Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Oh now you wanna play the “woah is me” card do you? Pathetic.

Don’t think the videos being shared around after round 3 of the beers and dancing in the changerooms post match didn’t go unnoticed either.

An absolute embarrassment how far ahead that club got ahead of themselves.

keep attacking old cat, never change champ. North should apologise to you for singing their song after a win. What did you do after your grand final wins, oh that’s right, you haven’t had one yet.

keep attacking old cat, never change champ. North should apologise to you for singing their song after a win. What did you do after your grand final wins, oh that’s right, you haven’t had one yet.

You sound like Paul Gourlay today quoting premierships in the 80s whilst watching his team get demoralised in 2020 🤣

An absolute embarrassment

Going personal again mate, naming people and bagging them. You’re the embarrassment to your club.

I’ll say and name who I want pal, If you are that easily offended then stay off this platform, you were all happy to give it last time so now suck it up princess and take it.

I’ll say and name who I want pal, If you are that easily offended then stay off this platform, you were all happy to give it last time so now suck it up princess and take it.
Gave it to you last time, you make it so easy. Never singled out supporters or presidents pal, but hey if you having a crack at NH supporters makes you feel tough, feel free.

Gave it to you last time, you make it so easy. Never singled out supporters or presidents pal, but hey if you having a crack at NH supporters makes you feel tough, feel free.

Enjoy the rest of your night princess, I don’t need to make myself feel tough, just content 😘😘😘

Southerners ripping each other apart while Launceston teams go on their decade-long merry way at the top of the ladder...greatest era in Tasmanian footy ever...

15/24. Didn't see the quirks of the draw until just then...cramming a round in, that's what this Wednesday night business is all about. Apparently Launceston is up against the Tigers today...4 day break for Launceston might make it a bit closer, but let's go for a bit more merry way dominance...

Southerners ripping each other apart while Launceston teams go on their decade-long merry way at the top of the ladder...greatest era in Tasmanian footy ever...

15/24. Didn't see the quirks of the draw until just then...cramming a round in, that's what this Wednesday night business is all about. Apparently Launceston is up against the Tigers today...4 day break for Launceston might make it a bit closer, but let's go for a bit more merry way dominance...

Boasting about the results of a lopsided competition with some childish parochial taunting is really pretty poor. Cant you just torture some butterflies or something to get your jollies.

If the AFL get their way & end the TSL it'll look pretty good. Any guess at the scores for a North Launceston v Rocherlea clash?, at least they won't have to travel. hahahaha!!!!

Southern salty grizzling. I barrack for South Launceston, and although the memory is thankfully getting a bit dim on the matter, I know everything about football basements...!

I also have never lost the ability to enjoy the simplest and most basic of sporting mindsets - rivalry. Key word is "enjoy". I will be as parochial as f###, because when we Tasmanians do it constructively it fires up our game. You want "childish" - apply that to administration and game governance and your own opinions on off field matters...right back at ya, bud! I wish every one of you success and happiness in all the s**t that does actually matter - family, health, blah blah - but don't think for a second that watching southerners squirm uncomfortably doesn't make me giggle just a bit on the inside...!

It's all fun, but none of that seems to be emanating from you lot. It's not me getting bans! If you can't take enjoyment from footy even from the wrong end of the ladder, the sadness in life is yours, not mine...

Southern salty grizzling. I barrack for South Launceston, and although the memory is thankfully getting a bit dim on the matter, I know everything about football basements...!

I also have never lost the ability to enjoy the simplest and most basic of sporting mindsets - rivalry. Key word is "enjoy". I will be as parochial as f###, because when we Tasmanians do it constructively it fires up our game. You want "childish" - apply that to administration and game governance and your own opinions on off field matters...right back at ya, bud! I wish every one of you success and happiness in all the sh*t that does actually matter - family, health, blah blah - but don't think for a second that watching southerners squirm uncomfortably doesn't make me giggle just a bit on the inside...!

It's all fun, but none of that seems to be emanating from you lot. It's not me getting bans! If you can't take enjoyment from footy even from the wrong end of the ladder, the sadness in life is yours, not mine...

No, just pointing out the structural inequities in the comp. Such things & the AFL sucking money up to HQ in these tough times puts the TSL under existential pressure.

So enjoy the trolling.

By the way how is the East Launy/City South combo going this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t believe there needs to be any teams from the NWC to have a decent state league, however there definitely needs to be an extra team from Launceston, that would be the perfect scenario in my opinion.

I don’t believe there needs to be any teams from the NWC to have a decent state league, however there definitely needs to be an extra team from Launceston, that would be the perfect scenario in my opinion.
I think reading the tea leaves the SWL version will go the way of the NEAFL, Gillon McLachlan will be slashing budgets far and wide in 2021, So back to regional leagues again in Tassie from next year.

I think reading the tea leaves the SWL version will go the way of the NEAFL, Gillon McLachlan will be slashing budgets far and wide in 2021, So back to regional leagues again in Tassie from next year.
I wouldn't be all that surprised to be honest GB, or maybe even 2022/23.
I can remember having a conversation about two years ago with the current president of the SFL, Russell Young, who quite forthrightly said to me at the time that Hobart (the club he was president of back then) needed to get itself in a position to be ready for the inevitable influx of state league clubs that will eventually come back to regional football (ie: like the old Premier League in the South) because the TSL's days are numbered as a competition, and that was a couple of years ago.
I guess with AFL Tas pushing for the reintroduction of the Devils for the VFL, the state league not producing the numbers of draftees like it was originally intended, a patently lopsided comp that seems to have lost the interest of the public etc, this Covid-19 pandemic might hasten its demise.
But, who knows, they might do the complete opposite and keep it going. It's all up in the air at the moment.
What are your thoughts on Tasmanian football being run out of Melbourne? Same old, same old?

I wouldn't be all that surprised to be honest GB, or maybe even 2022/23.
I can remember having a conversation about two years ago with the current president of the SFL, Russell Young, who quite forthrightly said to me at the time that Hobart (the club he was president of back then) needed to get itself in a position to be ready for the inevitable influx of state league clubs that will eventually come back to regional football (ie: like the old Premier League in the South) because the TSL's days are numbered as a competition, and that was a couple of years ago.
I guess with AFL Tas pushing for the reintroduction of the Devils for the VFL, the state league not producing the numbers of draftees like it was originally intended, a patently lopsided comp that seems to have lost the interest of the public etc, this Covid-19 pandemic might hasten its demise.
But, who knows, they might do the complete opposite and keep it going. It's all up in the air at the moment.
What are your thoughts on Tasmanian football being run out of Melbourne? Same old, same old?

Same old Same old, the last two heads of football on the fast tract might as run it from Melbourne. I have followed TFL since 1973,and long before that, the VFL, morphing into the AFL (expanded VFL), have and will keep treating Tassie like third class passengers, they even treat S.A. and WA like second class citizen’s, that started when the VFL left the Australian National Football Council

Example lets have this year’s AFL GF in QLD!!! two years or so both the QLD team had the backside out of their pants. Play it in the Heartland, oh that’s right its all about the developing states.

Last edited:
Same old Same old, the last two heads of football on the fast tract might as run it from Melbourne. I have followed TFL since 1973,and long before that, the VFL, morphing into the AFL (expanded VFL), have and will keep treating Tassie like third class passengers, they even treat S.A. and WA like second class citizen’s, that started when the VFL left the Australian National Football Council

Example lets have this year’s AFL GF in QLD!!! two years or so both the QLD team had the backside out of their pants. Play it in the Heartland, oh that’s right its all about the developing states.

The game of AR has been run from Melbourne for a long time now. AR is just the vehicle the corporate suits use to make themselves a huge income. The only 'history' of the game they even consider is that of the old VFL. Nothing else matters. The only value Tasmania has to them is as a cabbage patch for players, supporters memberships & Government money for 2 FIFO clubs.
The TSL has some minor value to the suits. Thats to help develop players but its been so under funded it can hardly do that job.

If they replace TSL2 with VFL2, it will be for the AFLs benefit, not Tasmanias.

What happened here...did all those southern infighting cripplefight shenanigans get deleted? Well done guys, I had my tips and score in amongst all that, have to work it out again. Tipped Launceston on Sunday, so that should be 16 from 25...according to my school marking schemata, that's a B-...got some work to do...

What happened here...did all those southern infighting cripplefight shenanigans get deleted? Well done guys, I had my tips and score in amongst all that, have to work it out again. Tipped Launceston on Sunday, so that should be 16 from 25...according to my school marking schemata, that's a B-...got some work to do...
20200902_204008.jpg

So back to the footy.

North Launy by 36 over a disappointing NHFC
Launy by 25 over a plucky GlenPies.
L'dale by 36 over a disappointed Claroos.

The struggle for 4th spot remains open, except maybe for the KingTiges, especially after their demolition by the Launblues last week.

Happy Dads day everyone. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back