Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
3 games only.
North Launy should have a training run by 50 over Launy
Burnie may have a battle to beat Devonport by 10
Glenorchy might not get it all their own way either to beat Clarence by 20
Having byes at this time of the season shows the problem with a 9 team competition.

3 games only.
North Launy should have a training run by 50 over Launy
Burnie may have a battle to beat Devonport by 10
Glenorchy might not get it all their own way either to beat Clarence by 20
Having byes at this time of the season shows the problem with a 9 team competition.

You are correct with comment on the 9 team comp impact. Sadly it's what all bar 1 club voted for.

Examples such as this vote are what drive my queries towards whether some clubs could handle the economic & operational realities of increased funding.

With the licenses locked in for the current clubs for another 7 years and Prospect not fielding a team, I would like to know how you lot think you can fix the 9 team comp? bring in another club?

My call would be to revamp the whole thing to 8 Teams. But that was always my preferred structure from the start.
Failing that, l'd go back & talk to South Launy again. They were badly dudded by the old AFLTas guard. Maybe they might respect the new management enough.
But we'll probably have to put up with the current mess.
I dont think even the new guard would have the imagination to sort it out properly.

You are correct with comment on the 9 team comp impact. Sadly it's what all bar 1 club voted for.

Examples such as this vote are what drive my queries towards whether some clubs could handle the economic & operational realities of increased funding.[/QUOTE

Quite right. Thats why part of the effort should be on each club having a professional manager & similar accounting & reporting methods. Then you might be more certain they would operate professionally.

With the licenses locked in for the current clubs for another 7 years and Prospect not fielding a team, I would like to know how you lot think you can fix the 9 team comp? bring in another club?
My point is majority accepted the 9 team comp to allow Prospect up to 2 years to get a senior side together. This was was never going to happen and they should never have allowed that, especially without any formal plan and at that stage, unpaid players from WST. Prospect could not fulfil their obligations and licence should have been removed/voided. That could have allowed any number of options to be explored.

Clarence sacked the coach after a 108 point drubbing by Glenorchy, what will they do now after 119 point drubbing by the pies 8 weeks later? and they reckon they have turned the corner and on the right path.

Clarence sacked the coach after a 108 point drubbing by Glenorchy, what will they do now after 119 point drubbing by the pies 8 weeks later? and they reckon they have turned the corner and on the right path.

What a belting. Bowden beat Clarence on his own.
I suppose ex coach Bartlett would see the funny side of todays result, maybe
I'd hate to be paying their salary today. Callinan & Siggins are on a squillion. What a waste.

119 pts on your own deck. That must some sort of record
I did a bit of digging on this one, it was their second worst defeat in senior football at Bellerive Oval since they became a TFL club in 1947.
Their worst was an 8.4 (52) to 26.22 (178) loss by 126 points to New Norfolk on 11th July 1964.
Their record biggest defeat of all time came, once again, at the hands of New Norfolk at Boyer back in 1983 by a staggering 173 points, 11.12 (78) to 39.17 (251) when Wayne Fox kicked 14 goals, New Norfolk kicked 16 goals in the final quarter that day.
Ironically, Clarence led by over five goals in the first quarter of that match and went on to play finals that season!

Well, did anyone see the matches from clarence v glenorchy. multiple incidents in both games, one clarence player hospitalised from development leauge.

The first games back after my break from life, and yes I saw both development and senior games. I was near the boundary not far from the interbox and one kid got belted pretty heavily in the throat/jaw area and came off straight away not to be seen again. I was told that he was taken to hospital. looked nasty. there was a couple of blues and punching around the ground from mainly Glenorchy who seemed to loose it. one boy was decked at the beach end after a punch from a Glenorchy player to the face. the seniors wasn't much better with callinan looked like broken nose, cox punched off play to chest or neck not sure. just to name a couple. bit of spite and bad feelings there in the future I recon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first games back after my break from life, and yes I saw both development and senior games. I was near the boundary not far from the interbox and one kid got belted pretty heavily in the throat/jaw area and came off straight away not to be seen again. I was told that he was taken to hospital. looked nasty. there was a couple of blues and punching around the ground from mainly Glenorchy who seemed to loose it. one boy was decked at the beach end after a punch from a Glenorchy player to the face. the seniors wasn't much better with callinan looked like broken nose, cox punched off play to chest or neck not sure. just to name a couple. bit of spite and bad feelings there in the future I recon
Need convincing the D League has a future when considering the diverse age range of players. Not sure it serves a valid purpose anymore.

Surely there woudnt be any clubs fighting that aren't Lauderdale? They invented argey bargey on the field didn't they madmug ?

Well its pretty easy. He's a one trick pony at best.
yes ,Winter is a good spruiker for his club. However he has had plenty of help from the Mercury newspaper .
A close mate works their, and its common knowledge that sports reporters ,Adam Smith and James Bresnehan , are Clarence supporters
(always clarence footy and cricket articles and photos, on hard copy and web pages)
Obviously , Bresenhans friendship with Winter goes back a long way, resulting with Lauderdale footy club reaping the benefits
( no other reason Lauderdale fc gets so much press ??)

yes ,Winter is a good spruiker for his club. However he has had plenty of help from the Mercury newspaper .
A close mate works their, and its common knowledge that sports reporters ,Adam Smith and James Bresnehan , are Clarence supporters
(always clarence footy and cricket articles and photos, on hard copy and web pages)
Obviously , Bresenhans friendship with Winter goes back a long way, resulting with Lauderdale footy club reaping the benefits
( no other reason Lauderdale fc gets so much press ??)

So Smithy is a Clarence supporter and that's why Lauderdale get a lot of press?

So Smithy is a Clarence supporter and that's why Lauderdale get a lot of press?
No ,read again i said Bresenehan writes all the articles om Lauderdale fc
i was trying to give you the background about Clarence fc
rest assured if Winter was coach at North Hobart fc (HC) they would get the free press you guys are getting.
enjoy it

No ,read again i said Bresenehan writes all the articles om Lauderdale fc
i was trying to give you the background about Clarence fc
rest assured if Winter was coach at North Hobart fc (HC) they would get the free press you guys are getting.
enjoy it

So what about when Brent Costelloe and Chris Rowbottom turn up from the news stations or when Simeon Thomas-Wilson writes articles? The reason Lauderdale get press is because Windy knows what to say to draw attention, doesn't trot out the same old boring clichés.

So what about when Brent Costelloe and Chris Rowbottom turn up from the news stations or when Simeon Thomas-Wilson writes articles? The reason Lauderdale get press is because Windy knows what to say to draw attention, doesn't trot out the same old boring clichés.
D/H
you contradicted yourself,
A i said ,Its all about winter (which you just confirmed ), The journos would turn up at N Hobart Oval if he was coaching their
PS r u thick or just a few shillings short ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back