1. Love your trade? Show us how to be crowned Home Timber & Hardware Tradie of The Year and WIN a Holden Colorado. Enter at homehardware.com.au

Dismiss Notice
  2. Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

General TSL Talk

Discussion in 'TSL Board' started by tassie_footy, Sep 4, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. madmug

madmug Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I think he said 'IF'.
    Whatever the situation, let the police handle it. Once that is done, then 'perhaps' their 'could/should' be further ramifications for the perpetrator.
    And rightly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Whowants2know

Whowants2know Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Beautide The Tassie Terminator
    Im with you Madmug
    Very serious situation and hopefully the powers to be will assess all the information.
    Not a good look for football in general.

3. Whowants2know

Whowants2know Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Beautide The Tassie Terminator
    I'm one of the biggest critics of AFLTAS.
    But really good to see them on the front page of today's Mercury, getting on 'front foot' in regards to the umpire abuse that has occurred in different leagues. Hopefully things can change for the better.

4. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Yes all credit to them. Not that they had much choice with such an incident & given the public & media outcry it has attracted.

I just wish they were as forthright in addressing other issues around Tasmanian football. (sigh!)

But more particularly I hope the young umpire himself, is ok.

I hope he continues in the game, when he feels right. It would be a statement of strength & resolve to not be beaten down by such a cowardly attack. Its his choice of course, but I think he has massive sympathy & support right now. Again, I hope he is going ok.
    Thats whats important.

5. madmug

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    As we move well into the last part of the H&A season its interesting to see who might be the premiers. Clarence seem the best team at the moment. North Launy & Glenorchy are still right in it but havent seemed as consistent as last season. For Glenorchy, I see Reynolds is back & with Josh Watts starting to impove after a lot of injury problems at Brisbane, they may yet be the dark horse. I know Lauderdale are their abouts but they seem to be like that all the time! Who knows what they'll do in the finals.
    For the rest, its about developing & planning for next year.

Tassieboy likes this.
  6. Halftimehero

Halftimehero Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    The Demons genuinely thought they could take Lauderdale's spot in the 5......

7. The Big H

The Big H Club Legend

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Kangaroos
    It will be interesting to see how some of the teams improve now that rep footy is over for the U18 guys. Will improve some teams like North in particular.