Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with you about Glenorchy not getting a home ground final, I couldn't understand that decision, they deserved it more than anybody else by finishing on top but I think the term home final has been confused a bit. Glenorchy and Lauderdale didn't get a home ground final but they certainly got a home region final. We don't have that option, if its not in Burnie the next ground is Devonport then Aurora. I also agree with you about the standard of facilities we should aspire to up here. As I said we cant justify trying to replicate the facilities like Blundstone or Aurora as that would be ridiculous but a high standard regional facility shouldn't be too much to ask for. The Penguin twin ovals project is a goer and already has $10 million in funding from federal and state governments as well as the Council and I believe will be commenced soon. Its a good starting point and when you look back both Aurora and Blundstone were developed over a period of time, it wasn't all done at once. I love the TSL footy and really want it to grow and prosper. AFL Tas may not be able to provide funding for the Penguin project but they could certainly help lobby on its behalf.

Yes I hope they would lobby for something on the coast at least. I thought it strange that AFL Tas (Wade) put $500k into the Twin Ovals. Paying to use council facilities & TSL club operations are one thing, but putting that sort of money into a community asset was crazy.

A decent regional facility would be great. However would it not have been better to simply upgrade the Devonport Oval. Its a current ground, its the right size, it needs some work on it. Is that too simple?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree with you about Glenorchy not getting a home ground final, I couldn't understand that decision, they deserved it more than anybody else by finishing on top but I think the term home final has been confused a bit. Glenorchy and Lauderdale didn't get a home ground final but they certainly got a home region final. We don't have that option, if its not in Burnie the next ground is Devonport then Aurora. I also agree with you about the standard of facilities we should aspire to up here. As I said we cant justify trying to replicate the facilities like Blundstone or Aurora as that would be ridiculous but a high standard regional facility shouldn't be too much to ask for. The Penguin twin ovals project is a goer and already has $10 million in funding from federal and state governments as well as the Council and I believe will be commenced soon. Its a good starting point and when you look back both Aurora and Blundstone were developed over a period of time, it wasn't all done at once. I love the TSL footy and really want it to grow and prosper. AFL Tas may not be able to provide funding for the Penguin project but they could certainly help lobby on its behalf.

You are forgetting that you actually DID have a home ground final, you lost, therefore why should you have another one especially when no other club has had one at all?

I saw pictures of the ground taken this morning and there were bare patches all over it, with the forecast rain its odds on to turn to mud, why when we have AFL quality venues to use should the finals teams be subjected to cow paddocks?

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes I hope they would lobby for something on the coast at least. I thought it strange that AFL Tas (Wade) put $500k into the Twin Ovals. Paying to use council facilities & TSL club operations are one thing, but putting that sort of money into a community asset was crazy.

A decent regional facility would be great. However would it not have been better to simply upgrade the Devonport Oval. Its a current ground, its the right size, it needs some work on it. Is that too simple?
The big problem is cycling is very strong along the coast so I would say there is no chance of getting the bike track ripped up which really puts it out of consideration. The Penguin ground is a bit more central to the region also.

Chattswood

Senior List
Feb 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the TSL is to be the elite competition that plays on the best grounds to showcase talent under a semi professional & subsidised umbrella, then the correct decision has been made.

If the TSL is to be part of a local community via their clubs that encourages true engagement & self sufficiency, then an incorrect decision has been made.

For mine, it doesn't cut both ways as it's one or the other

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong
It wo
You are forgetting that you actually DID have a home ground final, you lost, therefore why should you have another one especially when no other club has had one at all?

I saw pictures of the ground taken this morning and there were bare patches all over it, with the forecast rain its odds on to turn to mud, why when we have AFL quality venues to use should the finals teams be subjected to cow paddocks?
it wont matter anyhow. The result will be the same no matter what ground it's played on.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
It wo

it wont matter anyhow. The result will be the same no matter what ground it's played on.

That's it, if you are good enough you win anywhere, and if you want to win the Premiership you need to win on Blundstone and Aurora anyway.

sherrin50

Debutant
Aug 6, 2014
primrose sands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
HTH, you are correct good enough is it, if you are you will....

I still cant get my head around the fact that other clubs support and field 18s, dev and seniors but certain clubs don't bother. They moan about not getting finals at home, for me they don't deserve it any way as they don't even abide to their licence conditions. Why should they get the same amount of money as the other clubs that abide by their licencing conditions with the added costs involved in running the 18s and dev squads. The new blokes in town should make them choose "less money" or field teams as per the others in the comp to even be eligible to get the spoils. This might sound a bit tough but i think that it is only fair. As much as i dislike clarence who buy players to win the couple of northern teams really are no different, top money to be used to pay their senior sides only what a joke. If i am wrong with what i believe to be going on, please advise as i am a silly old fool who looks at thing simplistically.

glenorchy a bit stiff 2 years in a row but things will likely change in the future.

Chattswood

Senior List
Feb 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
HTH, you are correct good enough is it, if you are you will....

I still cant get my head around the fact that other clubs support and field 18s, dev and seniors but certain clubs don't bother. They moan about not getting finals at home, for me they don't deserve it any way as they don't even abide to their licence conditions. Why should they get the same amount of money as the other clubs that abide by their licencing conditions with the added costs involved in running the 18s and dev squads. The new blokes in town should make them choose "less money" or field teams as per the others in the comp to even be eligible to get the spoils. This might sound a bit tough but i think that it is only fair. As much as i dislike clarence who buy players to win the couple of northern teams really are no different, top money to be used to pay their senior sides only what a joke. If i am wrong with what i believe to be going on, please advise as i am a silly old fool who looks at thing simplistically.

glenorchy a bit stiff 2 years in a row but things will likely change in the future.
I think your a bit harsh on the two Northern sides suggesting they buy players and are same as Clarence. They field u18 teams in STJFL, which is a significant impost both financially and resource wise. Look at both D League teams and its clear they are both are significant investors in youth development as opposed to others who either do not engage in youth development or compromise via the D League to house over 25yos.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
The big problem is cycling is very strong along the coast so I would say there is no chance of getting the bike track ripped up which really puts it out of consideration. The Penguin ground is a bit more central to the region also.

Would Burnie & Devonport want to play on it?
They won't play roster matches on it. Nor TSL grand finals. So why would they play the odd semifinal on it? I agree with HTH that they would benefit by playing az much as possible on boot & spark parks

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Would Burnie & Devonport want to play on it?
They won't play roster matches on it. Nor TSL grand finals. So why would they play the odd semifinal on it? I agree with HTH that they would benefit by playing az much as possible on boot & spark parks

I heard Aron Cornelius on ABC radio Mon Morning,
He had been to watch the game at Burnie,not impressed with the ground
its the ground , not the town . As us all past champions Know finals footy is tougher and harder
.He suggested he had a duty of care to his players. The bike track and the uneven playing surface
made him very uneasy .

all ok

Debutant
Jun 5, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Glenorchy v NL game the other week was a cracker watching live stream with the radio commentary. Not live streaming their rematch major semi ?

BIFF62

Debutant
Jun 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
I have come across what appears to be a Tasmanian State Jumper I was hoping could tell me about it. It has the Tasmania Football Council Logo as show below with the Year 2009 under the AFL Tasmania Logo. The number on the back is white but I think the usual State Jumpers have a yellow number? Cougar sports wear is also printed on the back underneath the number. I've googled myself to death trying to find something. I am thinking if its real it maybe a combined league jumper worn in an amatuer competition? I'm pretty sure its not the state league jumper from that year? Cheers

upload_2016-9-2_15-9-21.jpeg

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I have come across what appears to be a Tasmanian State Jumper I was hoping could tell me about it. It has the Tasmania Football Council Logo as show below with the Year 2009 under the AFL Tasmania Logo. The number on the back is white but I think the usual State Jumpers have a yellow number? Cougar sports wear is also printed on the back underneath the number. I've googled myself to death trying to find something. I am thinking if its real it maybe a combined league jumper worn in an amatuer competition? I'm pretty sure its not the state league jumper from that year? Cheers

View attachment 284293

I reckon probably the tas u/23 amateur team.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Not looking good for both Southern teams actually i will call Burnie over the line 43 points up, 40 Years following Glenorchy once September comes so does the Choke

EDIT:
Woops a daisy called both a bit too early Lauderdale if they could kick straight would be in front, all over Burnie in the third quarter after conceding the first two goals of the third quarter.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just finished at Bellerive.
We went over & saw a topsy turvy game. North got a run on in the 2nd term & l thought it was over. Back came Glenorchy. The last qtr was amazing battle. North won because they kicked a bit better. It so easily could have been the other way. I recon Jaye Bowden took mark of the year out on the wing.
I would say the umpiring was very inconsistent. I gave up trying to make sense of many of their decisions. Nothing changes l guess.
Lauderdale ended up 4th as usual.

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just finished at Bellerive.
We went over & saw a topsy turvy game. North got a run on in the 2nd term & l thought it was over. Back came Glenorchy. The last qtr was amazing battle. North won because they kicked a bit better. It so easily could have been the other way. I recon Jaye Bowden took mark of the year out on the wing.
I would say the umpiring was very inconsistent. I gave up trying to make sense of many of their decisions. Nothing changes l guess.
Lauderdale ended up 4th as usual.
We cant write Glenorchy off yet but they would have to be bitterly disappointed with today's result. Im sure they were expecting to win today and host the GF again and the loss puts a real dent in their premiership hopes. Burnie will get a few good players back and go in the prefinal next week with no high expectations so you never know but they will be long odds to win. The upshot is that it will take a colossal effort by one of the 2 sides left to stop North winning 3 in a row.

Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong

View attachment 284293
It's an under 23 jumper. I played in that game that year 09. It was a team made up from ntfl. Ntfa and sfl players. We played adalaide and lost. Tsl players wernt eligible, it was an amateur team. i just took a picture of it next to my actual state jumper but can't post it. Different number colours and where the tfc logo is on the u/23 one there is the number on the state one.

Last edited:
Back