Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Geez I reckon the Tigers players and supporters should probably wait a bit longer than half time to chirp off, how embarrassing.

Geez I reckon the Tigers players and supporters should probably wait a bit longer than half time to chirp off, how embarrassing.

What happened HH. Did they get a little bit ahead of themselves.
Still not a bad effort to push a top 5 side so close

What happened HH. Did they get a little bit ahead of themselves.
Still not a bad effort to push a top 5 side so close

Just giving lip when walking off at half time, thought they'd done enough I suppose, and the supporters talking absolute trash, some bloke standing in the pocket just near the gate to come in was absolutely embarrassing.

Just giving lip when walking off at half time, thought they'd done enough I suppose, and the supporters talking absolute trash, some bloke standing in the pocket just near the gate to come in was absolutely embarrassing.

Had to work and didnt go to the match. Doesnt surprise me as there is a few idiotic supporters, but i suppose all clubs have them.

Yes I'm afraid so. No more than around the boundary at the tip.

Please, the Hobart City nuff bags who stand behind the goals and blame the umpire every time they lose takes the cake, absolutely laughable, especially last year at KGV when they lost by 120 points, it was all the umpires lol.

Please, the Hobart City nuff bags who stand behind the goals and blame the umpire every time they lose takes the cake, absolutely laughable, especially last year at KGV when they lost by 120 points, it was all the umpires lol.

I think its clear that all clubs have 'characters' who make a noise & voice their frustrations or excitement over the boundary line.

Making a post about a few 'cherpers' at Kingston who have had a pretty tough year, is a bit thin skinned. Id be pleased they are still at the footy!!

Maybe you should remember the one about 'People who live in glass houses', etc ;)

I think its clear that all clubs have 'characters' who make a noise & voice their frustrations or excitement over the boundary line.

Making a post about a few 'cherpers' at Kingston who have had a pretty tough year, is a bit thin skinned. Id be pleased they are still at the footy!!

Maybe you should remember the one about 'People who live in glass houses', etc ;)

Thin skinned? I actually thought it was quite humorous, it wasn't just the crowd either, the players were the biggest embarrassment, would have thought when you've hardly won a game for 3 years you might hold back a little bit when its only half time, not the first time that mob has got ahead of themselves either, it really was embarrassing.

What the hell is with this part? "
Marshall said the question of how the club would attract players was not part of their business case and would be something they would need to address down the track if their licence application was successful."

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You would think that would be a core & pertinent component wouldn't you.

I think Burnie can still win this thing. Looking at their list I reckon they can give this a shake. North to me seem like they are falling a little. If it wasn't for wombat they would hardly play finals with that list. He does an awsome job. It's Glenorchys to lost atm. But after last year they would be nervous come the gf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article in todays Mercury

Kingborough president suggests scrapping the salary cap. Makes some very good points. I don't agree with scrapping the salary cap but his points about how it isn't being policed make sense.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...p/news-story/0130c81a156d577cc24edb300390ed70

He does make valid points regarding policing.
I like the premise of what he is saying with clubs not doing anything dodgy with contracts or going silly with money but history is littered with examples where this has occurred and suspect would happen again at some point.

If the TSL salary cap is 80k max is there a minimum that each club has to pay. With all the youngsters at Kingborough they wouldn't be paying the full amount. Tim Peterson and Marcus Davies would be the highest paid players.

Maybe they should try and identify the players at other clubs that live in the area, might have to pay a bit more to get them back, but for Kingborough and the competition sake they need to be competitive every week

HFC-v-LFC-INVITATION-2016.jpg

I think the salary cap is a joke. Even AFLTas have allowed one club to break it, then still recruit after that!

The only answer is to let the clubs pay what they want, but implement a player points cap.

A PPC means players get a points value. Clubs can only field players to an agreed total. So for instance a first year local player would be one point. If he went to another club he may be graded to 2 points. After 20 games he becomes 2 points. After 50 he goes to 3, After 150 he goes back to 1 as a reward for longevity in 1 club. A 50+ game local player may be rated at 3 points, but if he goes to another club, he may be graded to say 8 points. A player recruited from the VFL may immediately be a 10 point player. Each year he stays may reduce that by a point, down to a minimum of 5. A playing coach may be 5 points.

With all these I'm guessing a bit. Please make up a points system yourself if you like. But the theory is that you cant hide a players point value. So pay what you like. You cant stock up on recruits because you will run out of points.

So the idea is that a club can only have a certain points total, lets say a club gets 100 for its 60 list,A senior team with an ex AFL playing coach 5, two mainland senior recruits, one first year worth 10, one 3rd year worth 8, 1 50 game+ local recruit in his first year 8, 8 local 50 game + players at 3, 2 150 game life member players at 1, 5x 20 game+players at 2, 3 guys under 20 games at 1 point each. That would total 70points.
That leaves 30 points for a development team. It may have 12guys with under 20 games, 8 guys over 20 games, 2players over 150 games. That is 30. You could allow an unlimited number of 1 point players which wont put you over the 100 point total.

Its just an exercise. Im sure its been looked at, I believe the AFL have looked to start such a system in some Victorian football leagues.

Something has to change, the point system does have some merit. Maybe this is this the way to go. Have AFL TAS grade every player in the TSL league both current and new players to the competition, form a database so every supporter from all clubs can view each clubs players and value. This way there is total transparency.

I think the salary cap is a joke. Even AFLTas have allowed one club to break it, then still recruit after that!

The only answer is to let the clubs pay what they want, but implement a player points cap.

A PPC means players get a points value. Clubs can only field players to an agreed total. So for instance a first year local player would be one point. If he went to another club he may be graded to 2 points. After 20 games he becomes 2 points. After 50 he goes to 3, After 150 he goes back to 1 as a reward for longevity in 1 club. A 50+ game local player may be rated at 3 points, but if he goes to another club, he may be graded to say 8 points. A player recruited from the VFL may immediately be a 10 point player. Each year he stays may reduce that by a point, down to a minimum of 5. A playing coach may be 5 points.

With all these I'm guessing a bit. Please make up a points system yourself if you like. But the theory is that you cant hide a players point value. So pay what you like. You cant stock up on recruits because you will run out of points.

So the idea is that a club can only have a certain points total, lets say a club gets 100 for its 60 list,A senior team with an ex AFL playing coach 5, two mainland senior recruits, one first year worth 10, one 3rd year worth 8, 1 50 game+ local recruit in his first year 8, 8 local 50 game + players at 3, 2 150 game life member players at 1, 5x 20 game+players at 2, 3 guys under 20 games at 1 point each. That would total 70points.
That leaves 30 points for a development team. It may have 12guys with under 20 games, 8 guys over 20 games, 2players over 150 games. That is 30. You could allow an unlimited number of 1 point players which wont put you over the 100 point total.

Its just an exercise. Im sure its been looked at, I believe the AFL have looked to start such a system in some Victorian football leagues.
Points system is the way to go. My understanding of it is that there is a pre-determined number of points for each team in a club not a total for the whole club. So if the senior team points exceed that cap they would have to replace higher points rated players with lesser rated players or go in to a game with less than 22 players. The cheats days would be over and every club on a level playing field, how could anyone say that is not a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back