Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
But the current TSL situation for many clubs is not sustainable. Most clubs may as well go back & play regional football.

madmug, how true those words are going to be down the track. statewide is in real trouble, talking to a cuz at Nrth hobart and he seemed to think that its inevitable to fold like it did before. Wouldn't it be nice if afl tas helped all clubs attract a vfl type of coach like - couch etc. They are up to date with game style and they seem to have impact on every one around them. Rather than doing what Clarence did by getting a old player near his end, like wingnut who in my opinion was only filling his pockets for two years. It looks like that tsl is going the way of the Tasmanian tiger slowly disappearing until its only a memory. aghh well soccer will be there in force.

just having a tea break and read this from tom couch.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/5046076/couch-leaves-pleased-but-has-some-advice/

pretty good read i thought.

Yep, pretty insightful and balanced account. Its patently obvious to those from elsewhere once they experience the TSL / AFLT debacle. Never see this in the Mukery though. Especially liked the assessment on the age lowering impacts. Will no doubt cop the standard rebuke from those in charge.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/5046076/couch-leaves-pleased-but-has-some-advice/

Especially his comments on the Tribunal.

I feel somewhat vindicated. Our little groups have said we need an 8 team competition. It should always have been 8 clubs.

Forget the stupid under 21 idea as a development/reserves league. Clubs are more than some silly bluddie pathway thing. They are organic creations that are made up of & exist in their community. They need to be operated as 'clubs', not just as some childs development program. We did this some years ago & it damaged the clubs.

With the right quality coaching & fitness coaches, the kids will develop. A kid getting a game because he's a kid & theirs no one else, is of no value to him or the kid.

It all makes you wonder how these people 'running' our game can keep a straight face. We are seeing the same problems in this competition we saw in the last TSL. Did they learn anything at all from that? Did they learn anything from the mess they made of the Tassie Devils? When will we get administrators that actually care about the game? And are seen to do some positive things?

The tribunal were a disgrace. Watching some of the vision & how some players got off, was sickening. The vision was their for all to see.

this is Tom Couch
MRP/TRIBUNAL
“I had three state coaches call me on the Monday of the grand final to warn me that Lauderdale were going to go the biff.

“I already knew that and the coaches’ message an hour before the game was for us to stand under them, take it and not to retaliate.

“I’m a bit disappointed that it’s taken a bit of attention from the match and Lauderdale has copped their far whack, but those at the TSL have to take some, if not more, responsibility for what took place.

“Lauderdale had four players reported in round 1, three got a reprimand and the other one got off.

“Nathan Jackson playing his first game suffered a broken nose through a stray elbow from Max Kleverkamp.

“I witnessed the end of that action and saw Jacko go to ground, we reported the incident and it went to the tribunal but is was thrown out on a lack of evidence.

“Darren Winter and Bryce Walsh testified and I’ve got no dramas with that, the TV footage didn’t capture the whole incident so they threw it out video evidence.

“If you actually watch the video you can see the player with ball in hand, then you’ve got Bryce Walsh on Brad Cox-Goodyer looking where the ball is.

“When you hear the outcry of the crowd you see Walsh along with Coxy turn to see what happened, therefore Bryce clearly didn’t see what happened but was allowed to testify to say he saw the whole thing.

“When I mentioned that they just laughed it off. The match review panel in the TSL is the competition’s biggest problem.

“That was actually the lowest moment in my career, I felt physically sick for three days. It’s a disgrace and from that moment on I lost all trust in the match review panel and respect for anyone involved.

“You’ve got to change the people involved – it’s just not working and it’s completely outdated. It needs to be consistent, the media coverage around the MRP and tribunal is appalling, I’ve never seen one competition so obsessed with it and it’s embarrassing.

r0_0_5568_3712_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

KEY MOMENT: Young gun Bomber Tom Donnelly defends himself against Lauderdale's Thor Boscott on the wing before the start of the grand final at UTAS Stadium.

“It should be about the talent that’s on show and the first thing you see on the news shouldn’t be about what’s happened at the tribunal.

“If you give them a punishment that equals the crime, it’s not so much about punishing them, but educating them and saying that ‘this kind of behaviour is unacceptable’.

“At the moment, the match review panel seems more than comfortable handing out reprimands for statistics that say ‘we found another player guilty’.

“Those actions need to be weeded out and if you do, what happened in the grand final is less likely to happen.

“The warning signs were there for the TSL to stamp it out and I don’t think they did that.”

an d Lauderdale reappointed the thug

Some great thoughts especially about the size of the League, why the hell when they rebooted State-wide Football they went for a 10-team set up was stretching it too far ? allways should of been 8 oh well stuck with 9 teams now. Should make Tom Couch CEO of AFL Tasmania after Scott Wade and the Cheesemaker we need to do something ! We all had our say on Scott Wade but the Cheesemaker is just treading water while the game drowns!

Damming critic of the Tribunal as well with most of it justified IMO.

Last edited:
Some great thoughts especially about the size of the League, why the hell when they rebooted State-wide Football they went for a 10-team set up was stretching it too far ? allways should of been 8 oh well stuck with 9 teams now. Should make Tom Couch CEO of AFL Tasmania after Scott Wade and the Cheesemaker we need to do something ! We all had our say on Scott Wade but the Cheesemaker is just treading water while the game drowns!

Damming critic of the Tribunal as well with most of it justified IMO.

Damning of AFL Tasmania full stop. The list of failures is damning. It needs a real clean out like Tas cricket just got.

Geez our pub group & so many others flagged this stuff during the first State league. Same with the stupidity of the reserves under 21s. Same with the mess they made of the Tassie devils.
They messed up the South Launceston/Western Storm/Hawks/Prospect thing. They buggered up the Hobart/North Hobart thing. They were totally inconsistent having Clarence & Lauderdale.
they run the place in an ad hoc manner. Its always been about looking after 'mates'.

I was hoping for better with the Cheese maker. So far he looks like another Roger Hampson or Barry Breen. Seems like just here for the money & a step to somewhere else.

is it that hard to find someone who cares about community sport & not just suck AFL reproductive bits??

They should listen to his comments. Couch isn't a angry ex employee with a axe to grind.

Glad he spoke about the competition and highlighted the problems that continue to occur.

Unfortunately nothing will change.

The next thing is we will have 1 kid drafted and they will call it a positive and how great the competition is.

They should listen to his comments. Couch isn't a angry ex employee with a axe to grind.

Glad he spoke about the competition and highlighted the problems that continue to occur.

The next thing is we will have 1 kid drafted and they will call it a positive and how great the competition is.
I was also very impressed with Tom Couch's comments about the problems with the TSL. His honest assessment of the MRP should be a massive wake up call to all at AFL Tas but I doubt that it will be. Just about everyone who fronted the tribunal got off and turned the tribunal into a farce, umpires and the footy public would witness reportable offences then find out the offender got off all together or just got a reprimand (their favourite "penalty"). Then there was also the issue of some favourite players being found not guilty time after time which raised further doubts about the credibility of the tribunal. The whole MRP needs a massive makeover as Tom Couch said.

On the money.
The AFL is a franchise and AFL Tasmania is branch office of that franchise.
AFL Tasmania nor the AFL itself have any emotional or vested interest in the care of our sport at any level be it TSL, SFL, OSFA, NTFA, NWFL, STJFL, NTJFL or any other such organisation.
They don't have any interest in the long histories of any of the clubs, have no interest in the communities that support them each week, have no interest in the volunteers that make our sport tick over every week, have no interest in 98% of the players involved, have no interest in trying to get reasonable attendances back to football at all levels, have no interest in seeing each competition being well administered and being a more stable and level playing field.
Their only interest is having nice little job titles for themselves, nice comfortable air-conditioned offices at Bellerive, the fat pay cheque that goes with it, the company vehicle and all the other little perks that come along.
They have absolutely no skill nor any proper investment in the sport other than to gain a draft pick or two out of the state to be seen to be "doing the right things" with the sport in the state.
The level of mishandling of each area that they actually have been involved with is diabolical. Their decision-making process is embarrassing and due dillegence is never followed. Corruption and nepotism has been rampant.
They couldn't run a marketable team like the Devils with any degree of skill, they took over the running of junior football some years ago and totally hashed it and eventually they had it taken off of them.
This insistance on making up franchise "clubs" does not work in Tasmania, has never worked and will never work. Blindly, they push on.
The statewide league is a disaster, it could've been very positive but other than three or four teams, it is mostly non-competitive for the better part, just like the old TFL was in its latter days. Crowds and public interest is lacking although the standard of the top teams is extremely good.
The SFL is even more laughable, rudderless administration, lopsided contests where one or two clubs are constantly allowed to hog all the best players (Salary cap? What's that?) and the rest get the crumbs, abysmal lack of promotion, almost no sponsorship, funding is minimal to non-existant, crowds have been on a steep decline for many years and the same lopsided results have been occurring for the past seven or eight years, unabated.
A president that's only there to have a few photos taken and actively admits to knowing nothing about football, the recent SFL Grand Final was the most unprofessional I've seen of any grand final I've witnessed and the crowd was the second lowest in 20 years, luckily the match was a good one.

Things won't change. The attitude's not there and that's plain to see.

I have heard that things at North Hobart aren't great with regards player numbers. There was a meeting Wednesday night and it was mostly younger players with 4-5 of this years seniors. Anyone have any news on this?

I have heard that things at North Hobart aren't great with regards player numbers. There was a meeting Wednesday night and it was mostly younger players with 4-5 of this years seniors. Anyone have any news on this?

I thought changing the name back was meant to automatically return them to their glory days of years gone by? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought changing the name back was meant to automatically return them to their glory days of years gone by? :rolleyes:

How long after changing colours from the Geelong style to the Essendon style did Lauderdale wait for 'success'?

Oh thats right, They haven't won anything. ;)

One Grandfinal for one embarrassing flogging, thats it!!!! I guess it gives the coach something to work on, less his 6 game suspension of course. :)

NHFC has gotten its history back & supporters have come on board. It takes time to get finances & player quality & experience up after the mess left by the AFLTas appointees. At least things are now headed in the right direction.

How long after changing colours from the Geelong style to the Essendon style did Lauderdale wait for 'success'?

Oh thats right, They haven't won anything. ;)

One Grandfinal for one embarrassing flogging, thats it!!!! I guess it gives the coach something to work on, less his 6 game suspension of course. :)

NHFC has gotten its history back & supporters have come on board. It takes time to get finances & player quality & experience up after the mess left by the AFLTas appointees. At least things are now headed in the right direction.

Awww did I hurt your poor little red and blue feelings so you had to retaliate like a child?

You try to stir shyte, I make a fool of you're comment & you pretend to make another smarty pants comment. I think others on here see who the child is.

You fell for it hook line and sinker buddy, like you always do, shorts odds would have been taken you'd fire back with anti Lauderdale and Winter comments, its all you have in your armour, its boring and quite pathetic really.

You fell for it hook line and sinker buddy, like you always do, shorts odds would have been taken you'd fire back with anti Lauderdale and Winter comments, its all you have in your armour, its boring and quite pathetic really.

I fell for 'it'. What was 'it'?

All I saw was stupid comment after childish comment.

Have you any interesting or useful comments to make? Anything at all?

I fell for 'it'. What was 'it'?

All I saw was stupid comment after childish comment.

Have you any interesting or useful comments to make? Anything at all?

A light hearted dig at North Hobart pal, but you obviously cant handle it, so like a child would, you had to throw barbs back at the club I support, its pathetic, but so predictable.

A light hearted dig at North Hobart pal, but you obviously cant handle it, so like a child would, you had to throw barbs back at the club I support, its pathetic, but so predictable.

im pleased you feel so clever.

lts funny how the reaction is so different when others discuss the myriad of Lauderdale issues in a 'light hearted' way.

I think we're all aware of your 'sense of humour'.

im pleased you feel so clever.

lts funny how the reaction is so different when others discuss the myriad of Lauderdale issues in a 'light hearted' way.

I think we're all aware of your 'sense of humour'.

You don't get it pal, I can stick up for my club without resorting to insults towards another. Its your only defence, bring someone else down.

You don't get it pal, I can stick up for my club without resorting to insults towards another. Its your only defence, bring someone else down.

And your comment was meant to what? You say a light hearted dig? How is anyone to understand thats your version of humour, given your usual tone of posting?

I mean you throw in a jibe & expect people to see that as humour?

I dont see any humour coming from you about Lauderdale at any time. You're usually ultra defensive.

So if is the new you, I'll respect that. But you need to be more consistently & obviously 'light hearted'.

And your comment was meant to what? You say a light hearted dig? How is anyone to understand thats your version of humour, given your usual tone of posting?

I mean you throw in a jibe & expect people to see that as humour?

I dont see any humour coming from you about Lauderdale at any time. You're usually ultra defensive.

So if is the new you, I'll respect that. But you need to be more consistently & obviously 'light hearted'.

You still don't get it, whether it was humour or not, the post wasn't even in response to you, yet you couldn't help but chime in with with a crack against the club I follow, by all means if you feel the need to defend your club, go ahead, but like always, you chose the childish option.

Now leave it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back