General TSL Talk

Discussion in 'TSL Board' started by tassie_footy, Sep 4, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. Hawkboy

Hawkboy Senior List

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    If the coastal teams did leave the TSL an 8 team comp as you suggested may be worth a try but Thane Brady and NL wouldnt like an extra team in Launy one bit. AFL Tas dont seem to understand that the travel issue is the real killer for the coastal teams. Maybe they could schedule some of the games between southern and north west teams on a rotating basis in Launceston. This would help ease the burden on the coastal teams and also mean the number of trips to the coast for the southern teams would also be reduced to maybe once a year instead of twice, some mathematician smarter than me would have to work that out. AFL Tas need to realise they have to do something different to help the coastal teams if they want them to stay and hopefully it is with the support of the other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Chattswood

Chattswood Debutant

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Not sure Thane Brady would be against a 3rd team if it were viable. Launceston region does need a 3rd team but hard to see who that is or where that would come from. There aren't many viable options.

3. madmug

madmug Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Burnie seemed to have no problems having a good team until this season. Why is travel such an issue now? I thought it was about finances?

As it is, the TSL roster is designed to reduce the travel by NWC teams. Its not an even H&A fixture. Another option is to nave a northern TSL & Southern TSL. Then play finals together. I dont like that one but its a possibility. Playing neutral venue games in Launceston would cost the TSL a fortune & kill clubs frail finances as it reduces their home games.

Travel really should only ever have been for the senior teams. The 2nds & 3rds can play a limited local roster. After all they are about development, not road trips.

The whole TSL thing has been a dogs breakfast & unfortunately just shows the incompetence of AFLTas to run football. The supporters, the public & the players all see it. Why cant the AFL bosses see the mess they keep repeating??

I still think an 8 team system of North & south conferences & still limit the travel. Play 2nds & 3rds locally only except maybe combined finals. Our group thought this out years ago. It aint rocket science.
    Geez is it that hard???? They get paid to manage & organise dont they???

4. Tigerssaints

Tigerssaints Suspended

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    AFL are not interested in TSL ,(snrs) they only want/invest in the kids for future draft picks
    thats why there increase in the staff and cars in the Teenage age group:cool:

5. Chattswood

Chattswood Debutant

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Somewhere along the journey, pathway, pathway, pathway became the focus.

Tigerssaints likes this.
  6. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    The only pathway is the garden path they've run themselves up.

More likely they're just lost in the bushes somewhere in Melbourne I recon.

Chattswood likes this.
  7. GreyBudgie

GreyBudgie All Australian

Other teams:
    Glenorchy, Arsenal,
    I Think the Cheesemaker is keeping a low profile awaiting that phone call from his brother to join him at the AFL HQ. Nepotism a lovely pathway for some....

8. Whowants2know

Whowants2know Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Beautide The Tassie Terminator
    Its pretty poor when the AFL spend more money on setting up 1 game in China, than is funded to Tasmanian football in a year.

Sums up what HQ think of us.

Chattswood and GreyBudgie like this.
  9. GreyBudgie

Other teams:
    Glenorchy, Arsenal,
    Gillon McLachlan has deemed that "resounding success" that was 5, 000 Chinese Nationals turned up (How many free tickets I wonder) from a city Shanghai with a population of 24.15 million. 0.02% percent (Not good with a calculator)
    They certainly know how to spin these Suits meanwhile in a Heartland territory.....SFA never going to change

10. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Like a lot of bright eyed bushy tailed executives who get involved in China & have no idea of the culture & the corruption, I hope they get their smug stupid & arrogant arses chewed out by the Chinamen.

11. KnockerOddie

KnockerOddie Rookie

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Maybe they are looking to invest in a junior academy over there? Perhaps send auld mate over and his fleet of U18s coaches. Packer, BHP etc all had their troubles over there, imagine what these arrogant amateurs would do? And what of the cost of the pointless function in Melbourne tonight - that alone would be more than the funding the TSL gets....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Yes, begging for money for junior football whilst paying airfares for AFL Officials & paying squillions for FIFO clubs to grant us some football from AFL heaven in Melbourne.

Its bludy pathetic. The AFL should be ashamed. The state politicians should be ashamed as well.

13. Resistor

Resistor Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    they don't fear; Dallas Mavericks
    What was/is the Tasmanian theme song? Never heard it

14. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Its actually a Dead Kennedy's Song.

"Too drunk to -----"

15. GreyBudgie

Other teams:
    Glenorchy, Arsenal,
    Concussion is a rather nasty condition and major worry on the game.

Footballers arrested after team bus barny

Over at Boot Park the cheese maker is proposing that TSL Club lend there players to top up North Melbourne Reserves from next year, what do the TSL clubs get in return out of this I wonder?, someone should tell him about the Fiasco the Tassie Devils become after getting into bed with North Melbourne last time..FIFO the scourge of Tasmanian Football.

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM
  16. Whowants2know

Whowants2know Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Beautide The Tassie Terminator
    Concussion my arse. The player in question has a long history of drinking and fighting. Was playing his 1st game of the season and 1st game back at the club after serveral season away and was helping them fill a development side, so for Steve Old to come out and say that the player will be suspended doesn't really mean that much as he more than likely wouldnt have played anymore games this season anyway.
    But serious questions have to asked of the management of the Tigers board. After sacking the coach before the season started and then the President speaking to the media before getting the correct information is very amateurish.
    But on a positive, good to see Steve Old has a new GPS as he has been spotted at the twin ovals this week, usually more chance of spotting a Tasmanian Tiger there than Steve.

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 9:59 AM
  17. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    After watching the TSL MRP on U-tube, I wonder how many of those were suspended for deliberate head hits & sling tackles? How serious is the TSL really?
    I'm told the big guy who was announced by the Mercury paper as some ex Baseball player is just a big useless lump who cant play at all & just tries to crunch smaller opposition players.
    I wonder if that police guy is still playing after being reported a number of times?
    I know the TSL talk a lot, as do AFL Tas. But thats all they seem to do. Do they actually understand or care about their duty of care? Their responsibility for players & the game?

18. Gersman

Gersman Draftee

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Headline on the back of the paper yesterday saying that Burnie could be adding current New Norfolk player, ex Docker Jayson Laycock for a few upcoming games.
    On facebook last night New Norfolk rubbished the article and trashed the journo who wrote it like they usually do. Laycock dismissed it as rubbish.
    I see today their posts been taken down and it's there for all to see that Laycock applied for a permit to play for Burnie and AFL Tas disallowed it. Request denied.
    The savages won't be happy up there..