Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I'm not 100% on this but I believe he plead guilty at the tribunal but appealed the severity of the sentence.
quite happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. one thing I am sure about is that the incident was given the all clear
and it was only after Lauderdale submitted a complaint that it was acted upon. dangerous games to start playing when they have a player
sitting on a combined 15 weeks suspensions.

He pleaded not guilty.

Its all good, when you are on the brink of registration they will go easy on you anyway it seems, the tribunal found the exact same findings as the MRP, Intentional high contact with low force(broken nose), that is 2 down to 1 every time, he got an extra week because he is a serial thug, but no lets just give him a week shall we.

No comment on Brown and Grubb? Getting a reputation as kiddie bashers down at the tip.

I was at the game ^, as we had the bye,
Grubb bumped the bloke to the ground...to get 3 weeks is a joke
tribunal is a laughing stock!! have herd there is some former influential Clarence players on the tribunal/mrp board??!!

Gleeson to get 3 down to 1 and plead not guilty to head butting some one is mind boggling??:'(:'(
Why would one be so stupid to push your luck!!

I've been told the TSL Seniors GF will start at 4.30pm. The day is all about the senior game. Thats what attracts a crowd. Its the only reason most people go to GF day.

Don't you think being a statewide competition they would give people from around the state the best chance of getting to & from the game at a reasonable time?? It wont finish until 7.30pm. How crazy is that?

Its telling people from the other end of the state 'don't bother coming'. Also 'we dont care about supporters or the volunteer staff who help the teams'.

How bloody stupid are these fools who run (read ruin) the game here???

If a club like Clarence get to the GF with seniors & seconds & play NL, their day would be to leave home at 6am, return home at midnight, an 18 hour day. Even supporters going to the game wouldn't get home until after 10pm. Thats good for older supporters, kids & families in general. How Stupid.

Play the womens final on the sunday for CS. Don't stuff the whole day up.

Too late. :(

I was at the game ^, as we had the bye,
Grubb bumped the bloke to the ground...to get 3 weeks is a joke
tribunal is a laughing stock!! have herd there is some former influential Clarence players on the tribunal/mrp board??!!

Gleeson to get 3 down to 1 and plead not guilty to head butting some one is mind boggling??:'(:'(
Why would one be so stupid to push your luck!!

I don't like either of these sides, this Clarence Lauderdale sideshow is wearing a bit thin. I was however told by someone that was actually on the ground at the time that the Clarence player received 2 broken ribs and was passing blood in the change rooms. It would be good if you could tell us all who these former Clarence players on the MRP and tribunal are.

I don't like either of these sides, this Clarence Lauderdale sideshow is wearing a bit thin. I was however told by someone that was actually on the ground at the time that the Clarence player received 2 broken ribs and was passing blood in the change rooms. It would be good if you could tell us all who these former Clarence players on the MRP and tribunal are.

Brett Geappen is one

Well, the question is, who are actually on the review panel. It appears that there is a bit on inconsistency happening yet again. Seen the footage for Gleeson in my opinion looks to me there is a couple of questions that the public would like to know. spoke about this at work and mixed views.

1. are there ex Clarence players on the tribunal
2. obviously two weeks for the head butt why was it backed off on, when it is a no brainier.

Yes Frankly thanks for steering me to the correct question, Tribunal who are they, whats their qualifications, apart from being probably good ol'boys that have a bias to some club. Publish their names in for the sake of transparency. I smell a fish rotting from the head at the moment, needs to sorted....

Yes Frankly thanks for steering me to the correct question, Tribunal who are they, whats their qualifications, apart from being probably good ol'boys that have a bias to some club. Publish their names in for the sake of transparency. I smell a fish rotting from the head at the moment, needs to sorted....

Maybe HTH could tell us, he knows lots of stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been told the TSL Seniors GF will start at 4.30pm. The day is all about the senior game. Thats what attracts a crowd. Its the only reason most people go to GF day.

Don't you think being a statewide competition they would give people from around the state the best chance of getting to & from the game at a reasonable time?? It wont finish until 7.30pm. How crazy is that?

Its telling people from the other end of the state 'don't bother coming'. Also 'we dont care about supporters or the volunteer staff who help the teams'.

If a club like Clarence get to the GF with seniors & seconds & play NL, their day would be to leave home at 6am, return home at midnight, an 18 hour day. Even supporters going to the game wouldn't get home until after 10pm. Thats good for older supporters, kids & families in general. How Stupid.

Absolutely pathetic. Will try and be PC but seriously who has interest in watching the TSLW final. They should either have a stand alone day or play before the development game.
We were planning on traveling to Launceston if the game was at York Park, but dont think we will bother.
Do they realize that the senior grand final will be playing at the same time that AFL preliminary final is on. Last year the match started at 5.15
Stupid timing.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic.
Heard that there will be at least 4 senior coaching positions available next year.
Already announced Hobart City Demons.
Kingborough will definitely be looking for a new coach.
But heard that Cornelius could be heading to the VFL in a coaching role and that Tom Couch will be heading back home.
Interesting times ahead.

Slightly off topic.
Heard that there will be at least 4 senior coaching positions available next year.
Already announced Hobart City Demons.
Kingborough will definitely be looking for a new coach.
But heard that Cornelius could be heading to the VFL in a coaching role and that Tom Couch will be heading back home.
Interesting times ahead.

Add to that AFLTas wanting to go back to the Dleague being under 21 again, it near FKT the clubs last time they did it. What are those fools in the AFLTas office trying to do? It wont help get more kids drafted. That may happen if the help clubs get good coaches & have the kids play against better players, not a bunch of other kids who may not be up to a decent enough standard.

You know for all the wages paid in that office, they dont seem to have much of an idea how to run football! We just seem to go in stupid circles. They now seem more interested in the womens 5 team state league than anything else!!!!

Suspended for 3 weeks, reduced to 2 for an early guilty plea.
What is it with Lauderdale players running around in the Development league whacking 17 year old kids?
This bloke must nearly be 40 years old, cant call time on his career but takes a spot from a youngster.
Time for TSL bosses to step in and stamp this crap out.

Come on Frankly, you have had a bee in your bonnet with me since i coach North Hobart! Have i done something to upset you? But to answer your question. Yes your information is correct. Unfortunately i got caught retaliating and at my age "39", i should have known better. However when someone continually whacks into you, the last thing on your mind is to ask him for his birth certificate so i got done retaliating!

But you have unearthed a problem within the TSL that is not going to fix quickly. You asked why i'm playing??? Probably because numbers are thin in dev league. At times Lauderdale has had to ask players missing out on two's games from SFL clubs to fill in. This occurs because you lose kids to school footy, mariners, other rep games and of course injury. Not to mention that parents don't allow some kids to play dev league because they don't think they are ready generally because the are 16/17. The last thing i want to do is play, however as the club has been desperate on occasions i have played. I'm certainly not allowing a kid to miss out on a game mate i can assure you of that. And i haven't gone too bad for an old bastard i might add. So maybe for once get your head out of your ass and look at the bigger picture instead of taking personal pot shots at me and our club. If you really gave a f*ck about Tassie footy you would agree.

Anyhow i'm more than happy to not play if it will help you sleep at night. I'm not afraid to reveal who i am Frankly, maybe show some balls and stop hiding behind your name?????

It just astounds me that these highly paid people at AFL TAS that are running the game can make decisions like a 4-30pm grand final that are so far away from what the average grass roots football follower wants. I saw Carl Saunder on Tv last night saying past grand finals have drawn 6,000-8,000 spectators and they are hoping for 10,000 this year with the 4-30pm timeslot. I think with this ridiculous time slot they will be in the 4,000 to 5,000 range regardless of whether the game is in Hobart or Launceston. As Madmug said they have run a line through many people who would have travelled North/South for the game. I know when Hawthorn games are scheduled at 3-20 pm in Launceston I hear never ending complaints from people on the western end of the coast who refuse to go to the game because of the late finish and we are half an hour closer to Launceston than people in Hobart so their situation is worse. Surely AFL TAS would have picked up on that public sentiment and taken it into account with their decision. On another topic Troy Davies who is coach of Devonport's NWFL senior side said in an article in the Advocate recently that the coast should only have one TSL side with the lower leagues feeding into it. Not sure I agree with that but one team is better than none I suppose. In my opinion Devonport have to acknowledge the current situation of playing in 2 leagues cannot continue as this has been a disaster for them just as it was for Burnie. Their NWFL reserves have been frequently forfeiting games due to lack of players and it must be hurting them financially. I think its likely they will be either withdrawing from the NWFL or the TSL with the latter being the most likely. This is only my opinion and I may well be wrong but lets wait and see.

Come on Frankly, you have had a bee in your bonnet with me since i coach North Hobart! Have i done something to upset you? But to answer your question. Yes your information is correct. Unfortunately i got caught retaliating and at my age "39", i should have known better. However when someone continually whacks into you, the last thing on your mind is to ask him for his birth certificate so i got done retaliating!

But you have unearthed a problem within the TSL that is not going to fix quickly. You asked why i'm playing??? Probably because numbers are thin in dev league. At times Lauderdale has had to ask players missing out on two's games from SFL clubs to fill in. This occurs because you lose kids to school footy, mariners, other rep games and of course injury. Not to mention that parents don't allow some kids to play dev league because they don't think they are ready generally because the are 16/17. The last thing i want to do is play, however as the club has been desperate on occasions i have played. I'm certainly not allowing a kid to miss out on a game mate i can assure you of that. And i haven't gone too bad for an old bastard i might add. So maybe for once get your head out of your ass and look at the bigger picture instead of taking personal pot shots at me and our club. If you really gave a f*ck about Tassie footy you would agree.

Anyhow i'm more than happy to not play if it will help you sleep at night. I'm not afraid to reveal who i am Frankly, maybe show some balls and stop hiding behind your name?????

That just shows how stupid it is to turn the dleague into just another kids game. My Magpie work mate tells Glenorchy has a major problem with them having an u16 team playing U18's, and some old ex players playing some Dleague games for the same reason you mentioned above. I know NHCFC have players from the northern suburbs as well as the many private schools in the area. thats good for NHCFC, but its not real good for the competition & for some kids playing above where they should, & others not getting a game in their club. How is this allowed to occur?

Again its AFLTas showing they really dont give a stuff about Tassie footy. Why do they even exist if they are this illogical or just so plainly ridiculous? What is it with the health & safety aspect of all this? It'll get worse if their is no proper DLeague for clubs to draw from.

That just shows how stupid it is to turn the dleague into just another kids game. My Magpie work mate tells Glenorchy has a major problem with them having an u16 team playing U18's, and some old ex players playing some Dleague games for the same reason you mentioned above. I know NHCFC have players from the northern suburbs as well as the many private schools in the area. thats good for NHCFC, but its not real good for the competition & for some kids playing above where they should, & others not getting a game in their club. How is this allowed to occur?

Again its AFLTas showing they really dont give a stuff about Tassie footy. Why do they even exist if they are this illogical or just so plainly ridiculous? What is it with the health & safety aspect of all this? It'll get worse if their is no proper DLeague for clubs to draw from.

So why U21s? it will be another nail into the clubs futures. Why not U18s from juniors to TSL clubs as part of the dev pathway, and have 3 teams? Under 18s for development, seconds to help sustain the clubs and seniors as the premier comp? They are unlikely to be drafting from the older u21 group ? and where would older players go when they gett dropped or return from injury with the U21 version?

Couldn't have said it better myself Madmug. I think you will find all clubs down south are in the same position. Because it's called a development league, it turns away players that are 24-30 who are capable of playing seniors but not on a regular basis. So these players go back and play SFL or Old Scholars. Remembering you are only allowed to have a certain amount of players on your list, once you start getting injuries, lose players to rep and school footy (which happens for an 8 week block) the clubs really struggle to fill spots. You are then left with the problem of looking to play kids in the seniors who simply aren't ready for it. We have seen this at Lauderdale this year in the D League, we have kids playing D League who should be playing u/18's, due to lack of numbers they are forced up and it can actually set them back a year or two. On the flip side this does propel some players forward quickly as they can adapt. But you should be pushing these kids up because they are capable, not due to lack of numbers.

Ah retaliation, I think you used this defence of your mate in the Burnie incident.
16 or 17 year olds picking on the old blokes. The point of my post was the fact this is happening more at Lauderdale than any other club.

under 21 Hmmm i think afl tas want to bankrupt clubs in the tsl. revenue is required to run clubs. At the age of 21 a lot of parents etc don't come to watch their children, but at 25 odd ish age most young families are started around this point. So the comp looses a whole load of children moms and dads plus granny's and grandpas that follow the new family units around in a different comp. All this just makes the footy more enjoyable to watch with the influx of seasoned players at what is considered a lower level of footy. So it will be the reserves all over again. Some players don't find their feet until their twenties where they can be a senior player on a regular basis, which in turn will rob tsl of a whole load of people thru the turnstiles, and then strain the stocks of younger players in other age groups as said by still kicking and others. There must be someone that can look at this with a clear conscience and make the correct decision for the future. The TSL will not last if this is their way of running the competition. We need some high profile ex footballers/businessmen to get involved who actually understand how football clubs work. Hmmmm Very concerned for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back