Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Clarence out in straight sets :p, oh the pain at AFL Tasmania better give em some more salary cap room..... we can not have their Pet Team failing so miserabley, for heck sacks they not even the best team in the Clarence City Council Municaplity.

Well done Launceston traveled two weeks in a row to Boot Park and got the Job Done.

Give it a rest mate, you are embarrassing yourself. Do you honestly think AFL Tas give a stuff whether Clarence win or not. They are far more invested in the Launceston teams.

Give it a rest mate, you are embarrassing yourself. Do you honestly think AFL Tas give a stuff whether Clarence win or not. They are far more invested in the Launceston teams.

No they're not.

AFLTas hate NL as their president takes it up to them & always has. Launceston's President Thurlow resigned to stop AFLTas hurting them, so they get no favours. AFLTas bumboys at Prospect just exploded as they had nothing but a coach & a heap of AFLTas money & no one would play for them. Ha!!

Burnie & Devonport get spoon fed & they are still falling apart. Clarence & Lauderdale did well under Wade. They nearly destroyed NHCFC, they hate Glenorchy as their President also took it up to wade, They've done Kingston no favours either.

I think that about covers it. ;)

No they're not.

AFLTas hate NL as their president takes it up to them & always has. Launceston's President Thurlow resigned to stop AFLTas hurting them, so they get no favours. AFLTas bumboys at Prospect just exploded as they had nothing but a coach & a heap of AFLTas money & no one would play for them. Ha!!

Burnie & Devonport get spoon fed & they are still falling apart. Clarence & Lauderdale did well under Wade. They nearly destroyed NHCFC, they hate Glenorchy as their President also took it up to wade, They've done Kingston no favours either.

I think that about covers it. ;)

Take a Bex and have a lie down mate. Conspiracy theories will do your head in.

I am Happy to be an embarrassment when I see the Clarence Football Club slip and fail,
clip_image001.png
Clarence since SWL version 2.0 IMO have always been waived through when it comes to the Salary Cap....yeah AFL Tasmania always giving Launceston teams the leg up In all seriousness please give some examples. I will table this from last year.

AFL Tasmania chief Rob Auld defends Clarence in TSL salary cap stoush

So in the words of Roger Daltrey/Peter Townsewnd "Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

It going to be hard for either Lauderdale or Launceston to knock the North Launcestom team off at Home in the Grand Final, not impossible but gee NL price would be $1.40 to win one would think?

Last edited:
Oh the old North Launceston Robins have got the flag won already IMO.
Clarence out in straight sets, have looked quite suspect for awhile now for mine.
Launceston have been the surprise packet, gone along diligently and hit great form in the finals but still, I don't reckon will beat NL when it counts but they'll have a crack.
Lauderdale went forward in leaps and bounds last week and would've been chockers with confidence heading into today only to get donkey-smacked by nearly 100 points!
Even if they do happen to bounce back, the mental scars will still be there bigtime, similar to what North Hobart did to Hobart back in the '92 Qualifying Final by a similar margin.

Oh the old North Launceston Robins have got the flag won already IMO.
Clarence out in straight sets, have looked quite suspect for awhile now for mine.
Launceston have been the surprise packet, gone along diligently and hit great form in the finals but still, I don't reckon will beat NL when it counts but they'll have a crack.
Lauderdale went forward in leaps and bounds last week and would've been chockers with confidence heading into today only to get donkey-smacked by nearly 100 points!
Even if they do happen to bounce back, the mental scars will still be there bigtime, similar to what North Hobart did to Hobart back in the '92 Qualifying Final by a similar margin.
Launceston will travel for a third week straight to boot park, I would guess it is a big ask to beat Lauderdale, however as you mentioned how much of a scar will yesterday's defeat have on the Lauderdale team? Both victories for Launceston in the finals they have rebounded from a poor first quarter to get the victory. This will be Windy's aim to get the boys from the tip back up and running.

Launceston will travel for a third week straight to boot park, I would guess it is a big ask to beat Lauderdale, however as you mentioned how much of a scar will yesterday's defeat have on the Lauderdale team? Both victories for Launceston in the finals they have rebounded from a poor first quarter to get the victory. This will be Windy's aim to get the boys from the tip back up and running.

Well at least they're lucky enough to get out of Launceston for a while. :) (sorry that was too easy Ha!)

ANYWAY, I wonder what would have been more brutal for Lauderdale, the game last night?, or the trip home in the bus with Windy afterwards? ;)

Maybe the margin was a little bit surprising but not the result, had a massive two week build up into the Clarence game and something had to give in the end unfortunately, not sure how they'll go this week, Launceston are up and about so think it'll be close. If Lauderdale do advance, I think the mental scars will be too great.

Clarence out in straight sets again :p :p :p

Last edited:
I think as good as Lonnie have been through the finals, Lauderdale will more than likely bounce back to beat them given that it's at Bellerive. It'll be a pretty close game for the better part.
Travelling three weeks in a row is a seriously tough ask though.
If Lauderdale happen to make it through to the grand final, I don't see another 94 pointer happening but I think they'll be pushing the proverbial up hill to beat the Robinbombers, especially up there. I think North Launceston made the statement of all statements yesterday and Lauderdale knows it.

Well i have seen the best team at work again, north launny are by far the best at the moment. I cannot see anyone beating them, i was shocked with lauderdales performance i think they played their granny against clarence last week. Talking to some of the north faithful i posed the question should their be another team in the north and the all went on to say if there was it would weaken the launny teams too much. they would be happier with another team from the south. i asked what about the travelling factor and everyone seemed to think the only factor with it is the expense not the actual travelling aspect which surprised me. Lauderdale will be lucky to come up against launceston as they were all devastated about the loss. They clearly were shocked. the bus trip home apparently was better than everyone would think with nothing really happening apart from getting heads focused on the next week of training. Windy was disappointed and asked a few to reflect on their efforts with out being aggressive which surprised me as i would have expected a bit of a roast from the coach.

Well i guess Clarence will get some big name next year now that wingnut has retired. One would have thought that Stanton would have retired also. With no good full forward in the club they will be on the prowl for a starter for next year. Their shopping list will also include a ruck man, big full back as bailey has been shown up against mobile players to be honest when Clarence get beaten by a club that is full of youth it shows just how slow they are. Clarence need to rebuild using their youth as a am disappointed that they have basically used the same squad as last year, which has seen some good youth leave as they are not getting a go. Their 2s side is also pretty much the same as last year which shows their is only limited spots to go up as they certainly have their favorites they switch in and out. it will be interesting to see how many they drop back and how many will crack it and leave after playing all year to be outed by players who believed they would play in a senior grand final. "More on Clarence down the track."

Well i have seen the best team at work again, north launny are by far the best at the moment. I cannot see anyone beating them, i was shocked with lauderdales performance i think they played their granny against clarence last week. Talking to some of the north faithful i posed the question should their be another team in the north and the all went on to say if there was it would weaken the launny teams too much. they would be happier with another team from the south. i asked what about the travelling factor and everyone seemed to think the only factor with it is the expense not the actual travelling aspect which surprised me. Lauderdale will be lucky to come up against launceston as they were all devastated about the loss. They clearly were shocked. the bus trip home apparently was better than everyone would think with nothing really happening apart from getting heads focused on the next week of training. Windy was disappointed and asked a few to reflect on their efforts with out being aggressive which surprised me as i would have expected a bit of a roast from the coach.

Well i guess Clarence will get some big name next year now that wingnut has retired. One would have thought that Stanton would have retired also. With no good full forward in the club they will be on the prowl for a starter for next year. Their shopping list will also include a ruck man, big full back as bailey has been shown up against mobile players to be honest when Clarence get beaten by a club that is full of youth it shows just how slow they are. Clarence need to rebuild using their youth as a am disappointed that they have basically used the same squad as last year, which has seen some good youth leave as they are not getting a go. Their 2s side is also pretty much the same as last year which shows their is only limited spots to go up as they certainly have their favorites they switch in and out. it will be interesting to see how many they drop back and how many will crack it and leave after playing all year to be outed by players who believed they would play in a senior grand final. "More on Clarence down the track."
North & Launny have hit the jackpot with only 2 teams from the North. Doubt they will look at that question objectively.

On a different note, Mercury Cup/D -League game on GF Day relegated to opening match to kick the dew off the ground.

Womens League is the lead in to the main game.

Not sure I agree with it but perhaps shows what is thought of the Mercury Cup/D-League by those in charge?

North & Launny have hit the jackpot with only 2 teams from the North. Doubt they will look at that question objectively.

On a different note, Mercury Cup/D -League game on GF Day relegated to opening match to kick the dew off the ground.

Womens League is the lead in to the main game.

Not sure I agree with it but perhaps shows what is thought of the Mercury Cup/D-League by those in charge?

That's ridiculous, I have nothing against the women playing but its not great to watch, on the showcase day for the league I doubt it will encourage many to get there early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's ridiculous, I have nothing against the women playing but its not great to watch, on the showcase day for the league I doubt it will encourage many to get there early.

AFLTas have stupidly tried to make the W league sprint before it can even walk properly. With only 5 teams, Kingston failed to win a game, Burnie 4th won 2 & played a semi final. With only 3 competitive teams, they have shoved the W GF at 2pm on the saturday GF day, everything else around that prime spot. The W league is a baby. It needs s few seasons more to develop. It should've remained regional until it gets stronger.

I use to be agog at how stupid AFLTas can be, but this takes the cake for idiocy.

Some of the best games on GF Day in recent years has been the D-League game.
It's always good for a physical/competitive match.

It's unbelievable !
Way to soon to be the curtain Raiser at this stage in development, Have them starting the Day....oh no AFL Tasmania your done it again !

It's unbelievable !
Way to soon to be the curtain Raiser at this stage in development, Have them starting the Day....oh no AFL Tasmania your done it again !

They play at 2pm, after the D league, before the seniors at 4.30. just unbelievable. I doubt many will bother to go up for a 4.30 GF.

Anybody with any sort of brain would say give the W league a bit longer to develop. Dont over expose or pressure the product before it is ready. But they did & they have. Just stupid.

They play at 2pm, after the D league, before the seniors at 4.30. just unbelievable. I doubt many will bother to go up for a 4.30 GF.

Anybody with any sort of brain would say give the W league a bit longer to develop. Dont over expose or pressure the product before it is ready. But they did & they have. Just stupid.

They have brought all matches forward an hour. Still got the order wrong though.

They've done this in the SFL as well in the last few weeks and it's bloody annoying!
I have no qualms at all with the girls playing footy but it seems to have been pushed in amongst our matches by stealth and quite truthfully, it's s**t to watch.
The last two weeks the Colts finals have had to start at 8.45am as opposed to 10am and that leaves a gap between Colts and Reserves of a couple of hours and it hasn't helped the continuity at all, crowds seem to be bored and not showing up in great numbers.

Talking to some of the north faithful i posed the question should their be another team in the north and the all went on to say if there was it would weaken the launny teams too much. they would be happier with another team from the south.

That made me laugh.
Of course they dont want another team based in Launceston. They only have 2 teams, yet both are still alive in the finals and a chance that both play in the GF. Unless another side is based there, both will continue to get stronger and stronger and will continue to be successful on field.

That made me laugh.
Of course they dont want another team based in Launceston. They only have 2 teams, yet both are still alive in the finals and a chance that both play in the GF. Unless another side is based there, both will continue to get stronger and stronger and will continue to be successful on field.

If those two clubs are better for having one less TSL club in the region, then surely we'd be better off with a better funded 8 team competition?. Pretty obvious lesson from that I'd have thought.

If those two clubs are better for having one less TSL club in the region, then surely we'd be better off with a better funded 8 team competition?. Pretty obvious lesson from that I'd have thought.

I agree with your points, But thats along way off and may not ever happen. My point was while there are currently 2 teams based in Launceston and 5 in Hobart, the northern sides will have an advantage. Good luck to them.

In a perfect world either 4 south, 2 north, 2 coast.
Or 5 south, 3 north, 2 coast.
But end off the day as you said the AFL need to pump more $$$ into the competition and junior development.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back