General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

jj15

Draftee
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Was weird the game had to be played on the weekend with so much school footy being played mid week. It may have impacted on some results but I think this is a long bow to say the absence of some young players was the difference between Clarence beating NL on the weekend.
From the previous week win against Lauderdale
Darcy Gardner, Oliver Davis and Sam banks were named in the best 6 plays for Clarence.
So they lost 3 of their best players from the week before.
Add to that Noah Holmes being their key forward and Baker Smith a key back.
Its not a longbow but a very short bow to suggest it did not make a difference.

GoldenMagpie16

Senior List
May 29, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
More to do with the fact that, if you choose club over school, you are no longer welcome at that school. At least when it comes to GYC. I know a club that lost a flag over that in the early 00's
That's not true, these blokes volunteered to play school footy. the GYC football team consists of people who've known each other for approximately 5 years or more.

Ozguy

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline
That's not true, these blokes volunteered to play school footy. the GYC football team consists of people who've known each other for approximately 5 years or more.
Still doesn't distract from the fact that the BS school rule has played a big part over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
Would you still like to discuss?

I’ll start the discussion for you if ya like

North Hobart are last on the ladder, have won just two games and are now getting beaten by large margins.

Hardy, Palmer, M Fisher and J Fisher are dropped out of the team and Cunliffe is in and out with injuries.

I reckon I nailed this call.....

jj15

Draftee
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Would you still like to discuss?

I’ll start the discussion for you if ya like

North Hobart are last on the ladder, have won just two games and are now getting beaten by large margins.

Hardy, Palmer, M Fisher and J Fisher are dropped out of the team and Cunliffe is in and out with injuries.

I reckon I nailed this call.....
Playing Dobosz and Sandric that are just going to go back to Melbourne also seems short sighted. Have an ex AFL player coaching their 16s, wonder why he’s not involved anymore.

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
Playing Dobosz and Sandric that are just going to go back to Melbourne also seems short sighted. Have an ex AFL player coaching their 16s, wonder why he’s not involved anymore.
Baxter Norton is potentially in the same boat also.

It appears Sam Darley is headed back to the VFL next season as well so unlikely he will be back to play.

If they lose a couple of their better kids to the draft then they will find themselves in a world of pain next season I would imagine.

jj15

Draftee
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong

It appears Sam Darley is headed back to the VFL next season as well so unlikely he will be back to play.

If they lose a couple of their better kids to the draft then they will find themselves in a world of pain next season I would imagine.
[/QUOTE
Devils goes to under 19s so both NH and Clarence will lose a lot of their better players next year even if not drafted.
North Hobart need a leader like Webberley, Thorp or Whitford who can play on ground but also has experience at AFL Level or done their level 3. Then if they get a coach like the board of NH needs to give them the keys.

Cool Carl

Rookie
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

just out of interest are your 6 or 8 VFL Recruits sticking around for season 2021?

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if they are considering playing the TSL, DL and TSLW grand finals all on different days to maximise the attendance?

You could have DL Friday night, TSL Saturday and TSLW on Sunday, that way you wouldn’t have family/friends of players who are only their to watch one of the earlier games taking a ticket away from someone wanting to watch one of the others.

It appears certain that the two Northern teams will play in the DL grand final so can be easily done I would have thought.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ha! wrote & forgot to post. Too much on the plate at the moment I'm afraid,

I'd think Clarence should beat KT if they are to be any sort of finals threat. 20pts
NL to beat anyone at home. Should be a good game, especially after L'dale last week & NL struggling at Richmond. 15pts
Launy should chalk up another 90 odd point margin.

Yes NHFC will need a major review as soon as the season ends. Really should have done better.

bandit64

Draftee
Sep 20, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes NHFC will need a major review as soon as the season ends. Really should have done better.
[/QUOTE]

Interested to Know why you believe this 2020 North Hobart team should have done better ? Looking at the current list on paper, one would not predict it to do any well.
Don’t be too harsh and unrealistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jj15

Draftee
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Interested to Know why you believe this 2020 North Hobart team should have done better ? Looking at the current list on paper, one would not predict it to do any well.
[/QUOTE]
I’d say because the of amount of Devils they got back. Coupled with their VFL recruits and mature age recruits like Dobosz, Cunliffe, Fishers, Hardy.

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
[/QUOTE]

They must have added a dozen or more players to their list and none of them are kids, if by doing this and not expecting a huge improvement why would you do it?

Thats not even taking into account the full time availability of their Devils players.

Wouldn’t have thought it be unrealistic for anyone to expect them to be performing much better than they are.

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
With one finals match locked in Launceston V Lauderdale, are the Tigers any chance of stealing 4th? I give them a sneaky chance of beating North Launceston this week, if they do and Clarence lose to Launceston it’ll make an interesting last round.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
With one finals match locked in Launceston V Lauderdale, are the Tigers any chance of stealing 4th? I give them a sneaky chance of beating North Launceston this week, if they do and Clarence lose to Launceston it’ll make an interesting last round.
I'd expect NL to chew KT up & spit out the bones. They'll be warming up & focussed on finals after looking a bit flat the last few weeks. KT playing at their best just got past a very undermanned Glenorchy & then a last gasp win over Clarence.

NH v Glen for the wooden spoon might be interesting. I'd be wary if Glenorchy bring any players back, NH should just win at home.

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd expect NL to chew KT up & spit out the bones. They'll be warming up & focussed on finals after looking a bit flat the last few weeks. KT playing at their best just got past a very undermanned Glenorchy & then a last gasp win over Clarence.

NH v Glen for the wooden spoon might be interesting. I'd be wary if Glenorchy bring any players back, NH should just win at home.
They beat them down there last year the Tigers, gun to my head I am picking NL obviously but just reckon they are a sneaky chance.
North weren’t flat last week, it was a cracking game and they had to pull out all stops after half time to get over Lauderdale.

Looks like Glenorchy get back Bowden and Mott and potentially Banks-Smith while Joseph and Grace have been named emergencies.

Top Bottom