News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Big news for Roland Garros & Wimbledon tv coverage here with Nine and Stan picking up rights for the next 3 years. The great part of this is Stan will have every court live & on-demand. Been crying out for years for this.

Big news for Roland Garros & Wimbledon tv coverage here with Nine and Stan picking up rights for the next 3 years. The great part of this is Stan will have every court live & on-demand. Been crying out for years for this.
I wonder what will happen with the US Open.

Surely they will try and get all 4.

I worry that we will lose access it all the courts for free for the AO, but having all the courts for the French and Wimbledon, even if you have to pay, is a godsend.

Edit: I also wonder if they will try and get the ATP/WTA tours. They already have the Fed and Davis Cup so they plus the US, are the last events still on Kayo/SBS

Last edited:
I did read one article saying ESPN still had the US Open, the rights were meant to expire this year so thinking ESPN extended their contract.

The WTA will rename its tournament categories from next season to align with the men's ATP.

The women's tour has comprised of five tiers - Premier Mandatory, Premier 5, Premier, International and $125K events, while the ATP has Masters, 1000, 500, and 250 tournaments.

From the 2021 season, the WTA's Premier Mandatory and Premier 5 tournaments will be categorised as WTA 1000, the Premier events will be WTA 500, the International level will be renamed WTA 250 while the $125k events will be known as WTA 125.

The WTA will rename its tournament categories from next season to align with the men's ATP.

The women's tour has comprised of five tiers - Premier Mandatory, Premier 5, Premier, International and $125K events, while the ATP has Masters, 1000, 500, and 250 tournaments.

From the 2021 season, the WTA's Premier Mandatory and Premier 5 tournaments will be categorised as WTA 1000, the Premier events will be WTA 500, the International level will be renamed WTA 250 while the $125k events will be known as WTA 125.
Good move I think. less confusion about events now with men and women. They are getting closer and closer.

Does anybody use any decent third party apps to view tennis scores that they could recommend? I have always used the ATP/WTA tour app but in their infinite wisdom they have decided to separate them and make the process of just checking scores incredibly tedious.

Does anybody use any decent third party apps to view tennis scores that they could recommend? I have always used the ATP/WTA tour app but in their infinite wisdom they have decided to separate them and make the process of just checking scores incredibly tedious.

This is very annoying indeed and I was going to post something about it as well.

ATP and WTA are as bad as Victorian and NSW racing.

I would question the privacy on any decent third party app. Some of the places these are from does worry me a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A small thing but looks like ATP TV rights this year have switched from ESPN to BEIN Sports as the ATP have changed it on their TV Schedule page all to BEIN Sports. I wondered if BEIN showing Delray was just a one off thing but looks like they have rights to them all. I hope that this doesn't lessen the coverage of the WTA side as BEIN's coverage was good enough I've never had to get WTA TV.

A small thing but looks like ATP TV rights this year have switched from ESPN to BEIN Sports as the ATP have changed it on their TV Schedule page all to BEIN Sports. I wondered if BEIN showing Delray was just a one off thing but looks like they have rights to them all. I hope that this doesn't lessen the coverage of the WTA side as BEIN's coverage was good enough I've never had to get WTA TV.
tennis is really bad in sorting out it TV Rights.

And the WTA are the worst. They seem to think the season starts in April or May. Took them that long to sort out TV rights in a previous year for the US. Now they are doing the same for something as simple as a good working tennis scoring app.

tennis is really bad in sorting out it TV Rights.

And the WTA are the worst. They seem to think the season starts in April or May. Took them that long to sort out TV rights in a previous year for the US. Now they are doing the same for something as simple as a good working tennis scoring app.

It's weird that nothing was announced. The last 3 or so contract deals with ESPN were announced with amount of years. Not sure how long this deal is for.

I'm worried that women's tennis going to get shafted because of it because their coverage was excellent before this.

I reckon if they have the ATP tennis they should increase their amount of channels on foxtel as they have some other sports they barely cover due to only having 3 channels. I think it should be 5 fox sports 5 bein and 2 espn channels

Remove this Banner Ad

Back