News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Glorious news.

Is Haas a chance at the world tour finals?

He would need a big Asian and indoor swing and while he is 11th in the race to london if you take Murray out he is still 720 points behind Gasquet in 8th. Going to be a struggle I think. What amazes me is he has never made the tour finals

Andy :( Hopefully he is back for the Aussie summer. I wonder if he will play Brisbane again.

Also does anyone find it strange that the Hopman Cup website still has Bartoli listed as playing?

Andy :( Hopefully he is back for the Aussie summer. I wonder if he will play Brisbane again.

Also does anyone find it strange that the Hopman Cup website still has Bartoli listed as playing?

Waiting for the standard WTA retire and then come back routine?

I wouldn't be surprised to see her come and play the Hopman Cup just for the fun of it.

Yeah, cos she's still playing it. Coming out of retirement to play apparently.

I get a feeling this 'retirement' stint of hers wont last very long.

Media are making a bit of a deal about John Tomic being banned from the AO but it is just an extension of the ATP ban that all the other majors have abided by as well.

They don't want to goad the guy too much, he will end up pulling Bernard from the Davis Cup.

The teams for the Hopman cup have been released

Group A:
(1) Poland: Agniezska Radwanska and Jerzy Janowicz
(4) Canada: Eugine Bouchard and Milos Raonic
(6) Italy: Flavia Pennetta and Andreas Seppi
(7) Australia: Sam Stosur and Bernard Tomic

Group B:
(2) United States: Salone Stephens and John Isner
(3) France: Alize Cornet and Jo Wilfried Tsonga
(5) Czech Republic: Petra Kvitova and Radek Stepanek
(8) Spain: Anabel Medina Garrigues and Tommy Robredo

Pretty good line up this year. I really enjoy watching the Hopman cup. My tip will be America to win it.

Spanish team is a bit disappointing. Unlikely to ever get Nadal when up against middle eastern appearance fees but you think they could hook in a Verdasco or Almagro or Lopez. AMG and Robredo, BORING.

Other teams look good. Pennetta and Cornet are not exactly big names but they have been in good form recently. If Kvitova can play doubles, I don't mind the Czechs. Stepanek has always done well early in the season in Australia. Suppose there will be pull outs galore by the time it comes around. The Poles and Canadians have interesting teams. Doubles looks potentially disjointed in the A group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spanish team is a bit disappointing. Unlikely to ever get Nadal when up against middle eastern appearance fees but you think they could hook in a Verdasco or Almagro or Lopez. AMG and Robredo, BORING.

Other teams look good. Pennetta and Cornet are not exactly big names but they have been in good form recently. If Kvitova can play doubles, I don't mind the Czechs. Stepanek has always done well early in the season in Australia. Suppose there will be pull outs galore by the time it comes around. The Poles and Canadians have interesting teams. Doubles looks potentially disjointed in the A group.
eugenie-bouchard-ok3.jpg

Im going....

Nick Kyrgios has been given the first wildcard into Brisbane.

Might as well give him the WC for Sydney and AO while we are at it.

Lleyton Hewitt tonight won the John Newcombe Medal. Also Bernard Tomic has been given a Wildcard into Sydney. Although he should get in since he is the 2nd Alt.

Doesn't matter he won't need it in the end.
Still, the fact that we've offered to use it just sends him the, "Yeah, if you can't get in by yourself we'll make sure you do anyway," message. The last thing he needs. If he has to go through qualifying to get into tournaments so be it.

I agree with what you say, but I think it's an issue with several players and just shows a flaw in the system. Someone like Ash Barty will no doubt get a WC for the AO despite being handed WC for 6 slams previously. That amount of help obviously hasn't helped her in singles, yet they will still give her one...

I agree with what you say, but I think it's an issue with several players and just shows a flaw in the system. Someone like Ash Barty will no doubt get a WC for the AO despite being handed WC for 6 slams previously. That amount of help obviously hasn't helped her in singles, yet they will still give her one...
Who else do you propose they give it to? You're not wrong (keep in mind she won the wc playoff one year), but there isn't exactly anyone else to give it to.

Newcombe medal was a silly invention by the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back