News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Not happy that the ATP are going to take over BEIN. When the WTA swing is in Asia BEIN does cover more than one channel which is great.

Is Ch9 going to cover the Oz tournaments or just the Open?

The FFT continues to do its own thing, much to the detriment of everyone else. They delayed the start of the tournament by a week, which just makes everything else ugly. In saying that, they actually told all the other parties first and got them to accept it, which was a bit different to the last time they delayed the tournament.

I do feel sorry for the FFT. They had this brand new complex which cost plenty, but no fans to pay it off.

And Nicky K has withdrawn from the French Already.

I don't think the FFT can do anything else, they have got to try and have fans as much as possible, pushing back one week will help. I don't get the hate on them when really when it comes down to it, the slams are the money makers in our sport, a couple of 250 events aren't, the FFT can do what they want. The issue last time was that they didn't have consult anyone at all, which isn't great but then again they have to look for their own interests as well.

Again, I won't be sure the French Open starts till it actually begins.

I don't think the FFT can do anything else, they have got to try and have fans as much as possible, pushing back one week will help. I don't get the hate on them when really when it comes down to it, the slams are the money makers in our sport, a couple of 250 events aren't, the FFT can do what they want. The issue last time was that they didn't have consult anyone at all, which isn't great but then again they have to look for their own interests as well.

Again, I won't be sure the French Open starts till it actually begins.
yeah, good point regarding money. I just find the whole thing messy. This whole pandemic has showcased the weakness of tennis governance and all its completing bodies.

For example:

Not saying I agree with Stevie J(I really don't like the PTPA. Basically, all they do is sook and offer no solutions. And complaining about prize money at a time like this.....) If Tennis had one body, these things would be done so much easier.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how they re-program Indian Wells which is offering full prizemoney - Apparently it will be sometime in October which conflicts with the ATP's European indoor swing and the WTA's Asian Swing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens to his tennis career?? Is he scheduled to play at all this year?
seems more like a streamer than a tennis player nowadays.

I know he is not going to the French but he seems to be targeting a return for the grass and the US summer series straight afterwards. (he even said as much)

I don't really care about Krygios and if he never plays again as he is not interested. I get it he doesn't want to travel due to Co-vid restrictions but neither do most players but they want to play. Unfortunately Krygios will pull out the odd great win but due to his lack of matches I can't see him doing much damage.

One player who seems to be struggling atm is Rublev I think he might be burning out at the wrong time with the French Open only a few weeks away.

I don't really care about Krygios and if he never plays again as he is not interested.
It's the position I've come to as well. Had great hopes for him and was hoping he'd be a top 5 player, making the pointy ends of a couple of slams. I simply don't care about him either. The tennis world moves on quickly.

Nadal won't lose in Paris. Nobody can beat him over 5 sets there at the moment. Djoko or tsitsipas can win a set off him there, that's about it.

Nick is in a privilege position in alot of ways but in particular that he doesn't have to worry too much about his ranking. You listen to interviews with tournament directors and they all want him so he could easily play a run of tournaments off the back of wildcards if required. That's where he is different to a Millman.

I don't have a real problem with him missing these tournaments, what kind of condition he is in come the grass court season will be interesting.

Wimbledon have announced they are stopping the Middle Sunday from 2022. I might be one of the few that doesn't like this move but that's mainly because that Sunday night is used for sleep catchup....

Wimbledon have announced they are stopping the Middle Sunday from 2022. I might be one of the few that doesn't like this move but that's mainly because that Sunday night is used for sleep catchup....

Lol, It has felt like they needed this to reduce some of the over crowding of good matches. They always seem limited because they can't have four to five games on the main courts like some of the other Grand Slams.

I still think we could have an extra Sunday and have round one over three days. Maybe just the main show courts.

I know it's only May, but I do have concerns with the Australian summer of tennis in 2022. If the same strict quarantine conditions are in place for the players (which seems to be the case with this current Federal government), I can't see players doing it en masse for a 2nd straight year.

I know it's only May, but I do have concerns with the Australian summer of tennis in 2022. If the same strict quarantine conditions are in place for the players (which seems to be the case with this current Federal government), I can't see players doing it en masse for a 2nd straight year.
the F1 in November will be interesting. That will give us an indication of what's going to happen.

I share the same fear. And Tennis Aus doesn't have the money or political capital to do mass hotel Q again.

Ha Ha Ha - I posted the same last week - Even though Grand Slam's offer big pay days the players have fairly much a full calendar in 2021, albeit with prizemoney at around 60% of normal levels, though this will come back closer to 100% in the second half of the year - Players will not quarantine for a second year - The Formula 1 is supposed to happen in November and allegedly travelling protocols have been sorted BUT this was done on the basis of OZ being fully vaccinated by October which is not happening.

anyone follwing Yastremska drug case. Interesting turn of events last night.

Come on Yas. If Errani got off for a contaminated benchtop from her mother's cancer medication(or something along those lines), then this will work as long as you are fully committed.

Who is advising this girl....

I am guessing father. *sigh* Tennis dads....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back