Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
But Latrobe is too far for people from Burnie and the Circular Head to use. The Ovals are designed for the people on the NW to use, not Launny.

The Central Coast is in a great location for everyone on the Coast. It is similar to the NW Thunder, who play their games at Ulverstone.

plus the old Penguin Oval is in prime real estate, if you get my drift ;) with no room to improve it

Fine. So its for local sport then. It'll certainly put the two blues on the map!

Fine. So its for local sport then. It'll certainly put the two blues on the map!
Who else would it be for? It is for the whole of the NW, not for the people in Launny or Hobart. You wouldn't build a stadium in Brighton so its easier for the people of Launny to use.

Why would you want to give the people from Burnie an extra 1/2 when they are far more likely to use it regularly than people from Launny or Hobart.

I saw some diagrams of this on the Central Coast Council website some months ago. I just looked again & theirs a great UTube fly through visualisation of the facility. So good luck to Penguin.

I must say it would have been nice to see some upgrading of Devonport Oval & West Park. They are much bigger towns & much more utilised facilities. (Cricket, Football, Carnival athletics & cycling) Those two facilities are simply falling apart.

Otherwise they could have built something significant like that for the NW coast nearer Devonport which is close to Latrobe so its a bigger population areaa & more likely to attract people from Launceston & Hobart for events. That extra 1/2 hour or so, each way, makes a difference.

Anyway, its where it is, so good luck.
From a coastal point of view I think the location is good as it is central to both Burnie and Devonport and I hope that the Penguin ground can be developed into a really good facility for the whole North West Coast over the next few years. I agree with you comments about West Park and Devonport oval, they haven't changed for 50 years except for the new clubrooms at West Park which were only built because the council knocked the Dockers original clubrooms down to build a road to the new university site. The other issue with West Park and Devonport oval is the bike tracks, which will never be removed because cycling is popular on the coast and also the bike riding is a major part of the Christmas carnivals. I understand the council is doing major drainage works at West Park over the summer and although that will be welcome it needs a lot more upgrading than that.

Who else would it be for? It is for the whole of the NW, not for the people in Launny or Hobart. You wouldn't build a stadium in Brighton so its easier for the people of Launny to use.

Why would you want to give the people from Burnie an extra 1/2 when they are far more likely to use it regularly than people from Launny or Hobart.

Well it says for AFL & cricket. York Park & Bellerive are for the whole state. I would have thought such a facility would best suit AFL, Cricket, the NWC & to attract as many other people as possible that the east end of the coast, which is the most populated area, would have been a better place for such a development.
It matters not, like Bellerive, for better or worse, it is where it is. Thats that.

Well it says for AFL & cricket. York Park & Bellerive are for the whole state. I would have thought such a facility would best suit AFL, Cricket, the NWC & to attract as many other people as possible that the east end of the coast, which is the most populated area, would have been a better place for such a development.
It matters not, like Bellerive, for better or worse, it is where it is. Thats that.
you are not listening. It is in the perfect location for the people of the coast. A central location for both Burnie and Devonport plus all the people who live in between.

Im done. I am just repeating myself now.

you are not listening. It is in the perfect location for the people of the coast. A central location for both Burnie and Devonport plus all the people who live in between.

Im done. I am just repeating myself now.

I make a comment, then say it is where it is anyway. So then you chuck a mental even after Ive said it is a done deal!!!.

Whats the matter with you? Cant I make a point, discuss & then say it matters not because its done anyway? Its only an observation I made. If they want a stadium in every town then fine. What next, a hospital?? Everyone else wants one.

Whats with the attitude to a simple discussion?

I make a comment, then say it is where it is anyway. So then you chuck a mental even after Ive said it is a done deal!!!.

Whats the matter with you? Cant I make a point, discuss & then say it matters not because its done anyway? Its only an observation I made. If they want a stadium in every town then fine. What next, a hospital?? Everyone else wants one.

Whats with the attitude to a simple discussion?
don't crack the @#*$'s with me. That's attitude. Heck, I could say the same thing to you regarding that i said I was done but u then replied

I just mentioned that you didn't listen to me or Hawkboy regarding location. Have you ever lived on the Coast?

It's ironic that you mentioned hospitals and the NWC with everyone wanting one. because that is why the NWC now has 1 1/2 hospitals in Burnie and Latrobe (rightly or wrongly)

don't crack the @#*$'s with me. That's attitude. Heck, I could say the same thing to you regarding that i said I was done but u then replied

I just mentioned that you didn't listen to me or Hawkboy regarding location. Have you ever lived on the Coast?

It's ironic that you mentioned hospitals and the NWC with everyone wanting one. because that is why the NWC now has 1 1/2 hospitals in Burnie and Latrobe (rightly or wrongly)

Spitting the dummy with 'you're not listening' , 'I am done, I am just repeating myself now'.

Rather silly isn't it?

You didn't have to answer anything. It was just a point of discussion. I ended with 'It matters not, Thats that'. Wasn't that enough for you?

'Have you ever lived on the coast' Give me a fcn break.

Spitting the dummy with 'you're not listening' , 'I am done, I am just repeating myself now'.

Rather silly isn't it?

You didn't have to answer anything. It was just a point of discussion. I ended with 'It matters not, Thats that'. Wasn't that enough for you?

'Have you ever lived on the coast' Give me a fcn break.
:rolleyes:.

I will translate what i said.

"I am just repeating myself now', you're not listening' means the same thing. That i had written something, read it again and realised it was the same thing I HAD ALREADY WROTE!!!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

"I am done" is the same as That's that. I have finished the discussion......But as I/u have found out, that doesn't end the discussion. my original post was 4 sentences..... Not a massive discussion point.

You also added to that first post that this stadium should be used for the whole state, like York/Bellerive. <reinsert my point about Brighton> <reinsert that it is for the NWC residents firstly>That is what I was referring to!!!!!!!

Have you lived on the coast is a legit question. I know nothing of you or your knowledge of the area(bar u live in Hobart). Stop getting offended. I just found your thinking was just very strange and errr... "city like" for a lack of a better word.

:rolleyes:.

I will translate what i said.

"I am just repeating myself now', you're not listening' means the same thing. That i had written something, read it again and realised it was the same thing I HAD ALREADY WROTE!!!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

"I am done" is the same as That's that. I have finished the discussion......But as I/u have found out, that doesn't end the discussion. my original post was 4 sentences..... Not a massive discussion point.

You also added to that first post that this stadium should be used for the whole state, like York/Bellerive. <reinsert my point about Brighton> <reinsert that it is for the NWC residents firstly>That is what I was referring to!!!!!!!

Have you lived on the coast is a legit question. I know nothing of you or your knowledge of the area(bar u live in Hobart). Stop getting offended. I just found your thinking was just very strange and errr... "city like" for a lack of a better word.

'City like'!! hahaha!!

I didn't think you sounded 'Rural'. Certainly defensive. It was only a discussion point. Not worth blowing up over.

So dont repeat yourself then. But dont get shirty for no reason. No one made you answer or continue. Sheesh!

Kingborough have announced there new coach. Good luck to Trent Baumeler who has the gig.

Wasnt it reported last week in the mercury, they were hunting a coach with AFL experience? So what has happened in that time??

I know they were close to signing Colin Garland until he joined the Melbourne coaching panel, which would have been a great asset for club and competition.

Yes well done to Trent. Very good operator who will do well there.

The response from the now-ex president of Hobart City has been funny. Leads the club into 'technical insolvency' as 3 years as treasurer, has 80 paid up members at last years AGM, tries to change the goal posts on the constitution as president to allow members less rights at electing the board, loses a democratic election by 76% then whacks the incoming board over the head with every chance on social media despite portraying he will give 'every assistance' in the changeover. Painted a picture that passionate NH people are all nazis with horrendous values simply because they didnt agree with him, and eventually beat him with democratic people power. More salty than a bucket of hot chips from the Rydges wing kiosk

Yes. Totally unnecessary behaviour. He could have added to the clubs unity of purpose. Its about a team effort, not some gooses ego trip.

So sad & self defeating at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingborough have announced there new coach. Good luck to Trent Baumeler who has the gig.

Wasnt it reported last week in the mercury, they were hunting a coach with AFL experience? So what has happened in that time??

I know they were close to signing Colin Garland until he joined the Melbourne coaching panel, which would have been a great asset for club and competition.

I was just informed by a footy mate that the NL coach Tom Couch has gone back to Victoria.

Geez if they can't keep someone like him, what hope the rest of us.

Also Winter still at Lauderdale. I wonder what he has over them?

I was just informed by a footy mate that the NL coach Tom Couch has gone back to Victoria.

I got a bit of a surprise about Winter staying on as coach, I thought he might have called it quits. Good luck to Trent Baumeler at the Tigers he seems to be a pretty good option for them from what I have seen of him, he is a young coach with plenty of enthusiasm. Seems like there is a trend back to home grown coaches, probably finances dictating that a bit. It will be interesting to see whether locals are appointed for the 3 remaining jobs at North Launceston, North Hobart and Glenorchy. I think its important that the coaching group at any TSL club needs to include people with knowledge of the modern game as tactics and training methods are evolving so quickly these days.

I think the recent appointments and departures in the coaching stakes may tell you why Winter is the best man for the job.....

I got a bit of a surprise about Winter staying on as coach, I thought he might have called it quits. Good luck to Trent Baumeler at the Tigers he seems to be a pretty good option for them from what I have seen of him, he is a young coach with plenty of enthusiasm. Seems like there is a trend back to home grown coaches, probably finances dictating that a bit. It will be interesting to see whether locals are appointed for the 3 remaining jobs at North Launceston, North Hobart and Glenorchy. I think its important that the coaching group at any TSL club needs to include people with knowledge of the modern game as tactics and training methods are evolving so quickly these days.

Bear Robinson has already been appointed coach of North Hobart.

Taylor Whitford odds on for the North Launceston job.

Bear Robinson has already been appointed coach of North Hobart.

Taylor Whitford odds on for the North Launceston job.

We were a bit surprised Bear got the job. A great guy. Lots of footy experience & will get on with the players & they'll play for him.

We're just not sure he brings enough footy knowledge to the club. Time will tell I guess, & good luck yo him, but we would have liked some higher level experience in the job. Maybe a playing coach, given that its such a young list.

So NL & G to go. Maybe just G given Taylor Whitfords position. The only thing we've heard of certainty is past player & ex Kingston coach Nathan Henley is in for the job at KGV. My magpie mate said another G past player who applied some years ago for the job & recons he might apply again?? Anyway I guess we'll soon find out.

Yes. Totally unnecessary behaviour. He could have added to the clubs unity of purpose. Its about a team effort, not some gooses ego trip.

So sad & self defeating at that.
Sounds EXACTLY like Phillip Baker when he was Hobart president.
Perhaps THE most unlikeable person I ever met in football over 40+ years.

I see Glenorchy have announced their coach for 2018. According to 'the muckery' it's Paul Kennedy. A guy with a lot of VFL experience. My Magpie mate was surprised. He'd not heard anything about him. So the club kept it under wraps pretty well.;)

That leaves NL to go. Taylor Whitford is the papers front runner it seems.

I see Glenorchy have announced their coach for 2018. According to 'the muckery' it's Paul Kennedy. A guy with a lot of VFL experience. My Magpie mate was surprised. He'd not heard anything about him. So the club kept it under wraps pretty well.;)

That leaves NL to go. Taylor Whitford is the papers front runner it seems.
Looks like Kennedy will be the only non-local coach which indicates to me that clubs just don't have the money to import coaches anymore. I suppose once the coaching appointments are all made we will turn our attention to recruits for each club. From a coastal point of view I haven't heard much about Devonport's recruiting but I'm sure they are working hard in their local area trying to bring some new players onto their list. They have lost their 2 best players in Thorpe and Riley plus a few others I think so they will have some gaps to fill. Brayden Hayes has returned to the Dockers and will be real asset to them and I think they are chasing a few more experienced local players to supplement their young talent so they should start their climb back up the ladder next season.

Is AFL TAS going to stop the drain on players from the TSL. It appears if you can make a bit of a name for yourself that the lesser comps seem to be able to offer more money than the highest comp in TAS.

I was in the pub tonight and heard a "rumor" and it could be just that, but this years Mathew Richardson medalist is leaving the Clarence football club after one year at senior football and supposedly going to play for the old rainbows (uni), and Mr Webberly is supposed to be furious that it is happening. If this is true, then why is money available to TSL so pitiful surely we want to see the better players playing state wide as apposed to regional footy. Just doesn't make sense.

Is AFL TAS going to stop the drain on players from the TSL. It appears if you can make a bit of a name for yourself that the lesser comps seem to be able to offer more money than the highest comp in TAS.

I was in the pub tonight and heard a "rumor" and it could be just that, but this years Mathew Richardson medalist is leaving the Clarence football club after one year at senior football and supposedly going to play for the old rainbows (uni), and Mr Webberly is supposed to be furious that it is happening. If this is true, then why is money available to TSL so pitiful surely we want to see the better players playing state wide as apposed to regional footy. Just doesn't make sense.

As if AFL Tas really give a rats bum about Tasmanian football. Its the AFL branch office. They want a few draft picks. They want AFL teams to make money out of Tasmania.

Who knows about that young lad, but its not an unusual situation.

The AFL eliminated transfer fees to make it easier for their 'preferred' competitions in the VFL & NEAFL to recruit for free. The 'cost' of development is left to Tasmanian clubs. They keep the salary cap low so we cant recruit or keep players, even from regional footy.

If clubs can't recruit the odd player with AFL/VFL experience, nor Coaches with that sort of experience, our football will stagnate even more than now. How do players learn & improve with coaches & fitness coaches who have no real experience or exposure to the cutting edge of the game.??

Its remarkable Glenorchy could recruit a young up & coming coach with good VFL credentials. All clubs should be looking at that sort of situation. AFL Tas should be focusing on helping clubs get that sort of quality & experience as our club coaches. Maybe It also says Glenorchy are better run than some other clubs. But the current TSL situation for many clubs is not sustainable. Most clubs may as well go back & play regional football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back