News & Events General Tennis News

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are getting off track but i brought this all up because im trying to make sense of how you can defend the actions of Novak in the midst of a major health crisis

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I wasn't the person who made the claim of 5-10% but I did give you the most current mortality rate, with the data that we have on hand currently. You can make claims as you like about unreported cases, but the only facts we have are that the mortality rate is 5.16%

The players have come out and apologised for their behaviour at this tournament, so why are you defending it?

This is a tennis thread, so we are getting sidetracked. But we are in the midst of a pandemic, with cases rising by over 100,000 per day. Thousands have died from it, we don't know the long lasting effects on people who have had bad cases of it but survived. And you are here saying we need to get on with life? Don't want my diabetic dad getting it or either of my elderly grandmothers getting it. You happy for a close elderly family member contracting covid?
No, but people die, and unfortunately that’s a fact of life.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I have mentioned golf(the PGA) a couple of times. Well, they now have 5 or so players testing positive. This restart especially in the US, is not going to be easy.

Also, the whole "blame Grigor" by team Novak is pathetic. If he didnt want to get tested, then he shouldn't have played. You organised the damn thing, own up to the mistakes instead of trying to cast blame elsewhere.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
I have mentioned golf(the PGA) a couple of times. Well, they now have 5 or so players testing positive. This restart especially in the US, is not going to be easy.

Also, the whole "blame Grigor" by team Novak is pathetic. If he didnt want to get tested, then he shouldn't have played. You organised the damn thing, own up to the mistakes instead of trying to cast blame elsewhere.
Team Djokovic or just.... Srdjan? Lol. I'm sure Novak isn't going to hate his good friend Grigor for this.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't really been following the tournament and why would you want to go to a nightclub afterwards, pure stupidity on all sides. I really don't see the Aus Open going ahead if it is held in Melbourne as there seems to be little outbreaks happening over there. Maybe we can hold the Aus Open in Perth as we are virus free for now.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Team Djokovic or just.... Srdjan? Lol. I'm sure Novak isn't going to hate his good friend Grigor for this.
I will be honest, not sure of the ins and outs of team Joker and his family

But his dad needs to shut it. How does that song go. "you say it best,(you say it best) when you say nothing at all"...... ;)

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I haven't really been following the tournament and why would you want to go to a nightclub afterwards, pure stupidity on all sides. I really don't see the Aus Open going ahead if it is held in Melbourne as there seems to be little outbreaks happening over there. Maybe we can hold the Aus Open in Perth as we are virus free for now.
THIS!!!! . The stupidity of holding these tournaments has made everyone in the ATP and WTA so much more cautious now, we probably wont have the Aus Open next year now, like ive said previously Novak has set us back at least 6 months and i really struggle to see how any tennis goes on for the remainder of 2020 and early 2021

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
I dont know anything about Novak's dad but he should keep quiet. How pathetic, blaming Dimitrov.

I don't think it's pathetic at all. He posed a fair question for once in his life.

Grigor was the most reckless of any player that participated in the tournament.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Spaniards had a tournament too, why is no one up in arms about that one?
Because it only had four players, all locally based, and no crowds.

The closest comparison to the Adria Tour is probably the President’s Cup in Czechia - but again, all their players are local and although they had crowds they were a much lower density than those in Serbia and Croatia.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry but the most stupid player is Trocki for the simple fact he has a pregrant wife. Gosh I thought I was pretty naive on the virus but even I know that this plain silly and very dangerous.

Still would prefer to be in Europe than US.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

Tennis Australia won’t be able to draw on pandemic insurance coverage for January’s Australian Open if the COVID-19 crisis continues to wreak havoc on how sporting bodies run major events.

The governing body took out insurance to protect itself from the enormous financial hit a pandemic would inflict on its marquee event, but the policy is expiring. Such coverage is rare for major sporting events but Wimbledon and the Australian Open took out the preventative measure.
that is just unlucky.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Word is that China will cancel all international sporting events for 2020. That is going to hit tennis hard, but particularly the WTA.

Look, it is great money in China. But I am not sure it is worth the risk to go all gung-ho as the WTA has done now. I fear these events will continue to bite them up the arse.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
how is it even conceivable that the US wants to hold the US open, they are by far the worst performing country for coronavirus, no way they should even be thinking about holding the US open

Back