News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately tennis season is pretty much over this year.

Nadal will probably skip the us open to focus on clay court season

I think we (hopefully) will get a European clay swing at least

I suppose it gives the opportunity to create the bubble with Cincy in New York, the problem is coming straight back for the clay season

I think they need to run it. Whoever plays, plays. Same with the French. COVID-19 is going to be around for a long time. Put things in place to keep the tournament as safe as you can, then play.

Expecting players to isolate in bubbles won't work long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't really been enough tennis for a year end tournament anyway. Would be a hot mess with some of those ball bashers coming in off no preparation.

1Sofia Kenin21.6USA12392
-​
-​
----
2Garbiñe Muguruza26.7ESP11760
-​
-​
----
3Ashleigh Barty24.2AUS11601
-​
-​
----
4Simona Halep28.8ROU11350
-​
-​
----
5Elena Rybakina21.1KAZ11305
-​
-​
----
6Petra Kvitová30.3CZE21300
-​
-​
----
7Aryna Sabalenka22.2BLR11225
-​
-​
----
8Kiki Bertens28.6NED1915
-​
-​
----

Hasn't really been enough tennis for a year end tournament anyway. Would be a hot mess with some of those ball bashers coming in off no preparation.

1Sofia Kenin21.6USA12392
-​
-​
----
2Garbiñe Muguruza26.7ESP11760
-​
-​
----
3Ashleigh Barty24.2AUS11601
-​
-​
----
4Simona Halep28.8ROU11350
-​
-​
----
5Elena Rybakina21.1KAZ11305
-​
-​
----
6Petra Kvitová30.3CZE21300
-​
-​
----
7Aryna Sabalenka22.2BLR11225
-​
-​
----
8Kiki Bertens28.6NED1915
-​
-​
----
i actually don't think it looks too bad overall. short matches. If the ATP did theres now, you would have Cristian Garín(who?) in the finals

but yeah, in terms of sports reasons, there is no need for a 1/2 a year-end of season champs.

Anyone following this Ultimate Tennis Showdown comp currently being played in France?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I really can't see the Aus open going ahead in January.

The Australian open golf tournament is now gone , really struggling to see a way out of this pandemic

I just had a realisation that if the US open does go ahead, in what will be a significantly weakened field, it could present Serena her best chance at claiming another slam title.
Right on cue. .

Ashley Barty is not going to the us. Huge rumours about Halep and Nadal. That is a huge blow to the legitimacy of the slam imo. The world number 1 deciding to not play.

There is a lot of good us women players still but you would think this is her last chance. Age waits for no one.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Right on cue. .

Ashley Barty is not going to the us. Huge rumours about Halep and Nadal. That is a huge blow to the legitimacy of the slam imo. The world number 1 deciding to not play.

There is a lot of good us women players still but you would think this is her last chance. Age waits for no one.

Top 50 players not entered in WTA 'Cincy' (via TennisForum):
Barty, Halep, Svitolina, Andreescu, Osaka, Martic, Kerber, Wang, Pavlyuchenkova, Zheng, Stephens, Goerges, Ostapenko, Hercog.
That's 7 slam champions missing (one expects some of them still play USO though)..

That is a lot of talent not doing a lead up event. 1 has confirmed no US swing. Let's see who else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back