General TSL Talk

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Inner city football teams have been in a constant struggle to stay afloat for years MM.
North has won one flag in 27 years since that golden era of 84-93 when they won four flags and were in contention for two or three others.
Likewise their old sparring partners for years, Hobart has won two flags in 39 years. Been an absolute rabble for over ten years, hasn't won a finals game for over 15+ years apparently. Rumours are they're not far off going under.
Sandy Bay didn't win a premiership for their last 19 years before they folded in the late 90s.
Most challenging times those inner city clubs have ever faced IMO.
Yes absolutely. The growth of the outer suburbs has seen the growth of young families in those areas. The Kingston 36k, /Huon valley has grown past 15k,
Clarence 55k, Sorell is over 16k. Brighton area over 16k All these are are growing quickly
Hobart 50k, Glenorchy 46k & Derwent Valley 11k have hardly changed for years.
Growth areas are where the young families & kids are.
North Hobart has benefited from the Private schools in their area, but have still struggled to keep them.
Glenorchy area is aging as well.
Having a good business model helps but you still need the kids in your area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Colin Garland seems to have a similar view of Tassie Footy as many others. Having TSL, VFL & AFL experience, then coming back to play here, he can see the deterioration at first hand.

Its a pity the League bosses & some here on BF are living in lala land. Seemingly only interested in their own 'patch', & not caring about the bigger picture.

Halftimehero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
Colin Garland seems to have a similar view of Tassie Footy as many others. Having TSL, VFL & AFL experience, then coming back to play here, he can see the deterioration at first hand.

Its a pity the League bosses & some here on BF are living in lala land. Seemingly only interested in their own 'patch', & not caring about the bigger picture.
Get your hand off it pal.
If you actually had half a brain and read what I post, I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say, I just get sick of the same old stuff rehashed week after week, year after year by you, it’s boring and repetitive and given the number of posters on this forum has declined to almost none, it seems most would agree.

As for Colin Garland, yes once again its hard to disagree with what he says, but surely there is a better time and place for him to be bringing that stuff up, he as a leader of his football club and given his standing time in the game should be doing everything to try and promote first and foremost his own club and ultimately the whole of the TSL, after you’ve just kicked 8 goals and guided your team to its first win of the season, I would have thought that’d be a decent place to start doing that, especially considering he walked out on them for a period during the year.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get your hand off it pal.
If you actually had half a brain and read what I post, I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say, I just get sick of the same old stuff rehashed week after week, year after year by you, it’s boring and repetitive and given the number of posters on this forum has declined to almost none, it seems most would agree.

As for Colin Garland, yes once again its hard to disagree with what he says, but surely there is a better time and place for him to be bringing that stuff up, he as a leader of his football club and given his standing time in the game should be doing everything to try and promote first and foremost his own club and ultimately the whole of the TSL, after you’ve just kicked 8 goals and guided your team to its first win of the season, I would have thought that’d be a decent place to start doing that, especially considering he walked out on them for a period during the year.
Moaning about other posts is your problem. Maybe say something of use yourself. I'm sure you'll attract many more back to this thread, Go on show us what you've got.

So when is Colin Garland supposed to say something? What time suits you? I'd have thought it was a good time to make his experienced thoughts known. Just when the media are in front of him. Anyway just ring & tell him, I'm sure he'll take your advice on board.

So far as leaving & returning, You have a player who fits that bill. Do you have the same attitude to him? Did you have a go at him for pi**ing off & then scurrying back?

Your comments really reflect more on you than those players.

Halftimehero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
Moaning about other posts is your problem. Maybe say something of use yourself. I'm sure you'll attract many more back to this thread, Go on show us what you've got.

So when is Colin Garland supposed to say something? What time suits you? I'd have thought it was a good time to make his experienced thoughts known. Just when the media are in front of him. Anyway just ring & tell him, I'm sure he'll take your advice on board.

So far as leaving & returning, You have a player who fits that bill. Do you have the same attitude to him? Did you have a go at him for pi**ing off & then scurrying back?

Your comments really reflect more on you than those players.
If you are referring to Sam Siggins then sure, there were plenty who had an issue with that, it was well known, he didn’t come back in the same season though and notice now he has come back he is keeping a completely low profile, knuckling down and just playing football.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you are referring to Sam Siggins then sure, there were plenty who had an issue with that, it was well known, he didn’t come back in the same season though and notice now he has come back he is keeping a completely low profile, knuckling down and just playing football.
So you're fine with that, good. So why have snyd dig at Garland?

He is an experienced player voicing his opinion about Tassie footy he loves. I do the same. So why get so agro & s**tty about it?

If AFLTas were doing any sort of job for Tassie footy we'd still have a TSL with representation from the coast. We'd have an AFLTas who wouldn't be having to defend their poor performance all the time.

Also we wouldn't have needed to bother Gil McLachlan. I mean he's really too busy to worry about, -------about,----- football!

Gersman

Debutant
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
A soggy and freezing day in the south.
Couple of surprise results.
Lonnie belted an undermanned Glenorchy by 15 goals at KGV. Pies looked like a buscrash.
Kingston over North Launceston was a turn up for the books. Won by 3 goals in a low scoring game at the Kingborough cemetary. NL on the slide?
Lauderdale won a sloshy game at the Dale over North Hobart by 4 goals, 7 goals to 3. That wouldda been fun down there today.

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
Tigers and North was coming, but not because NL are sliding. The Tigers are greatly improved from 2 years ago, and the stats were there last year...they just didn't get the wins. Nearly every game they've ever won has been at home, and this is their best ever team...they were due, and Glenorchy is the last remaining team for them to beat...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom