Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
KingPin was the Neville Hill 40 match ban originally a lot longer? and he took it to an apeal and got a reduction. Maybe he was he represented by a QC?, 38 years ago memory a bit hazy ?

Steven Rattray how many TSL clubs did he end up playing for. I thought more than the three listed..nearly as many as Wayne Fox across TFL TSL at four Glen,NN,HOB,SB? now there was a guy along with older brother Graeme who would of racked up a few suspensions in the Day!

Neville Hill got banned for three and half years and was ineligible to play until about Round 1, 1984 from memory.
Got it reduced to being suspended until 31 December 1982. Totalled up to 40 matches.

Steven Rattray played at North Hobart, then was at Sandy Bay for a few seasons, got cleared to Hobart and played in 1996 and hardly got on the ground with injury and left with 40 other players in the mass exodus that spelt the death knell of the Tigers in the TFL.
Think he ended up in the Old Scholars for a brief period as well.

Wayne Fox played at Glenorchy (1975-1977), Footscray (1978), Glenorchy (1979-1980), New Norfolk (1981-1985), Hobart (1986-1989), South Launceston (1990 for half a season), Sandy Bay (1990 for the second half of the season) and was still on their list in 1991 but ended playing in the Huon for several years after that with Huonville, Kingston and Franklin. Ended his days at Claremont playing under his brother Graeme as coach in 1998.
You're right with that, would love to know how many he had. Don't recall him getting too many in his time at Hobart though ironically.

I know he was suspended for 7 weeks last year for a tackle that could have potentially made a Launceston player a quadriplegic. If you don’t believe that ask Sam Lonergan, he has some pretty strong opinions on the dangerous tackle. On a seperate matter, as a TSL coach I don’t think you should be making comment on your own players and tribunal outcomes under a pseudonym on big footy.

I think Lonergan is correct with his comment.

HOWEVER, after looking at the MRP reviews on youtube, Lonergan featured in incidents where he 'took out' a player who had his head over the ball. Incidentally it was the same player twice in 2 different games!

The first 'hit' was blatant, the second not so, but was still unnecessary & dangerous. So talk about a bloody hypocrite. He has a cheek saying anything at all really.

I know he was suspended for 7 weeks last year for a tackle that could have potentially made a Launceston player a quadriplegic. If you don’t believe that ask Sam Lonergan, he has some pretty strong opinions on the dangerous tackle. On a seperate matter, as a TSL coach I don’t think you should be making comment on your own players and tribunal outcomes under a pseudonym on big footy.

I don't believe he did comment on the tribunal outcome! Reading between the lines i''d say who every it was (probably from lauderdale) knows what the player has been suspended for which suggests he is not what he is being labelled as on here and other social media posts.

So that guy Roberts got his 2 weeks dangerous tackle upheld. That put him over the 16 weeks suspension before a major suspension becomes warranted.

Despite the rubbish from some, a correct decision was reached. His obvious 'over the top' behaviour got him where he is. Its no ones fault but his own.

The talk of a life suspension was pretty drastic. Thankfully he's been given a chance to think about how he behaves when playing the game.

12 months is hard, but fare IMO. He gets another chance. I hope that time off isn't wasted. We must minimise unnecessary & dangerous actions on the field. Because If the AFL authorities don't control such things, the law courts would. No one wants that.

Really If you've not learned this after a 6 week suspension last year & a career 15 weeks of suspensions in total before this incident, then he can't be very bright.

A good 'rest' & think is what is needed. I hope he does learn & just uses his sporting ability & avoids violent play. He'll be better for it.

I"m pretty sure i never commented on the suspension??? Happy to be proven wrong, but i know i didn't. I also believe if you lift players in a tackle you put them and yourself in a dangerous position, as do a lot of other things we do in our game. My point is that i know Jordy, i also know what the other two suspensions were for hence why i'm defending him when people sit on social media and judge with no factual knowledge.

I have seen players get a lot less for indiscretions in football which have resulted in serious injury to the opposing players. All you look for as a coach, player and a supporter of football is fair treatment for all.

Do i have any disagreements on that?

I have seen players get a lot less for indiscretions in football which have resulted in serious injury to the opposing players. All you look for as a coach, player and a supporter of football is fair treatment for all.

I have to agree with you still kickin i have seen first hand as a trainer a few injuries that went thru to the keeper unnoticed even though players were carried off or even on a stretcher. Even the ones that were seen sometimes given the benefit of not sure approach with light suspensions, players missing games through injury from careless actions is just not on.

Also i agree there is no place for thuggery and yes duty of care is paramount, no doubt about that. Not that i think the tackle was thuggery, i really believe it was a poor choice. Hence the phrase "if you choose you will probably loose". and that's probably where its at.

Tips
Glenorchy 27 pts
N Laun 49 pts
Launceston 118 pts
You guys have been sold a pup with Launceston. Im picking them tomorrow through grated teeth but it could be less than 30. Glenorchy by who cares and North Launceston will smash the Tigers, by 60 plus.
Kingston NO chance of playing in September.

Today's results: Saturday, 7th April.

North Launceston 13.14 (92)
Lauderdale 4.6 (30)
At UTAS Stadium.

Launceston 21.21 (147)
North Hobart 2.4 (16)
At Windsor Park.

Glenorchy 22.15 (147)
Lauderdale 9.13 (67)
At KGV Oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite as expected. North Launy & Launy apart. Lauderdale hardly fired a shot.
Decimated with suspensions/injuries and so forth at the moment so you'd reckon they'll make a big comeback from towards the back half of the season. Would pretty much guarantee to cost them any hope of a top three chance. North Hobart and Kingborough wont make the five. North Launceston vs the rest anyway really.

Decimated with suspensions/injuries and so forth at the moment so you'd reckon they'll make a big comeback from towards the back half of the season. Would pretty much guarantee to cost them any hope of a top three chance. North Hobart and Kingborough wont make the five. North Launceston vs the rest anyway really.

Wouldn't be writing the Tigers off from 5th spot, will be competing with Lauderdale for it and they would need improve a heap.

So the final five is basically decided after two rounds
the two teams to miss out will be
Kingston
North Hobart
Or maybe Lauderdale after playing off last year. I think they will have the tigers covered....going to be a long year for the Demons.

So the final five is basically decided after two rounds
the two teams to miss out will be
Kingston
North Hobart
Or maybe Lauderdale after playing off last year. I think they will have the tigers covered....going to be a long year for the Demons.
There is not much interest in the makeup of the five thats for sure. It hasn't suprised me that Lauderdale have slipped a bit and it will be interesting to see how Glenorchy go against North this week. If they get towelled up by North it wont be a good look for the comp. I think just about everyone agrees it would take a miracle for it not to be a North v Launy GF and I think Launy will get better as the year goes on and I am tipping them to win the flag.

There is not much interest in the makeup of the five thats for sure. It hasn't suprised me that Lauderdale have slipped a bit and it will be interesting to see how Glenorchy go against North this week. If they get towelled up by North it wont be a good look for the comp. I think just about everyone agrees it would take a miracle for it not to be a North v Launy GF and I think Launy will get better as the year goes on and I am tipping them to win the flag.

I don't think it takes much imagination from us to see NL v Launy in the GF. I think NL by how far.

Its a bit early to write off Ldale from the top 3 or 4 places yet. Not that it matters. However Saturday was a real low for them. Both ressies & ones were pumped. My Magpie mate was astonished just how poor they were. I said its only early, give them some time. It'll also be interesting to see how their NT lads go when it gets real cold.
NH are in bother. Just starting to improve last year with a developing list, they lose good players to Kingston, who have plenty of kids of their own, & its back to square one. Thats not good for NH supporters, sponsors & finances, nor the league.

I don't think it takes much imagination from us to see NL v Launy in the GF. I think NL by how far.

Its a bit early to write off Ldale from the top 3 or 4 places yet. Not that it matters. However Saturday was a real low for them. Both ressies & ones were pumped. My Magpie mate was astonished just how poor they were. I said its only early, give them some time. It'll also be interesting to see how their NT lads go when it gets real cold.
NH are in bother. Just starting to improve last year with a developing list, they lose good players to Kingston, who have plenty of kids of their own, & its back to square one. Thats not good for NH supporters, sponsors & finances, nor the league.
So why did the young players leave North Hobart? were they more from the Sandy Bay Faction in the Hobart Demons? I take it clearances etc are just a rubber stamp these days.

It is certainly not in the leagues interest too have a team that is thrashed week after week, and in the last few years said clubs it usually the catalyst for that team to walk out of the SWL and go join a Regional League.

So why did the young players leave North Hobart? were they more from the Sandy Bay Faction in the Hobart Demons? I take it clearances etc are just a rubber stamp these days.

It is certainly not in the leagues interest too have a team that is thrashed week after week, and in the last few years said clubs it usually the catalyst for that team to walk out of the SWL and go join a Regional League.

The NH ressies coach went to Kingston as senior coach. Some players followed. It is a pity. Kingston is a growing area with a lot of good kids. So its not that they were short of developing talent. Kingston too have been the victim of that sort of thing. Clarence lured some of the Kingston players a few years ago. HN players too have been sucked into going to Clarence over the journey. We all know how that worked with the AFLTas GM at the time. :(

Tasmania Southern Australian Premier League.
Caremont
Clarence
Glenorchy District
Kingston
Laurderdale
New Norfolk
North Hobart
Linndisfarne.?..

Who knows in if another club were to leave SWL then the above could be a draft of a alternative league? Mighf need a bit of tinkering.

Tasmania Southern Australian Premier League.
Caremont
Clarence
Glenorchy District
Kingston
Laurderdale
New Norfolk
North Hobart
Linndisfarne.?..

Who knows in if another club were to leave SWL then the above could be a draft of a alternative league? Mighf need a bit of tinkering.
There seems to be enough determination on the part of the remaining TSL clubs to retain a statewide competition in some shape or form and there is no doubt the standard is higher than regional football but regional footy also has its good points in terms of less travel and gives supporters the chance to watch their favourite team every week. The current TSL model is looking pretty ugly and unworkable going forward in my opinion and AFL Tas would already know that the only way they have any chance to get any North West participation is to go to a North/South conference. Four clubs in the north and four in the south seems to be many peoples favourite model but I am wondering whether 6 in each region might work better. I know it will dilute the talent a bit but it gives the opportunity for more home games for teams in their home region. Two full home and away rounds in each region equals 10 games then one full crossover round. The roster could be arranged so that the northern teams played 3 games in the south and 3 games against the 3 other southern teams in the home region meaning only 3 north/south trips for all clubs and this could be reversed each season and would end up with a total of 16 games and then maybe there could be a couple of extra games where the sides in each region played each other for third time to make an 18 game roster. In the south they would only have to add one side to make six teams and that would probably be New Norfolk. In the North it would be Launceston, North Launceston and maybe South Launceston. On the coast it could be Burnie, Devonport and Ulverstone. The problems on the coast would be whether 3 teams would be sustainable and the real big problem is that it would rip the heart out of the NWFL which nobody wants to see happen. This may not be popular but its just an idea.

I have believed and have stated that Statewide League reboot in 2009 should of been 8 teams
4 Southern, 2 Northern and 2 North West 2
However Hawkboy's model of 12 teams and two conference 6 South 3 North and 3 North West is more balanced than the 10 team model that was launched.
And would of worked better for the NW clubs especially, pretty sure an Ulverstone team would of been able to compete from the start and maybe you could of had that Kingston or Huon side as the sixth Southern team, unfortunately Scott Wade and crew made a boo boo from the start !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back