News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Writing has been on the wall for a while. She struggled retuning after the ban.

Respect to her for a career with some incredible achievements. One of the more competitive female tennis players out there.

But I am not upset that she will be gone from the game. Loved her wimbledon run when she won it at 17, but after that I didn't enjoy watching her play.

2020 has long been predicted as a year of retirements and its certainly happening on the women's side of the game.

not a shock when you think about it. once she lost early in Australia and her ranking went up to 342, it was always going to be tough to fight back. Injures, especially her shoulder, destroyed the once great player

A career grand slam. Will be in the HoF and one of the greats on this era. But agree with the posts above. Didn't find her all that fun to watch.

Coronavirus.

Could that be the only thing which will stop Nadal getting to 20 at the French. But it all seriousness, it will impact the tour you would think and tournaments will be cancelled or postponed assuming governments continue to shut down events to stop the spread. Be interesting to see how the WTA/ATP/ITF will respond in the next month.

Californa just declared a state of emergency. The 3rd US state to do so, after Washington and Florida. Think the US Spring season will be fine still.

Italy has cancelled most sporting events for the next month. A lot will be played behind closed doors. The Rome Open starts in May.

French Open organisers are "studying different scenarios" but are not considering a "postponement or cancellation" of the Grand Slam tournament, which starts in May, due to the coronavirus outbreak, they told AFP on Friday.

The 2020 edition is scheduled to get underway at Roland Garros on 24 May and run until 7 June.

French authorities have decided to cancel events in confined spaces involving more than 5 000 people, but the outdoor clay-court tennis tournament is not affected by that decision
some news on IW as well, but I will post that in the IW thread.

also, balls kids are no longer allowed to touch player towels in many upcoming tournaments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some news on IW as well, but I will post that in the IW thread.

also, balls kids are no longer allowed to touch player towels in many upcoming tournaments.

Hope this stays re the towels. They implemented it at the Davis Cup and I couldn't see any problems with it. Have always felt it shouldn't be part of the ball kids' duties to be towel slaves to the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back