Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Nearly choked on my cornflakes when reading the Sunday Tasmanian. Second back page started reading a column which stated that North Hobart completely outclassed North Launceston with laser like precision and pressure. Thought there had been an upset so checked the score and saw they lost by over 160 points. Went back to the article and saw that the period of dominance was 6 minutes. Lucky for North Launceston they didn't do it for 15-20 minutes as that may have been enough for the win. Fair enough North Hobart are young but a 160 point loss and trying to find positives?
Interesting finals series coming up North Launceston look a class above but the other 4 sides would all fancy their chances of at least making the GF and once there who knows

Nearly choked on my cornflakes when reading the Sunday Tasmanian. Second back page started reading a column which stated that North Hobart completely outclassed North Launceston with laser like precision and pressure. Thought there had been an upset so checked the score and saw they lost by over 160 points. Went back to the article and saw that the period of dominance was 6 minutes. Lucky for North Launceston they didn't do it for 15-20 minutes as that may have been enough for the win. Fair enough North Hobart are young but a 160 point loss and trying to find positives?
Interesting finals series coming up North Launceston look a class above but the other 4 sides would all fancy their chances of at least making the GF and once there who knows

Being only 2 TSL clubs in the North of the state & 5 in the South, it should be a 2 horse if not a 1 horse race. Sure a fluke may occur, but I doubt it.

The TSL structure is unsustainable. If NL win the GF, it'll be congrats to them, but it'll be a pretty meaningless victory.

Being only 2 TSL clubs in the North of the state & 5 in the South, it should be a 2 horse if not a 1 horse race. Sure a fluke may occur, but I doubt it.

The TSL structure is unsustainable. If NL win the GF, it'll be congrats to them, but it'll be a pretty meaningless victory.
I agree with you that the current 5 South/2 North model is unsustainable. The 2 Northern teams will dominate year after year. The competition needs at least 2 more Northern teams and the silly part of all that is that they already had them but AFL Tas completely ignored all the people who told them about the evolving problems with the North West teams and then gave them one final kick in the guts by taking all their home finals off them. To think that AFL Tas wanted a North West team to rejoin the TSL without any changes to the onerous travel burden and other issues that forced them out just beggars belief. While I miss the higher standard of footy in the TSL I can say that the 2 coastal teams have settled back into the NWFL very well and they are getting a lot more people to their games and much more community engagement than they had in the TSL and it seems very obvious to me that Burnie or Devonport will never go back into the TSL.

I agree with you that the current 5 South/2 North model is unsustainable. The 2 Northern teams will dominate year after year. The competition needs at least 2 more Northern teams and the silly part of all that is that they already had them but AFL Tas completely ignored all the people who told them about the evolving problems with the North West teams and then gave them one final kick in the guts by taking all their home finals off them. To think that AFL Tas wanted a North West team to rejoin the TSL without any changes to the onerous travel burden and other issues that forced them out just beggars belief. While I miss the higher standard of footy in the TSL I can say that the 2 coastal teams have settled back into the NWFL very well and they are getting a lot more people to their games and much more community engagement than they had in the TSL and it seems very obvious to me that Burnie or Devonport will never go back into the TSL.

Thats a pity. That the AFLTas 'bosses' said they were blind sided by the NWC clubs decision was either an absolute down right lie, or they really were blind ( but Deaf & Dumb too), or just stinking blind drunk. (The latter i'd believe! ;))

I think a properly supported & structured TSL would work well as far as a better standard of football & for player development. But it never really was. I'll never understand why AFLTas could stuff things up so much over such a long period of time. TSL!, VFL, now TSL2. Yet they are mostly still their. Good luck to the current CEO, but what does she bring to the job?????

The NTFL may feel 'comfortable', but how long will the better young kids stay? How will the clubs go about getting good coaches if the league is just seen as an ordinary country footy league? The NW needs to be part of a bigger picture. Tassie footy also needs the NWC.

Thats a pity. That the AFLTas 'bosses' said they were blind sided by the NWC clubs decision was either an absolute down right lie, or they really were blind ( but Deaf & Dumb too), or just stinking blind drunk. (The latter i'd believe! ;))

I think a properly supported & structured TSL would work well as far as a better standard of football & for player development. But it never really was. I'll never understand why AFLTas could stuff things up so much over such a long period of time. TSL!, VFL, now TSL2. Yet they are mostly still their. Good luck to the current CEO, but what does she bring to the job?????

The NTFL may feel 'comfortable', but how long will the better young kids stay? How will the clubs go about getting good coaches if the league is just seen as an ordinary country footy league? The NW needs to be part of a bigger picture. Tassie footy also needs the NWC.
I agree with what you say about better coaches etc and I would really like to see a NWC presence in the TSL, especially for the talented younger players in the region and there is plenty of them. I think its up to AFL Tas to come up with some innovative ideas to try and make the option of TSL footy more attractive to the Coast instead of just saying oh well they not interested so bad luck about that. The TSL will survive without the NWC but wont be as good a comp as it could be with the NWC in it. The footy public will get tired of Launceston or North Launceston winning the flag every year but will that be enough to kill the competition, probably not but it wont promote public interest in the competition. We all know regional footy is not as good a standard as TSL but the top 4 teams in the NWFL are not too bad at all and most of them have a lot of ex TSL players. I have seen some pretty good games so far this year but like most leagues in the state the bottom few teams are struggling to keep up with the stronger ones.

Pffft...spoken like a true southerner. If North win the GF it'll be 4 from 5 and a rubber stamping of the best team in the state. Nothing meaningless in that, and believe me, I'll hate it more than you ever could...

No coincidence that the four best run organisations in the state are 1-2-3-4, and Mitchell Thorp was leaving Devonport anyway...

Pffft...spoken like a true southerner. If North win the GF it'll be 4 from 5 and a rubber stamping of the best team in the state. Nothing meaningless in that, and believe me, I'll hate it more than you ever could...

No coincidence that the four best run organisations in the state are 1-2-3-4, and Mitchell Thorp was leaving Devonport anyway...

Spoken like an ex northerner. ;)

Ignoring the reality doesn't change the fact. You can chose not to care, but the footy public here can see it quite clearly.

It's not a reality.

North was already far and away the best team in it, and Launceston were looking very good...they are only 4th, by the way...

Round 19 Leaderboard
Halftimehero 3 = 46
Grey Budgie 3 = 44
Mudmug 3 = 44
Whowants2know 2 = 41
Gibbke 1 = 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 20 leaderboard

Halftimehero 3 = 49
Mudmug 3 = 47
Grey Budgie 2 = 46
Whowants2know 2 = 43
Gibbke 1 = 41

Tigers, Glenorchy, North.

Are we doing finals? Theoretically, if I get all of them right and you lot completely screw up and get them all wrong, I can still win this...

Tigers, Glenorchy, North.

Are we doing finals? Theoretically, if I get all of them right and you lot completely screw up and get them all wrong, I can still win this...

Im happy to continue into finals if everybody wants

Gidday all wondering if anybody can tell me if any local league grand finals are played on Sundays in Tassie.Would like to head that way if could see a satdy n sundy granny one coming weekend.Thanks in advance

Gidday all wondering if anybody can tell me if any local league grand finals are played on Sundays in Tassie.Would like to head that way if could see a satdy n sundy granny one coming weekend.Thanks in advance

TSL semifinals at Bellerive Oval on saturday. Glenorchy v Launceston clash at 3pm. Clarence v Lauderdale bash up at 6pm. Where in Tassie will you be going?

TSL semifinals at Bellerive Oval on saturday. Glenorchy v Launceston clash at 3pm. Clarence v Lauderdale bash up at 6pm. Where in Tassie will you be going?
From Melbourne pal but im a good swimmer lol.Dont care where there played .Would only head down if satdy n sundy grannys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back