to S28 at least.

It is all definitely on the list to revisit, I did use your thread at some point.

Looks like Dark Park might have hosted a game at some point too. Thanks for your help guys I'll just search for those venues
GCR vs ROY - S28, R07 (HR). Windy Hill the same round.

GCR vs ROY - S28, R07 (HR). Windy Hill the same round.
That's really interesting since Windy Hill had been demolished by then and replaced with an Archery Range

Mobbs ?

I have venue data for matches but I haven't gone through the process of checking the accuracy, I gave up when I had discussion with Mobbs and he was like 'yeah but this ground was that, in that location, but named this and then that, but then over to that location and named this for that club, but then renamed to this and moved 5 metres to the right' (my interpretation). I tagged some rounds with HR/IR/RR/SR but have not gone back to re-do them and check accuracy.

Heritage Round S26 (R08) and S28 (R07)
Just use the given ground names and whatever you can find the teams called them, and whatever extra connection I want to draw is up to me and my job to sell.

That's really interesting since Windy Hill had been demolished by then and replaced with an Archery Range

Mobbs ?
I have Windy Hill ground as follows (SFA equiv seasons):
S00-01 - Windy Hill FC (Alberton Competition)
S02-03 - Bigfooty Bombers (Central Association)
S04-08 - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
S09-20 - Hurricanes (Western League)
S21 - Vacant
S22 - Demolished

I have Windy Hill ground as follows (SFA equiv seasons):
S00-01 - Windy Hill FC (Alberton Competition)
S02-03 - Bigfooty Bombers (Central Association)
S04-08 - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
S09-20 - Hurricanes (Western League)
S21 - Vacant
S22 - Demolished
Looks like we installed some portable goal posts and played it on the archery range then. :D

Question for this stats people (Barrybran, Hate, serial_thrilla) and Mobbs:

1 : 11.17 {FB} - TheDarkDwarf wants to get on with proceedings.
1 : 11.21 {rBP} - Almost a throw to ant555.
1 : 11.27 {rBP} - TheDarkDwarf on the end of this.
1 : 11.31 {rBP} - He has time to take a bounce.
1 : 11.38 {CHB} - He sends the ball to jackster83.
1 : 11.41 {CHB} - Drunkgoliath will take this. No - he's dropped it.
1 : 11.46 {CHB} - jackster83 takes off.
1 : 11.52 {CHB} - jackster83 takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
1 : 11.56 {C} - He takes another.
1 : 12.03 {C} - jackster83 goes all the way.
1 : 12.06 {C} - Sails through the big sticks for number 1.
Sin City Swamprats : 2.1.13
East Side Phoenix : 2.2.14

Have you ever seen the player in the CHB slot (or any of the back 6) kick a goal?

This is the first instance I've ever come across although I'm looking at only a small subset of games. I can see from the sim programming the bounce moves him to the C position which allows him to take the shot, but he did initially take possession as CHB in the CHB slot on the sim grid.

Have you ever seen the player in the CHB slot (or any of the back 6) kick a goal?

This is the first instance I've ever come across although I'm looking at only a small subset of games. I can see from the sim programming the bounce moves him to the C position which allows him to take the shot, but he did initially take possession as CHB in the CHB slot on the sim grid.
I can't say I've noticed it before but like all things probability, it can happen. Mobbs would have a better idea of the percentages than me but I'd say it's quite low as it looks like two bounces, a missed tackle and a kick from outside 50.

I can't prove anything but I do think I've seen it. However it's not a common occurrence.

For the player to get a shot on goal he must at least be up on the centre line.
A player advances a line for each two bounces. (I think it's exactly this).
Choosing to bounce the ball is based on a randomized chance. Can't remember the odds.
But if for hypothetical's sake it's 1 in 5, then taking two bounces is 1 in 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Blacky was CHF for one game and got outscored by his CHB opponent ant555

Hate the Gumbies just held opponents goalless in the first half in back to back weeks, has this ever been done before?

In the same vein, the Gumbies only allowed 3 total points in the first halves of their previous two games. Is that a record across two consecutive games, and what are similar instances?

Is there any way of finding a list of quadruple double (10+ kicks, handballs, marks, tackles) occurrences?
Has never happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back