Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
So basically you are happy to condone a player going around belting blokes in the 60s but not today? What's the difference? Why do you want the player doing it today kicked out and the player doing it 50 years ago put on a pedestal?

Deflection is not helping this problem. I didn't ever like anyone belting people. For you info JD was never a behind the play snipper. He had many an altercation with players like John Bingley. But he copped as much as he gave. He also played senior mens football but didn't hit kids off the ball, he protected his own players, as was most of what went on in those days some 40-50 years ago, so take your pathetic deflection efforts somewhere else.

Why not talk about your own coach who was a hit & duck off out the back merchant, real brave he was.!!!!

Deflection is not helping this problem. I didn't ever like anyone belting people. For you info JD was never a behind the play snipper. He had many an altercation with players like John Bingley. But he copped as much as he gave. He also played senior mens football but didn't hit kids off the ball, he protected his own players, as was most of what went on in those days some 40-50 years ago, so take your pathetic deflection efforts somewhere else.

Why not talk about your own coach who was a hit & duck off out the back merchant, real brave he was.!!!!

Haha hit a nerve when questioning the great JD did we?

I am not trying to deflect it nor am I condoning what the player did, just asking what you thought of Devine's antics on the field and have therefore uncovered your double standards and also caused you to fall back on your get out argument you use every time of having a crack at Windy and Lauderdale.

Hi all.

I'm putting together a piece on how the drug ice is affecting regional footy.

Id be interested in hearing any stories or anecdotes from posters who are familiar with regional footy in Tasmania

Is the drug a problem within country footy clubs in Tasmania? Is use increasing? Decreasing? Are coaches supplying players? Vice versa?

Feel free to PM me.

Cheers
Scribe

Yes and its Darren Winters fault

According to Brian Carlton and a statement sent to him by the Lauderdale Football Club President Julie Kay the Lauderdale player will plead Guilty on Friday night, search Tasmania Talks Podcasts he takes the President to task on her statement.

Society has changed in the last ten years on what happens on the Football Field, even twenty years ago with what Danny Noonan did to Marcus Todman "King Hit" in the 1995 GF would get 20 plus games if not more now 2.55 minute mark North Launceston supporters still talk about it.

yet he went on to win the next years William Leitch Medal Medal making it back to back "Best and Fairest", Thanks godness attitudes have changed.

Quick question how many William Leitch Medalist's ended up in the Big House?

Last edited:
According to Brian Carlton and a statement sent to him by the Lauderdale Football Club President Julie Kay the Lauderdale player will plead Guilty on Friday night, search Tasmania Talks Podcasts he takes the President to task on her statement.

Society has changed in the last ten years on what happens on the Football Field, even twenty years ago with what Danny Noonan did to Marcus Todman "King Hit" in the 1995 GF would get 20 plus games if not more now 2.55 minute mark North Launceston supporters still talk about it.

yet he went on to win the next years William Leitch Medal Medal making it back to back "Best and Fairest"

I know of him and one other from North Hobart in recent years

I know of him and one other from North Hobart in recent years
yes the former North Hobart, New Norfolk and Glenorchy player won it the year before Danny Noonan, maybe Kingpin might know of some more?

Great to hear Neville Oliver and his unbiased commentating in that video, once heard a Hobart supporter call him "Oliver North:D"

Last edited:
The only 'nerve' is the stupidity of bringing up footy from 50 years ago.

Did you see any incidents JD was involved in, what about Rod Olsson, or Ricky Graham, or John Bingley, or any other star of the time?
I'm sure he saw Tom Brennan's coward punch on the young North Hobart fella a few years back.11 weeks he got I think, I'm sure Windy said he was devastated just like the spear tackler who's really struggling.

Why weren't you all up in arms last year when Jack Gleeson fractured the eye socket of 17 year old Blake Newell?

yet he went on to win the next years William Leitch Medal Medal making it back to back "Best and Fairest", Thanks godness attitudes have changed.

I remember that sniper act Noonan did to Todman clear as a bell. I was standing on the terraces in the rain, there was a ball up in front of me and Noonan just went smash. I had to take a double, triple take and wipe the rain out of my eyes to check if I saw what I thought I saw lol.
I remember the controversy of when Noonan won the William Leitch Medal at Wrest Point, it was live on ABC TV and Peter Walsh was the compare. The entire North Launceston table booed and jeered and heckled all through his speech, have never heard anything like it before. Then Noonan in his speech gives it to the entire North Launceston table, their club and their players in no uncertain terms amid more raucous abuse and booing.
It really was something else, I wish I had it on tape

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that sniper act Noonan did to Todman clear as a bell. I was standing on the terraces in the rain, there was a ball up in front of me and Noonan just went smash. I had to take a double, triple take and wipe the rain out of my eyes to check if I saw what I thought I saw lol.
I remember the controversy of when Noonan won the William Leitch Medal at Wrest Point, it was live on ABC TV and Peter Walsh was the compare. The entire North Launceston table booed and jeered and heckled all through his speech, have never heard anything like it before. Then Noonan in his speech gives it to the entire North Launceston table, their club and their players in no uncertain terms amid more raucous abuse and booing.
It really was something else, I wish I had it on tape

Can remember watching that as a boy, I guess you could say he got his just reward in the end.

Why weren't you all up in arms last year when Jack Gleeson fractured the eye socket of 17 year old Blake Newell?

Which means we're wrong to discuss a 29yo lump with no ability & no future in the game,belting a 16yo in the face, off the ball in the Dev league, & he has been charged with this sort of thing before.
Is this your defence of his behaviour? or your counter to people being disgusted by it & daring to talk about it?

Any more information of your knowledge of John Devines career? Any specific accusations?

Which means we're wrong to discuss a 29yo lump with no ability & no future in the game,belting a 16yo in the face, off the ball in the Dev league, & he has been charged with this sort of thing before.
Is this your defence of his behaviour? or your counter to people being disgusted by it & daring to talk about it?

Any more information of your knowledge of John Devines career? Any specific accusations?

I am not defending the actions of the player, I have already said that in an earlier post, it just seems every time something happens involving Lauderdale you and other muppets on here start jumping up and down like caged ferrets, you haven't posted anything on here for weeks. Is it the fact you are that insecure about your own minnow football club/setup/group/split that runs a hybrid team around each week that you need to make yourself feel better running down another club?

Thug behaviour 50 years ago is no different to thug behaviour now, all I asked was are you suggesting Lauderdale should have kicked this player out on the street when players from a different period of time are put on pedestals for the same thing? None of it makes it right.

According to Brian Carlton and correspondence he received from Tasmania Police regarding the Development League Game Report Burnie v Lauderdale they have received a complaint of an alleged assault and are now investigating the Incident, and as a result they have suspended the offer of employment to the alleged offender pending the investigation.

is this lauderdale player , that punched someone this yr/ last yr and got off on a technicality
If that was the incident in the Development league game last year Lauderdale Vs Prospect Hawks, Then that was another player who happened to be a Police Officer, and Trivia fact (ex Boyfriend of Georgia Love former News reader and Realitiy star of 'The Bachelorette' .)

Initial found Guilty and handed a four week suspension, that was then overturned at an appeals hearing.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/3946998/tsl-tribunal-appeal-furore/

Last edited:
I am not defending the actions of the player, I have already said that in an earlier post, it just seems every time something happens involving Lauderdale you and other muppets on here start jumping up and down like caged ferrets, you haven't posted anything on here for weeks. Is it the fact you are that insecure about your own minnow football club/setup/group/split that runs a hybrid team around each week that you need to make yourself feel better running down another club?

Thug behaviour 50 years ago is no different to thug behaviour now, all I asked was are you suggesting Lauderdale should have kicked this player out on the street when players from a different period of time are put on pedestals for the same thing? None of it makes it right.

Once again you go off on a tangent about nothing. I understand the problems at HCNHFC. I think the coach is doing great job. I think they need to recruit some key players but dont have great finances, like most clubs unfortunately. So its a battle to develop within the club with a The problem caused by Wade & AFLTas about the name & constitution changes are causing a heartache for all supporters but will be worked through. You cant just dump 136 years of history for some imagined marketing advantage.

And what have you posted of interest over the last few weeks???

As a real Hobart(tigers) supporter ,remember the TCA guys
(i have a long -term memory )

spot on.Madmug i remember ALL the crap/mud superhalftimehero threw at our clubs (s) over the past 10 yrs,
He knows nothing about how hard it was/is trying to survive,retain players and sponsors,when you are plastered all over the press

:thumbsdown::footy:

As a real Hobart(tigers) supporter ,remember the TCA guys
(i have a long -term memory )

spot on.Madmug i remember ALL the crap/mud superhalftimehero threw at our clubs (s) over the past 10 yrs,
He knows nothing about how hard it was/is trying to survive,retain players and sponsors,when you are plastered all over the press

:thumbsdown::footy:

Poor little Hobart Tigers, always blaming someone else for their downfalls, maybe if they had have put time into running a decent junior program and didn't rely on getting players from one school 10 years ago they may have done better at retaining players, but no took the lazy option and now look at them, dead set battlers in a half baked bush league.

Once again you go off on a tangent about nothing. I understand the problems at HCNHFC. I think the coach is doing great job. I think they need to recruit some key players but dont have great finances, like most clubs unfortunately. So its a battle to develop within the club with a The problem caused by Wade & AFLTas about the name & constitution changes are causing a heartache for all supporters but will be worked through. You cant just dump 136 years of history for some imagined marketing advantage.

And what have you posted of interest over the last few weeks???

I haven't posted anything, I got tagged into it by that rabbit Tigerssaints, but you couldn't help yourself, I bet your eyes did light up at the prospect of having another rant about Lauderale, bitter old man you are.

I haven't posted anything, I got tagged into it by that rabbit Tigerssaints, but you couldn't help yourself, I bet your eyes did light up at the prospect of having another rant about Lauderale, bitter old man you are.

Bitter?
Dear oh dear!!!

Sure I get a bit cranky. But never bitter. I.m always concerned with footy in general, In Tasmanian footy in particular. Im certainly not defensive about any clubs I may follow, like others I could name. ;)

the kids had his jaw "wired" thanks to Joshua Wells
Lauderdale have stooped too more lower thank lows this season has seen plenty of there players reported
defend that halftime

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Do you work for CNN??? Just to clarify, the young boy from Burnie at this stage has not had his jaw wired. And thats not me commenting on what happened, but just clarifying you incorrect information.

Sounds like a typical bully who most likely jumps out of the way when you need to put your body on the line.

I used to love playing against those sorts, made winning the ball easy when those blokes were around the footy.

My 3rd senior game for the pies was against Clarence at Bellerive. The coach had me lining up on Winter, who didn't end up playing (child birth or something like that), ended up playing on Probert and McCullum for most parts of the game. It was a real eye opener to how much niggle goes on. As a 17 year old I accepted I was playing against men and deserved to be treated like one. Come away with 3rd or 4th mention that day. Typing this makes me wish I was still playing :(

Poor little Hobart Tigers, always blaming someone else for their downfalls, maybe if they had have put time into running a decent junior program and didn't rely on getting players from one school 10 years ago they may have done better at retaining players, but no took the lazy option and now look at them, dead set battlers in a half baked bush league.

I don't think you really know much about the old TFL. They had very strict boundaries for recruiting. Hobart really only had a small part of Hobart City (Glebe ) and relied on Lindisfarne & Risdonvale over the riverHobart . Lindisfarne were a strong club so it was even harder for Hobart. They derived an income from the Brisbane Hotel but were never really well off. NH & Sandy Bay & Clarence had them hemmed in so they generally struggled apart from a few good periods in their history.
Lauderdale were brought into the state league, given a good growing area in which to recruit, as well as the AFL money of about $100k. So they've had it easy compared to Hobart FC who have been backstabbed twice by Wade & AFLTas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back