General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Karnezis is being criminally undervalued on here. I would be very surprised if the Lions got rid of him. They would back themselves in to turn it around and keep him for the extra year in hopes of re-signing him.

A pretty special offer would have to come along for the trade to happen, and I cannot see it involving Post.

I'd prefer Post and our third rounder for Brisbane's second rounder.
Karnezis can stay with the Lions/ NEAFL
So would i , I think next year is make or break for Karnezis & I wouldnt be too confident of him making it atm. Rather take my chances in the Draft or keep Post for another year .......... Watched Port game last night and really watched out for post and just about every involvment he had i replayed it. This kid is getting killed on BF

If he did leave though, it'd be homesickness. Not to do with lack of opportunity at all. In saying that, I reckon if he spent a lot of time in the seniors next year, that could convince him to stay.

Essentially, he's been in the twos to develop from a skilled but slightly awkard-moving and small engined medium forward to a long running skilled midfielder/forward. Hold very high hopes for him. Change of Patty K's in my avatar is merely precautionary.
Sounds like a Gunston type at a similar stage in his career that he was before traded. In which case I'd be imploring Brisbane to hold onto him at all costs, tall flankers with good skills are worth their weight in gold.

Sounds like a Gunston type at a similar stage in his career that he was before traded. In which case I'd be imploring Brisbane to hold onto him at all costs, tall flankers with good skills are worth their weight in gold.

Yeah I think he's got a massive future. Would love nothing more than to hold onto him. Should be trying to get his parents jobs up here to fix the homesickness :p

Hawks fans, what would Xavier Ellis cost?

Yeah I think he's got a massive future. Would love nothing more than to hold onto him. Should be trying to get his parents jobs up here to fix the homesickness :p

Hawks fans, what would Xavier Ellis cost?
I heard Ellis to the Lions about a month ago. Not sure if your post is coinidence or not. IMO I reckon you could get him for around Pick 30. Potential but keeps getting injured. Plus with a suposed "superdraft" we will be keen to get some quality from the draft imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karnezis is being criminally undervalued on here. I would be very surprised if the Lions got rid of him. They would back themselves in to turn it around and keep him for the extra year in hopes of re-signing him.

A pretty special offer would have to come along for the trade to happen, and I cannot see it involving Post.
Agree, Karnezis has shown he can be a very good footballer. Post has not.

I heard Ellis to the Lions about a month ago. Not sure if your post is coinidence or not. IMO I reckon you could get him for around Pick 30. Potential but keeps getting injured. Plus with a suposed "superdraft" we will be keen to get some quality from the draft imo

Yeah it's been going around for a while. I'd happily pay pick 30 for him personally. Would you say he's particularly injury prone because of his frame or weaknesses in his body, or just unlucky?

You wouldn't get anything in the top 40 for Ellis. He doesn't have the body for AFL footy. He hasn't been able to bulk up and I've never seen someone get injured mid-game more regularly than him.

Yeah it's been going around for a while. I'd happily pay pick 30 for him personally. Would you say he's particularly injury prone because of his frame or weaknesses in his body, or just unlucky?
Bit of both. He has bad hips so he can't lift heavy weights and go to the gym which creates another problem. He is so skinny. From what I have seen though he has a football brain. Reminds me a bit of Luke Power. if you want a look at him at his best have a look at the 08 GF. Pretty sure he came 4th in Norm Smith voting after Hodge, Ablett and Dew. Will be 24/25 at the start of next season. Could be looking for more opportunities as well because he is only borderline best 22.

I think with all the Rumours this thread deserves a bumping.

What's David Mackay's value like? We really need a genuine small forward. Any offers?
He signed for 2 more last year but I would swap Leroy Jetta for him?

*Talk in the 2013 Hypotheticals thread, didn't see it when I bumped this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back