News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Meh can't agree. Zverev, tsitsipas, faa, Medvedev. There are great young players out there who will take over the mantle. And the wta is littered with serious talent. The best its been since the early 00s. Having absolute legends of the sport playing always goes through ups and downs as some eras end.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Meh can't agree. Zverev, tsitsipas, faa, Medvedev. There are great young players out there who will take over the mantle. And the wta is littered with serious talent. The best its been since the early 00s. Having absolute legends of the sport playing always goes through ups and downs as some eras end.

The players are there I agree, but the way commercial sport is run is why it's in trouble IMO. But then maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

Last night we saw the NextGen players step up and beat the top 2 players in the world. I hope the younger guys to continue to play well especially at GS.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Murray making a comeback. Will play in the singles at Australian Open 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Honestly he never even retired. The media and aus open organisers kind of pushed some sort of fake retirement onto him, when he was feeling emotional about another injury setback.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Dunno where to ask this so I’ll just put it in here..

anyone going to AO 2020?

this is the first time I’ll be missing from AO in about 17 years

tickets are overpriced too the max, even the first week the prices are ridiculous now, unless you’re going to outside courts but even then the ground passes are a rip off now, anyone else agree?

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon

anyone going to AO 2020?

tickets are overpriced too the max, even the first week the prices are ridiculous now, unless you’re going to outside courts but even then the ground passes are a rip off now, anyone else agree?
My enjoyment and anticipation dwindles further every year. Really dislike what tilley and TA have done with the tournament as the years go on. Just one big event with a focus on entertainment, food, music, maximising attendees through the gate, scheduled day and night sessions on 2 courts, favouritism to certain players, the absurd amount of people they let through the gates. Let's not talk about the rise in prices for RLA and MCA.

Maybe I'm just getting older and more cynical.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

anyone going to AO 2020?

The last few times I have gone on day 1 with a ground pass as that is all I could see value in but didn't go this year and I doubt I will go next year. Agree with your comments and what pepsi said as well.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
My enjoyment and anticipation dwindles further every year. Really dislike what tilley and TA have done with the tournament as the years go on. Just one big event with a focus on entertainment, food, music, maximising attendees through the gate, scheduled day and night sessions on 2 courts, favouritism to certain players, the absurd amount of people they let through the gates. Let's not talk about the rise in prices for RLA and MCA.

Maybe I'm just getting older and more cynical.

often thought about going second week but wouldn’t dare look at the prices for week 2 now that the first week prices have risen dramatically, probably some ridiculous price for 2 matches at the most..

The last few times I have gone on day 1 with a ground pass as that is all I could see value in but didn't go this year and I doubt I will go next year. Agree with your comments and what pepsi said as well.

it is value, compared to the main courts but it gets very hot some days, so prefer the indoor courts but it’s honestly not worth it unless it’s a player you really wanna see..

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Not going this year (AO Open) I enjoyed it last year though but can't spend $300 for flights and tickets every year. Will support my local event instead.

Sadly Tiley has been successful with the growth of the tournament. I still despise the SUPER DUPER MATCH TIE BREAK!!! in the last set. Can't forgive him for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Fed and Nadal just played in front of the biggest tennis crowd ever. 51K in a Cape Town soccer stadium for Feds charity. Typical exhibition stuff. Fed "won" in 3 sets over Nadal. Those seats, right up the back, were only $11, which is not bad really. You are probably closer than at Arthur Ashe Stadium :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back