Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Ill let others decide that. You clearly have a low IQ & dont understand what I wrote. Thats sad in itself.

Clearly, probably explains why I am interacting with geriatrics who are staying up way past their bed time at the asylum.

Clearly, probably explains why I am interacting with geriatrics who are staying up way past their bed time at the asylum.

This conversation sounds very familiar. Probably because this isn't the first time your posting here and yet again trying to defend another Lauderdale player who has been accused and found guilty of a behind the play incident on a much younger player. The only difference this time you have brought a playmate with you who is also in some strange way is trying to defend someone guilty of bashing a young kid.

This conversation sounds very familiar. Probably because this isn't the first time your posting here and yet again trying to defend another Lauderdale player who has been accused and found guilty of a behind the play incident on a much younger player. The only difference this time you have brought a playmate with you who is also in some strange way is trying to defend someone guilty of bashing a young kid.

So show me where I have defended him....

So show me where I have defended him....

You backed up Still Kicken's post which said the tribunal and the Umpires coach believed Wells had been provoked.
The only problem with that is his post was full of "Don't quote me but" and " I Believe". This doesn't sound vey factual to me. Most matches are full of niggle and provocation, that doesn't mean it's open season on whacking kids behind the play.

You backed up Still Kicken's post which said the tribunal and the Umpires coach believed Wells had been provoked.
The only problem with that is his post was full of "Don't quote me but" and " I Believe". This doesn't sound vey factual to me. Most matches are full of niggle and provocation, that doesn't mean it's open season on whacking kids behind the play.

He's obviously a smart man and knows what he can and cant comment on in his position ;)

On a posititve, its the busiest this thread has been in years.
We are leading into finals shortly, let's keep talking footy.

On a posititve, its the busiest this thread has been in years.
We are leading into finals shortly, let's keep talking footy.

But yet again its not about Football. The media say very little about the Football. Incidents & a few players is all they look at. This little session wouldn't have gone this far except for a few 'deflections'. Why offer any defence? If some AFLTas official offered some defence of 'mitigation' to breaking a kids jaw, why no report ? Or was it just verbal?
Try that defence to an assault charge in a court! 'he yelled at me so I punched him out, waaaaah.!!

Anyway, it looks more like a run to the final between NL, CFC & LFC, I can't see GFC making it given their last 2 close losses & injuries. Whoever ends up on top will have a huge advantage.

He said
'Don't quote me but I believe--'
And 'Apparently their decision---'
And 'I also believe the umpires coach--'

I didn't see that as 'fact' It read like he was making supposition. Perhaps he should have said
'What happened was---'
And 'Their decision was----'
And 'The Umpires coach was--- & did---'

Then I may have assumed thats what took place. Get it?

Even so, 'Indicated the young Burnie player targeted Wells on Numerous times' Means what? That he hit Wells? He talked to Wells? He kissed Wells? I mean what is targeted? If he did break any rules in 'targeting Wells' & it was seen by an AFLTas official, why wasnt he reported also?

Do you now see how this doesn't make sense?

Targeting means, he continually ran at him from behind and when Wells was standing still or walking. Either punching him with a fist to the back or whacking him with a forearm to the back.

This is factual, as well as the umpires coach providing this view in his statement to the tribunal. That also is factual. I also believe the end result is wrong also just so you know where i'm coming from. However if you continue to do that to a person in any environment, eventually they will hit back!

Targeting means, he continually ran at him from behind and when Wells was standing still or walking. Either punching him with a fist to the back or whacking him with a forearm to the back.

This is factual, as well as the umpires coach providing this view in his statement to the tribunal. That also is factual. I also believe the end result is wrong also just so you know where i'm coming from. However if you continue to do that to a person in any environment, eventually they will hit back!

Indeed 'punching with a fist' is a reportable offence. 'Continually'/ I wonder how often during the game? How many ''targeting incidents' did the witness see? 'Witnessed by an AFLTas official' Where is the report I wonder? Or multiple reports? If its not, how could it be any sort of defence?

I guess some civil action would sort this out. Much more needs to be heard about this 'mitigating stuff'.

Don't reply HTH, its clearly way above your capacity to comprehend.

Indeed 'punching with a fist' is a reportable offence. 'Continually'/ I wonder how often during the game? How many ''targeting incidents' did the witness see? 'Witnessed by an AFLTas official' Where is the report I wonder? Or multiple reports? If its not, how could it be any sort of defence?

I guess some civil action would sort this out. Much more needs to be heard about this 'mitigating stuff'.

Don't reply HTH, its clearly way above your capacity to comprehend.

There were not reports or incident reports lodged by the umpires or Lauderdale in regards to what happened to Wells. However on the day his treatment was noted by the umpires and the umpires coach at 1/4 time. Unfortunately the incident that lead to the burnies players jaw was soon after this. The whole thing was not a good look for footy. It also means a guys potential career is over for retaliation which is also a shame. I'd say both players have learnt valuable lessons out of this experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were not reports or incident reports lodged by the umpires or Lauderdale in regards to what happened to Wells. However on the day his treatment was noted by the umpires and the umpires coach at 1/4 time. Unfortunately the incident that lead to the burnies players jaw was soon after this. The whole thing was not a good look for footy. It also means a guys potential career is over for retaliation which is also a shame. I'd say both players have learnt valuable lessons out of this experience.

Perhaps.
Any idea why this LFC guy didn't learn from his previous reports for behind the play incidents? Did he have to hit the kid in the face? Why did the AFLTas official offer this as a defence? No report, but did the umpires give free kicks for such 'contact' as you say they 'noted' the actions. Did the umpires take any action at all, like warn the Burnie lad? If they did, did he ignore the warnings? was that even asked in the tribunal? Given what you say, its actually seems like a real an indictment of the Umpires themselves, or the ability of the Tribunal itself to get to the 'facts' of the matter. I mean did the Tribunal just accept the AFLTas umpires officials comment without examining it?

I hope for some civil action so we can find all this out. To anyone with half a brain, this seems like very strange behaviour by the Umpires & Umpires official.

Dont bother HTH, it requires some basic thought. Its friday, just take it easy today., you dont want a headache.

Burnie Dockers president Steve Dowling content with penalty handed out to Lauderdale Development League player Joshua Wells for striking Docker Mason Chatwin

The Article in The Advovate above states that
"Claims of provocation by Chatwin were denied by the Dockers and Lauderdale."
and
"Chatwin suffered a fracture in his jaw in the incident. Incorrect information had been supplied to Fairfax Media indicating his jaw had been wired shut. "
So at least they followed up and corrected that mistake, The first statement regarding Claims of provocation by Chatwin were untrue pity they did not name who said that from both Burnie Dockers and Lauderdale as it seems not to match information being posted here.

Have AFL Tasmania or any other Governing body ever released transcripts of Tribunal hearings?

Last edited:
Burnie Dockers president Steve Dowling content with penalty handed out to Lauderdale Development League player Joshua Wells for striking Docker Mason Chatwin

and
"Chatwin suffered a fracture in his jaw in the incident. Incorrect information had been supplied to Fairfax Media indicating his jaw had been wired shut. "
So at least they followed up and corrected that mistake, The first statement regarding Claims of provocation by Chatwin were untrue pity they did not name who said that from both Burnie Dockers and Lauderdale as it seems not to match information being posted here.

Have AFL Tasmania or any other Governing body ever released transcripts of Tribunal hearings?[/QUOTE] So many different versions of what happened, who do we believe ? If the reports on here of the umpires and umpires coach involvement is true it seems very strange to me. Despite all that has been said in defence of Wells the tribunal still saw fit to suspend him for 8 weeks and it doesn't seem like he will appeal as the time period for that would be over I guess. If the umpires and their coach saw the Burnie player punching Wells in the back as claimed on this forum, why didn't they report him. If I was tribunal chairman that would have been my first question to them. I also seems strange to me that a skinny 16 year old kid would try and provoke a man of Wells size, maybe he did, I wasn't there so I don't know if he did or not.

Last edited:
Somehow the 'facts' seem stranger than fiction. j dont dispute what has been offered on here as fact. But as I showed, it is strange & opens up even more questions about the I ncident & what the officials did actually do.
The Advocate report puts more doubt on the 'facts' we've been given.

Don't reply HTH, its getting to complicated for you now.

Somehow the 'facts' seem stranger than fiction. j dont dispute what has been offered on here as fact. But as I showed, it is strange & opens up even more questions about the I ncident & what the officials did actually do.
The Advocate report puts more doubt on the 'facts' we've been given.

Don't reply HTH, its getting to complicated for you now.

Thanks for thinking of me enough to give me a mention in all your recent posts, much appreciated :p

Its been rather amusing watching you slightly change your stance on the issue when you've seen another chance to throw barbs at AFLTAS and the tribunal( your true number one love) I bet that has given you a bloody great raging horn at the home this morning, having a crack at the officials and Lauderdale all in one go :rolleyes:

Speaking of not replying, I notice you didn't reply to WWTK when he tried to get discussion going about the actual game, we all know why that is though, you wouldn't know the first thing about it and would struggle to name 3 players from each club, oh and its not in your nature to talk about something positive is it?

Thanks for thinking of me enough to give me a mention in all your recent posts, much appreciated :p

Its been rather amusing watching you slightly change your stance on the issue when you've seen another chance to throw barbs at AFLTAS and the tribunal( your true number one love) I bet that has given you a bloody great raging horn at the home this morning, having a crack at the officials and Lauderdale all in one go :rolleyes:

Speaking of not replying, I notice you didn't reply to WWTK when he tried to get discussion going about the actual game, we all know why that is though, you wouldn't know the first thing about it and would struggle to name 3 players from each club, oh and its not in your nature to talk about something positive is it?

Keep at it. You just look even sillier.

I didn't start this bit of discussion, but I could see the obvious problems with it & some 'facts' mentioned.

Just because you aren't bright enough to discuss the obvious suspect points in all this doesn't mean the rest of us cant.

Tell me what 'crack' was wrong in your seemingly limited view of things.

and

Have AFL Tasmania or any other Governing body ever released transcripts of Tribunal hearings?
So many different versions of what happened, who do we believe ? If the reports on here of the umpires and umpires coach involvement is true it seems very strange to me. Despite all that has been said in defence of Wells the tribunal still saw fit to suspend him for 8 weeks and it doesn't seem like he will appeal as the time period for that would be over I guess. If the umpires and their coach saw the Burnie player punching Wells in the back as claimed on this forum, why didn't they report him. If I was tribunal chairman that would have been my first question to them. I also seems strange to me that a skinny 16 year old kid would try and provoke a man of Wells size, maybe he did, I wasn't there so I don't know if he did or not.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you, the advocate has not contacted anyone from the LFC in regards to the incident at all. They have also reported on two occasions that the player had his jaw wired shut which is incorrect. There has been a lot of sloppy journalism on their part.

Perhaps.
Any idea why this LFC guy didn't learn from his previous reports for behind the play incidents? Did he have to hit the kid in the face? Why did the AFLTas official offer this as a defence? No report, but did the umpires give free kicks for such 'contact' as you say they 'noted' the actions. Did the umpires take any action at all, like warn the Burnie lad? If they did, did he ignore the warnings? was that even asked in the tribunal? Given what you say, its actually seems like a real an indictment of the Umpires themselves, or the ability of the Tribunal itself to get to the 'facts' of the matter. I mean did the Tribunal just accept the AFLTas umpires officials comment without examining it?

I hope for some civil action so we can find all this out. To anyone with half a brain, this seems like very strange behaviour by the Umpires & Umpires official.

Dont bother HTH, it requires some basic thought. Its friday, just take it easy today., you dont want a headache.

I think you see this in AFL today where players get what seems to be unfair treatment and then retaliate after a while.

And Josh has not been reported before so i'm not sure what you are talking about learning before? And no he didn't have to hit the player in the face, and i certainly don't think he intended to do that. There is a significant height difference.

In regards to the umpires, they probably could and should have issued some free kicks earlier! That tends to stop the flow of those events occurring as the coaches usually take it upon themselves to remove players for continuously giving away free kicks.

So many different versions of what happened, who do we believe ? If the reports on here of the umpires and umpires coach involvement is true it seems very strange to me. Despite all that has been said in defence of Wells the tribunal still saw fit to suspend him for 8 weeks and it doesn't seem like he will appeal as the time period for that would be over I guess. If the umpires and their coach saw the Burnie player punching Wells in the back as claimed on this forum, why didn't they report him. If I was tribunal chairman that would have been my first question to them. I also seems strange to me that a skinny 16 year old kid would try and provoke a man of Wells size, maybe he did, I wasn't there so I don't know if he did or not.

I can assure you, the advocate has not contacted anyone from the LFC in regards to the incident at all. They have also reported on two occasions that the player had his jaw wired shut which is incorrect. There has been a lot of sloppy journalism on their part.[/QUOTE]

That being the case someone from LFC should send a press release to the Advocate and other media outlets stating that the article in inaccurate and not true and no one from the Club has made the Statement. As the way, it is written is very misleading “Claims of provocation by Chatwin were denied by the Dockers and Lauderdale” Especially if there is still a Police enquiry into the matter as claimed by other media outlets last week.

To me it is written in a way one would surmise that someone from Lauderdale FC has made that statement to the reporter, if this has not happened the Advocate need to be called out on it “FAKE NEWS” unfortunately there is no journalist linked to the article.

As some kind of a comparison, about a month or so ago a senior Cairns player was given 9 weeks for punching a 20 year old behind the play breaking his jaw. He's been charged. Provocation was alleged at the tribunal hearing.

As some kind of a comparison, about a month or so ago a senior Cairns player was given 9 weeks for punching a 20 year old behind the play breaking his jaw. He's been charged. Provocation was alleged at the tribunal hearing.

I wonder if the local umpires adviser made a heart felt plea to go easy on the accused.? You know, he had a terrible up up bringing due to abusive father & drugged mother. The kid with the fracture jaw called him a *, etc etc.

pathetic excuses for the thugs at Lauderdale
wow, Wells hadnt been reported before ? (only started playing footy last 2 yrs )
where's the duty of care from the club and winter
retaliation ( like any man should have put his hand up and admitted his fault),
i used that against my older and bigger brother when i was a kid .My mum saw threw my cunning plan,
and ended up sending me to visit the old peoples home for some community service .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back