Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Has anybody else heard this? The things you hear around town... extremely reliable source as well. Wouldn't post it if I thought it was bulls***
Scott Wade has contacted both a recently delisted AFL player and an established senior player from Lauderdale about playing for Hobart in 2013. Is this bloke serious? No matter how much of a vested interest they reckon they have in this whole process, you can not, as the CEO of the league, work for one club against the 9 others in the TSL! Imagine the uproar if Demetriou was found to be recruiting players to play for Port! Shows how much they are absolutely sh**ting themselves about Hobart's on field prospects next year and how that might reasonate into the makeup/establishment of the Hobart city team in 2014. They cynic in me thinks that they wanted desperately to get this going next year due to Hobart's awful on field position, and forgot to read the fine print on the document they signed in 2009 pledging to keep the make up of the TSL the same for the first 5 years to encourage long term 'stability'. F***, hasnt that gone well! Things are real stable Scott, well done!

Isnt that what Andrew Demetriou did do?? Gary Ablett, Karmichael Hunt, Izzy folau?

They cynic in me thinks that they wanted desperately to get this going next year due to Hobart's awful on field position, and forgot to read the fine print on the document they signed in 2009 pledging to keep the make up of the TSL the same for the first 5 years to encourage long term 'stability'. F***, hasnt that gone well! Things are real stable Scott, well done!
Given the way they have been publicly denigrating Hobart and the TCA for the last couple of years, and then the debacle around this new club I think its fair to say AFL Tas are primarily responsible for the on-field mess Hobart is in. Why would any player go to a club that the league ad clearly targeted for removal or extinction at least two years ago.
The whole thing really is a shambles, but there is no outlet for clubs or the few remaining fans to force a change. And if any club tried it, as other shave said when the situation has been questioned, that club would find itself on the end of an AFL Tas media barrage tobring them down.

Isnt that what Andrew Demetriou did do?? Gary Ablett, Karmichael Hunt, Izzy folau?

Well no not really. In the case of Izzy and Hunt, there wasn't any other clubs contending for their services, because no other clubs wanted them, only trying to attract them to the new franchises for a bit of marketing pull. he wasnt campaigning for one club over another for an established quality player like he has with Hobart.

Well no not really. In the case of Izzy and Hunt, there wasn't any other clubs contending for their services, because no other clubs wanted them, only trying to attract them to the new franchises for a bit of marketing pull. he wasnt campaigning for one club over another for an established quality player like he has with Hobart.

AFL Tas are already showing they have a vested interest in the success of the new inner city club. They are starting now by recruiting players for selected clubs. The other southern clubs will be getting worried. All their hard work will come to nix.

Great Mercury article on Webberley today. Made it sound like SW's further interference obo certain clubs is simply a standard, accepted practice. Thought the journo might have put the torch on that one but sadly not to be. Looks like its not the TSL anymore after all, it really is going back to the SWL (that is, the Scott W-League).

Great Mercury article on Webberley today. Made it sound like SW's further interference obo certain clubs is simply a standard, accepted practice. Thought the journo might have put the torch on that one but sadly not to be. Looks like its not the TSL anymore after all, it really is going back to the SWL (that is, the Scott W-League).

I read the article last night. I think Webberley said too much & Wadey's comments were a real back peddle!! No No not me!!!
Its pretty clear how much AFL Tas are looking after some favorite clubs now.
It doesnt matter anyway. Sponsors & supporters are walking away from the local game. Thanks AFL Tas. (Thats from the SFL:p)

Clarence would almost go into favouritism for the flag with Jez coming back.

Clarence would almost go into favouritism for the flag with Jez coming back.

Its more likely they would be seen as a favorite for the flag because AFL Tas are working for them. Going over to recruit him & giving him a job etc etc. AFLTas probably want the GF at Bellerive next year. They are so on the nose down here they probably think having the GF will give the league a boost. I think its too late for that.

u serious? because of one bloke who can run on a wing?
Because of getting the best player in the competition back? You mustn't have seen him before he got drafted. Please watch more footy.

Because of getting the best player in the competition back? You mustn't have seen him before he got drafted. Please watch more footy.
Are you serious? I would rate webberley about the same as a Rhys long from the old devils days.he got delisted by Richmond for a reason,simply not up to afl standard. He was hyped up by afl tas, who were desperate to get someone drafted out of the tsl and Richmond fell for it. Will and has always been a good tsl player, but to say he's the best player in the league is a massive reach.

Are you serious? I would rate webberley about the same as a Rhys long from the old devils days.he got delisted by Richmond for a reason,simply not up to afl standard. He was hyped up by afl tas, who were desperate to get someone drafted out of the tsl and Richmond fell for it. Will and has always been a good tsl player, but to say he's the best player in the league is a massive reach.
I saw every single game from the year that he was drafted. I urge you to tell me who you think was better. I'd love to know.

I saw every single game from the year that he was drafted. I urge you to tell me who you think was better. I'd love to know.
Scott Stephens, Brian Finch, Cameron Thurley, Luke Shakleton, Darren Crawford, Mitch Hills, Alan OSign, Kade Munday, Zane Murphy, I could go on. Webberly a good player, average at AFL level in a weak team at the time and a good player in TSL, a weak league. Wouldn't have been a standout in the Clarence teams of the late 90's-2000's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Stephens, Brian Finch, Cameron Thurley, Luke Shakleton, Darren Crawford, Mitch Hills, Alan OSign, Kade Munday, Zane Murphy, I could go on. Webberly a good player, average at AFL level in a weak team at the time and a good player in TSL, a weak league. Wouldn't have been a standout in the Clarence teams of the late 90's-2000's
I'm not asking who you think will be better than him now. When he left he was the best player in the state that year. I have no reason to suspect that he's any worse a footballer than when he left. The only player that would be close to Jez when he left would be Thurley or Stephens.

I'm not asking who you think will be better than him now. When he left he was the best player in the state that year. I have no reason to suspect that he's any worse a footballer than when he left. The only player that would be close to Jez when he left would be Thurley or Stephens.
Jon Bowering was the stand out player of 09, was better than all you have mentioned. Its great that jez has come back but its crap that only a select few clubs get help from afltas. James Charlsworth is the best recruit the comp has got so far, he is a jet and will tear teams apart

What rumours has anyone heard from the Northern TSL sides? I've heard North Launnie may be in a world of trouble with the loss of a number of players: Crawford, Praciak, Chris Carins along with Joel Mountney and jade Child who left part way through the season. Also may lose Van Den Berg if he gets drafted. Wombat Littlejohn may need to pick up a few players from somewhere.
Launceston may also be on the slide with Lonergan and Thurlow nearly draft definates. Heard SOK O'Keefe may be heading to the NTFA for a packet as well as Gary Shipton and Gene Savage. Finch also has retired again, wouldn't be surprised if others follow.
South appear to be picking up a few NTFA div. 2 players such as Thane Bardenhagen from Lilydale. Also hard Jade Child has signed at South after being discarded from North and playing the 2nd half of the season at Scottsdale. Also heard Joel Mountney may be playing there as well as Sonny Whiting who has been linked to the club from Launceston. Thorpy must be doing a good job up at the kennel if players actually want to play at the club now unlike in past seasons.

I would suggest you didn't watch all the games with some of the players you have listed for that year!

Little biased towards the Burnie players, Shacky missed most of the season with a broken finger and struggled with fitness and form all year. Kade Munday was well below par that year and Murphy also struggled in the second half of the year as he got fat. Brian Finch struggled that year and it took him 2 seasons to get going, i suggest you may have missed a few players. maybe look at the state game and the top ten of that year as that would give you an indication of how season played out.

What rumours has anyone heard from the Northern TSL sides? I've heard North Launnie may be in a world of trouble with the loss of a number of players: Crawford, Praciak, Chris Carins along with Joel Mountney and jade Child who left part way through the season. Also may lose Van Den Berg if he gets drafted. Wombat Littlejohn may need to pick up a few players from somewhere.
Launceston may also be on the slide with Lonergan and Thurlow nearly draft definates. Heard SOK O'Keefe may be heading to the NTFA for a packet as well as Gary Shipton and Gene Savage. Finch also has retired again, wouldn't be surprised if others follow.
South appear to be picking up a few NTFA div. 2 players such as Thane Bardenhagen from Lilydale. Also hard Jade Child has signed at South after being discarded from North and playing the 2nd half of the season at Scottsdale. Also heard Joel Mountney may be playing there as well as Sonny Whiting who has been linked to the club from Launceston. Thorpy must be doing a good job up at the kennel if players actually want to play at the club now unlike in past seasons.
Burnie have picked up a couple of very handy players. Nick Walters has returned from VFL club Williamstown and Tyronne Morrison from Smithon has signed as well. Morrison is a ruckman who has represented Tasmania at Under 23 level.

u idiot.

the only way clubs will get near Burnie will be by recriuting big men to combat Laycock. Webberley is not in that mould. getting him back will not make them a premiership favourite.

u idiot.

the only way clubs will get near Burnie will be by recriuting big men to combat Laycock. Webberley is not in that mould. getting him back will not make them a premiership favourite.
Having Savage fit wouldn't hurt either? If you don't think Clarence will be one of the premiership favourites you're clueless.

Yer lots of rumours in silly season, i just checked with a lonny board person for you whiting and shipton are signed so are committed for 2013. as well as most of the list from 2013 stephens,bristow,mccabe, odonohue, etc. O"keefe won"t play anywhere else but at blues if he plays on which they are hoping. chris savage, jason edwards and sam rundle all signed for 2013. Derb, gene savage and finch have retired and sinclair chasing cash in bush. Thats the update from lonny.

South have signed bardenhagen and look like losing johncock to qld, thorp did a good job in 2013 , but so he should have with a fulltime coaches salary of 70k funded by afl tas, would have thought afl tas would have expected more than a handfull of wins against hobart twice, devonport and north launcestonetc. Lets hope they continue to improve in 2013 but lets keep things in perspective as they only beat bottom sides and had a good draw. 2013 they will only play hobart once and go to burnie twice at west park and will play lonny at windsor twice. Have also heard north are losing a few, big toby also an outside chance to get drafted.

Also heard Clarence are right into getting an ex afl player to play, not sure how many games. Pretty hush hush at the moment so I'm not going to say anything else. Don't expect a big name though.

Also heard Clarence are right into getting an ex afl player to play, not sure how many games. Pretty hush hush at the moment so I'm not going to say anything else. Don't expect a big name though.

Souds like its hush hush, only BF knows about it:)
The Aker night at KGV certainly attracted some attention, as did Fev at Boyer Oval. I'm not sure if having Robbo at Burnie did much. I wonder if Clarence have missed the boat on this one. It would have to be a high profile player to get anyones attention one would think.
North Hobart did well bringing the whole Melbourne Storm team down:p.

Souds like its hush hush, only BF knows about it:)
The Aker night at KGV certainly attracted some attention, as did Fev at Boyer Oval. I'm not sure if having Robbo at Burnie did much. I wonder if Clarence have missed the boat on this one. It would have to be a high profile player to get anyones attention one would think.
North Hobart did well bringing the whole Melbourne Storm team down:p.
It's definitely not a high profile player. Would think he'd be pretty handy though.

It's definitely not a high profile player. Would think he'd be pretty handy though.

Certainly not high profile, but has played AFL and can take a hanger. Played with Adelaide and up in Cairns last year kicking 80 odd goals. Has moved to hobart, just got a job with a local radio station! Am i close????

he has spoke to Lauderdale, Clarence, North Hobart and Glenorchy and Scott Wade. So it's no secret.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back