Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Round 17 Leaderboard

Halftimehero 2 = 40
Grey Budgie 2 = 38
Mudmug 2 = 38
Gibbke 2 = 37
Whowants2know 3 = 36

Cool looking leaderboard

Last edited:

Silly pick Lauderdale last week :( oh well here this week tips

Round 18
Glenorchy
Lauderdale
North Launceston

I thought Lauderdale was a reasonable pick. Looking at the early scores it appeared an inspired pick. The wheels then fell off. I still think it'll be an all Launy GF but at least we've had a few interesting results lately.

Glenorchy 40
Lauderdale 50
North Launy 30

I thought Lauderdale was a reasonable pick. Looking at the early scores it appeared an inspired pick. The wheels then fell off. I still think it'll be an all Launy GF but at least we've had a few interesting results lately.

Glenorchy 40
Lauderdale 50
North Launy 30

Think you might be right about the GF madmug, however the gap between even North Launy and then Launy and the three top southern teams has not been as much as I expected early doors.

Round 18 leaderboard

Halftimehero 3 = 43
Grey Budgie 3 = 41
Mudmug 3 = 41
Gibbke 2 = 39
Whowants2know 3 = 39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just 4 points in it, bugger all time left on the clock...umpires bounces, McEvoy wins in the ruck, taps to Mitchell, lightning handball to Gibbins, who doesn't muck about...onto the left boot, 70 metres out...oh my god, he's going for it...it's a f###ing massive torpedo:

Tigers
North Launceston
Clarence

Bit off topic to a degree but I noticed someone uploaded the full 1990 State Of Origin match from North Hobart.
I won't beat around the bush, I could just about cry when I look at what the sport was here then and what it is now.

Bit off topic to a degree but I noticed someone uploaded the full 1990 State Of Origin match from North Hobart.
I won't beat around the bush, I could just about cry when I look at what the sport was here then and what it is now.

Very, very sad. I remember the stuffing about with KGV, TCA, North Hobart etc. Muppets. Uttter muppets.

NB BEST football jumper by a mile.

Yes & we look at where our football was, where it is & where it could have been, & ask why?

Its the reason I get stuck into the other threads. I've not started one on the subject, I just engage the 'opposition' on them. ;)

The fact is, we've been cheated. Cheated out of our place in football by Melbourne suburban interests. We haven't been helped by our own politicians who have crawled up the AFL's arse for years. They've used parochialism to divide us, whereas parochialism can be a strength. We care about our island & are proud of our footy heritage. We've seen it trashed & ripped to bits through neglect. Other states footy is helped by the AFL. Ours has been drained & used up. I'd like to think that will end sometime soon. People are starting to realise the rip off & rotten deal we've got from football.

Even now the AFL ended transfer fees, so clubs lose players to cashed up NEAFL clubs for nothing. The NEAFL is supposed to be about developing northern states footballers, not killing ours.

I will say the AFL's plan, 'back to the future 2', is a disaster in the making. Its a plan to do SFA. They'll do anything to not help Tassie footy & keep us in the wilderness. Anyone with an once of brain can see the VFL option failed last time & will again. It has no direction to it. It'll suck money out of local football & be spent on airfares & accommodation for a few boys & officials to have fun. The full time Mariners likewise. All that travel & time drained so many kids & families last time. The current part time is the best balance for them.

I believe we must fight against this latest AFL insult. If you have different opinions, fine. I'd like to hear them.

Me & my mates have been going to footy since we were kids in the 1960's. Some of us have lived interstate & watched local footy their too. We were various TFL club members & then with the VFL Devils so followed that very closely. When it ended we asked, WTF was that all about? If it was never going to develop into an AFL club, what was the point??? So we go through it again? The VFL is a struggling competition anyway. The AFL clubs dont care about winning, its just practise games for developing players.

So, where to Tassie?

It's very easy to see "why". All it took was bean counters to treat the state as a demographic zone no different or bigger than some in country Victoria, and all of the stuff represented by that ridiculously awesome jumper above then amounted to nought. You can't put a price on history and sentiment, so fine - they didn't. They put one on tv rights and government subsidy instead, which comes about through selling to the big northern markets and making the product a vote winning, stadium investing juggernaut...

It's the biggest travesty in Australian sporting history, and I'd back that against anything anyone could put up!

I might of missed it earlier I heard Blair Brownless who was on ABC Local Grandstand with Chris Rowbottom, say that from next year Lauderdale are going back to the Lauderdale Cats in 2019!

I might of missed it earlier I heard Blair Brownless who was on ABC Local Grandstand with Chris Rowbottom, say that from next year Lauderdale are going back to the Lauderdale Cats in 2019!
That's an interesting one.
I recall them going from Cats to Bombers because they reckoned that Geelong wouldn't sponsor them a set of jumpers back in the Premier League days and Essendon swept in wanting local branding and Lauderdale went with it.
They've worn that many different sets of jumpers that I have a hard time keeping up.
That Red and Black hooped "Jane Franklin Hall" uni team jumper seemed to be the best one they had.
Now there's already a Bombers in the TSL I'm surprised they never went back to the Cats sooner.

I recall them going from Cats to Bombers because they reckoned that Geelong wouldn't sponsor them a set of jumpers back in the Premier League days and Essendon swept in wanting local branding and Lauderdale went with it.
They've worn that many different sets of jumpers that I have a hard time keeping up.
That Red and Black hooped "Jane Franklin Hall" uni team jumper seemed to be the best one they had.
Now there's already a Bombers in the TSL I'm surprised they never went back to the Cats sooner.

JFH! hahaha!! good call. ;)

I should preference again it was Blair Brownless (So hopeful our Lauderdale peps can confirm or not) who in the same segment picked the Tigers to beat Glenorchy today..... only just missed that one Blair!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back