News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Little bit of news.

Juan Monaco has retired from professional tennis.

Margaret court is a horrible ambassador for tennis and the arena should not be named after her. She will no longer fly Qantas due to their support of same sex marriage. To think that she has had a number of same sex attracted peers (Navratilova, Billie Jean king, Mauresmo just to a name a few) during and after her career and she could be that heartless about it.

Last edited:
Little bit of news.

Juan Monaco has retired from professional tennis.

Margaret court is a horrible ambassador for tennis and the arena should not be named after her. She will no longer fly Qantas due to their support of same sex marriage. To think that she has had a number of same sex attracted peers (Navratilova, Billie Jean king, Mauresmo just to a name a few) during and after her career and she could be that heartless about it.

The media are now talking about Margaret court arena....

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenn...ves-a-boycott-of-its-own-20170525-gwda2w.html

Bigots gonna bigot. The manner in which she speaks her mind is quite elitist and arrogant. As for the Qantas boycott, it's boring attention-whoring, Dawn-Fraser-style.

If they end renaming Margaret Court Arena what should they call it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Margaret Court Arena operators Melbourne and Olympic Parks have released this statement.
Name change must be imminent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She doesn't agree with gay marriage. Big deal, moving on...
Except that you know, 2 of our most successful female tennis players of the past 10 years are homosexual themselves and would hope for the support of an Australian tennis legend.
Take a look at @caseydellacqua's Tweet:
Take a look at @bambamsam30's Tweet: Take a look at @ashbar96's Tweet:

Last edited:
Except that you know, 2 of our most successful female tennis players of the past 10 years are homosexual themselves and would hope for the support of an Australian tennis legend.
Take a look at @caseydellacqua's Tweet:
Take a look at @bambamsam30's Tweet: Take a look at @ashbar96's Tweet:
Court is allowed to disagree about gay marriage. Many people do, that's their right. Sounds like her views stem from her religion, therein lies the problem imo.

Here is the catch, if an organization is committed to embracing equality, diversity and inclusion then shouldn't they accept Margaret Courts opinions? They are diverse are they not?

I think what you are implying is a paradox. An opinion on 1 issue in this case, SSM, is not the same as an entire belief system and so it and the acceptance/rejection of it shouldn't really be subjected to the categories of equality, diversity and inclusion. I think MCA (just like TA) are just covering their arses by ensuring that Court's opinion is simply hers and hers alone.

i am not sure about the time schedule regarding draws. would she need a wildcard for the tournament before Wimbledon or could she use her protected ranking.

guess we will find out soon.
she needed a wild card and she got one.

Former world No 1 Victoria Azarenka has been handed a wildcard for next month's Mallorca Open as she gears up for a return to Wimbledon following the birth of her son last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/te...ded-wildcard-Mallorca-Open.html#ixzz4iGI3vVHR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Surely you don't get a PR for getting pregnant, it's not an injury, it's a personal choice

It's like maternity leave isn't it? Of course there's a PR

So Casey Dellaqua wont play on Margaret Court arena if she is scheduled there due to Court's disapproval of Gay Marriage etc? (probably not a big deal as I doubt she will play there anyway, out 1st round as usual)

So why does she play in Australia at all when gay marriage isn't legal in Australia? Does she play tournaments in Dubai and places like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back