News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

anna-karolina-schmiedlova_01-clanokW.jpg

Another title for Schmieds. Won the 10K Zilina title. destroying all her Slovakian opponents in the Peugeot Tennis Tour. Has one more tournament in Presov at the end of August. Hopefully, she stays in Europe and works hard for the French Open. Could do some damage and win a match there.

Venus & Serena possibly playing their last WTA match against each other in a tennis club in Kentucky (with full view of a major road) is a thing that's happening tomorrow morning

I wonder if Sasha and Naomi will work together again. He probably should of stuck with Kiki. I am interested to know what he is like as a coach. he must be results driven which is a good thing.

I wonder if Sasha and Naomi will work together again. He probably should of stuck with Kiki. I am interested to know what he is like as a coach. he must be results driven which is a good thing.
well, his last 3 break ups in coaching have been "messy". Cutting Kiki was....interesting. She was always going to voice her opinion about it.

Think he has lost a lot of currency with that and now this. In saying that, I wish the next coach of Yastremska well. She is quite queer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Millman has been elected to the tennis council. Perfect role for him.

"Australian John Millman has been elected to the ATP Player Council.

The 31-year-old from Brisbane was announced as a new member today, alongside British former world No.1 Andy Murray, Canada’s Felix Auger-Aliassime and France’s Jeremy Chardy.

They replace world No.1 Novak Djokovic, Canadian Vasek Pospisil and Americans John Isner and Sam Querrey who all resigned in August after the formation of a Professional Tennis Players Association."

Good news but I'm hoping that's the reason why he lost to Mischa Zverev 6-1, 6-4 because there is no way that should be happening.

Good news but I'm hoping that's the reason why he lost to Mischa Zverev 6-1, 6-4 because there is no way that should be happening.

Yes, I didn't see the match but was also surprised by the result. At least he's got some other strings to his bow for life after tennis.. which may come quickly if he keeps losing matches like that :p

This is an interesting read on Sam Querrey. I get why he did it, to protect his family, but perhaps in hindsight, he should have left them in a "safer" country while he played in Russia. ATP tour and government authorities should have clear guidelines to the player regarding a positive test as well.

Nasty, but this hurts the ATP tour in scheduling tournaments with governments assistance, if tennis players keep doing what they want, regardless of any noble reason.

And rumours at Sardinia.

Very interesting. The stats do come from the ATP, so I do question how they calculate the mixed events in the masters like Madrid or Indian Wells for example. But it showcases the power of the slams that those 4 tournaments have over 50% of all revenue.

It also says that Tennis is not maximising its tv revenue compared to other sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back