Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Oh Dear, the North getting something not south of the Blackman!! Let's start two down there immediately!! '
Not quite sure what you mean but it looks like Cornelius will be the Southern Academy/Glenorchy coach and whoever coaches North Launy will also be the Northern Academy coach. Not sure if anything will be happening on the coast but I thought there was talk of the Academy being based at Ulverstone. Whether Proctor from Burnie of Thorp from Devonport would be involved with that is anybody's guess.

Not quite sure what you mean but it looks like Cornelius will be the Southern Academy/Glenorchy coach and whoever coaches North Launy will also be the Northern Academy coach. Not sure if anything will be happening on the coast but I thought there was talk of the Academy being based at Ulverstone. Whether Proctor from Burnie of Thorp from Devonport would be involved with that is anybody's guess.

I dont see a problem. Clubs will still have salary cap issues & its not straight forward trying to poach players from out of area. I think AFL Tas would keep an eye on that sort of thing. I know it never use to stop one particular club, but Wade isn't able to look after them any more.

I dont see a problem. Clubs will still have salary cap issues & its not straight forward trying to poach players from out of area. I think AFL Tas would keep an eye on that sort of thing. I know it never use to stop one particular club, but Wade isn't able to look after them any more.
Thankfully the good old days for the club you are alluding to seem to be over. As you said if AFL Tas monitor all this properly that will be the key to its success and if that happens it can only be a good thing for footy in the state but I wouldn't have been as confident of that happening with the old regime in charge.

My soccer mate tells me they have a problem with a private academy run by the coach of the most successful club here. He says they get kids into his soccer school & somehow the best of them end up at this particular club.
If that sort of thing happens it will be a problem. Hopefully it won't & it'll all be good for the kids, the clubs & footy in general.

Article in today's Mercury about Lauderdale starting some sort of player swap with VFL team Werribee. The way I read it is, Werribee players that aren't required will play for Lauderdale instead of playing in there local teams in Victoria.
Is this serious?? this is what killed off the devils a few years ago. I thought the TSL was about having a pathway to the AFL for Tasmanian players. Why should we help Victorian players over our own?? Pity the poor kid who is a fringe senior player that gets dropped back to the 2's over a player from Werribee. Very piss poor by Lauderdale and AFL TAS.

But credit were its due, good to see a player come back to the TSL after being delisted. Good luck to Josh McGuiness and well done Lauderdale ( in this case )

Heard that Clarence are facing a fine for talking to contracted players at Kingborough. The tigers have enough problems without clubs poaching there better players. Time Clarence invested in there own youth and not chase players from other clubs, like they have done the last 20 years.

Article in today's Mercury about Lauderdale starting some sort of player swap with VFL team Werribee. The way I read it is, Werribee players that aren't required will play for Lauderdale instead of playing in there local teams in Victoria.
Is this serious?? this is what killed off the devils a few years ago. I thought the TSL was about having a pathway to the AFL for Tasmanian players. Why should we help Victorian players over our own?? Pity the poor kid who is a fringe senior player that gets dropped back to the 2's over a player from Werribee. Very piss poor by Lauderdale and AFL TAS.

But credit were its due, good to see a player come back to the TSL after being delisted. Good luck to Josh McGuiness and well done Lauderdale ( in this case )

I thought Lauderdale were all about developing their own kids & giving them opportunity. So now they are just part of Werribee's development program.
I said watch out for VFL & NEAFL clubs.

Did you miss the part where Lauderdale players would also be playing for Werribee which would enhance those players chances of getting drafted?

Last edited:
Seriously think they going play seniors at Werribee, will be reserves only. Look at Dobosz and Fox both played reserves at Sandy. Anyway its more the players coming here, why should any Tasmanian club develop Victorian players? When there is already olayers here who need games

Seriously think they going play seniors at Werribee, will be reserves only. Look at Dobosz and Fox both played reserves at Sandy. Anyway its more the players coming here, why should any Tasmanian club develop Victorian players? When there is already olayers here who need games

Well Matt Hanson won there B&F so if your good enough then yeah you will play games.

Think about it, Werribee are aligned with North Melbourne, North are establishing the academy in Hobart, what better opportunity for them to have a look at these players than give them a crack at VFL level.

As far as Lauderdale goes well there needs to be some sort of trade off with Werribee and woudn't it only enhance the quality of the state league to have better players playing in it?

Between the Hawthorn, North Melbourne, now VFL clubs are just using us as a cabbage patch as usual.
Meanwhile AFLTas do exactly what for Tasmanian football?

Well you are always banging on about other state leagues taking our players, here we have a system that will allow those players to try there hand at VFL level without having to leave the state, its also shrew from Lauderdale who could now be an attractive place for a youngster to go and play if he harbours future ambitions of playing at a higher level.

Once again though, anything that happens with football in this state is met with same negative mumbo jumbo from the same old whingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you are always banging on about other state leagues taking our players, here we have a system that will allow those players to try there hand at VFL level without having to leave the state, its also shrew from Lauderdale who could now be an attractive place for a youngster to go and play if he harbours future ambitions of playing at a higher level.

Once again though, anything that happens with football in this state is met with same negative mumbo jumbo from the same old whingers.

How can you try your hand at VFL football without leaving the state?
What then is the point of having a TSL?
So making Lauderdale attractive for young players is really about trying to recruit from other clubs then? So is Lauderdale trying to become the new Clarence?

So making Lauderdale attractive for young players is really about trying to recruit from other clubs then? So is Lauderdale trying to become the new Clarence?

Its not about recruiting from other clubs, but maybe if a younger player is torn about where he wants to play then it could be a factor in his decision.

My god are you thick? The whole idea is about players getting a chance at VFL whilst not having to move interstate to do so, not sure why you even needed to ask that question?

Its not about recruiting from other clubs, but maybe if a younger player is torn about where he wants to play then it could be a factor in his decision.

My god are you thick? The whole idea is about players getting a chance at VFL whilst not having to move interstate to do so, not sure why you even needed to ask that question?

So its not about recruiting from other clubs, but making Lauderdale attractive to players so they might go their. Ok that makes sense, not!

I may be thick but even I know you cant pay VFL footy without signing for a VFL club & flying to Melbourne to play VFL footy. Is that right or not?

So its not about recruiting from other clubs, but making Lauderdale attractive to players so they might go their. Ok that makes sense, not!

I may be thick but even I know you cant pay VFL footy without signing for a VFL club & flying to Melbourne to play VFL footy. Is that right or not?

That's just childish mate, you know full well I meant that they won't need to relocate to play.

To your first question I will give you an example.

Jeremy Howe, playing for Dodges Ferry(Lauderdale's zone) decided to go and play for Hobart in the TSL to enhance his chances of getting drafted, maybe players such as him will now recognise that there is an opportunity with Lauderdale to further enhance those chances by potentially being exposed to VFL football.

I'm with madmug on this but with a different angle, I just carn't see how you can bring players in from a higher competition, from a different state. Yes they might not be getting a game in the seniors, but would still be very good players. What about the players that gets dropped from the Lauderdale seniors, go back and play reserves, while some blokes who have never trained or even knows the names of there team mates takes there positions and an hour later is on a plane back to Melbourne. Surely that couldn't be a good thing

Not having shot directly at Lauderdale, good for them for thinking outside the square and trying something different, It wouldn't matter what club it was, I would be saying the same.

I'm with madmug on this but with a different angle, I just carn't see how you can bring players in from a higher competition, from a different state. Yes they might not be getting a game in the seniors, but would still be very good players. What about the players that gets dropped from the Lauderdale seniors, go back and play reserves, while some blokes who have never trained or even knows the names of there team mates takes there positions and an hour later is on a plane back to Melbourne. Surely that couldn't be a good thing

Finer details to be sorted but would imagine it would be a swap of players, say 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 on any given match, therefore the bloke playing 2s more than likely wouldn't have been playing seniors anyway.

No it's about a club that have run out of excuses for their last 10 years of failures and Windy is now desperately trying anything to bring them that elusive premiership that their much vaunted youth have not been able to deliver. Very very sad that they have resorted to bringing in VFL seconds to get them over the line.

Heard that Clarence are facing a fine for talking to contracted players at Kingborough. The tigers have enough problems without clubs poaching there better players. Time Clarence invested in there own youth and not chase players from other clubs, like they have done the last 20 years.
Seriously who at Kingborough is worth talking to apart from MD and Tim P? I actually heard Clarence have picked up a few from lower leagues, OSFA and SFL

Seriously who at Kingborough is worth talking to apart from MD and Tim P? I actually heard Clarence have picked up a few from lower leagues, OSFA and SFL

Well it's not either of those 2 players. This guy played in the state team this year, So he is a pretty good player. Anyway they broke the rule and are being fined for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back