Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

One thing I've learned is that nothing lasts forever. Like all clubs NHFC has been through good & bad times. 32 premierships shows a fair bit of good times.

I'm afraid well all be going through bad times & playing in a lower league when AFLTas put all their efforts into squeezing out a few draftees via the full time U18's then the VFL team again. So enjoy this level of TSL while it lasts. If you finally win a flag,good luck & enjoy it. Iit'll be one of the last at the current TSL level. It'll be back to local lower standard games which will attract even less attention, for all of us.

Looking at all the premiership teams on the walls takes a bit of time on Saturday arvo's actually :)

I couldn't agree with Madmug more, which is a first. Currently we have our best u18 kids playing in a Victorian based competition every week of the season. I see the merits in doing so but unfortunately the negatives of the past are also showing early. If the Devils go ahead, we will then see the states best 50 players each week participating in Victorian competitions. TSL will not be sustainable if that happens. Clubs now struggle with numbers and to see 7-8 players go out each week just to top those teams up would deplete clubs.

My opinion on North Hobarts ground compared to Lauderdales. Couldn't stand Lauderdale early on in the TSL. Was certainly a disgrace. In saying that, NHO was not much better when under water. Luckily we haven't seen a shitty winter for some time, and hopefully we don't.

As for developing players, North are a young side, and very dependent on their u/18's coming through. I could see their recruitment drive strategy at the start of the year and i personally think that was the right way to go. They lost a few players to the Tigers a few years ago then had a very low par year. So announcing recruitment's certainly does generate a bit of enthusiasm amongst the players and supporters. Lauderdale have certainly done the same in the last five years and have lost some quaility players to the Northern States to try and better themselves or just for schooling. Dodge, Tate-Turvey, Franks and Fyfe just to name a few.

As for Lauderdale paying out big dollars for recruits, you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that. We have just thought out the square in recruiting and it's paid off so far.

I kind of lost track - will go back a couple of weeks and bring it up to date

Well sticking this thread here just shows BF, just like the AFL, couldn't a rats clacker about Tasmanian football.

Tonight with the now fine conditions, Glenorchy by 25pts. Clarence seem a mere shadow of their former selves.
L'dale by30. Kingston are improving but not enough
L'ton by 25. North too seem to be better but not by enough as yet.

Join my embargo of the AFL. They have stolen the game from the people and have developed a corporate game for the rich and the gullible. They change the rules at will, determine what social norms are acceptable, (having a cow about a drink prior to the game, DThomas} ,encourage mindless gambling and emasculate every other comp for their mid season draft. As far as I am concerned their private school, Victorian derrieres can have a Sherrin sideways.

Join my embargo of the AFL. They have stolen the game from the people and have developed a corporate game for the rich and the gullible. They change the rules at will, determine what social norms are acceptable, (having a cow about a drink prior to the game, DThomas} ,encourage mindless gambling and emasculate every other comp for their mid season draft. As far as I am concerned their private school, Victorian derrieres can have a Sherrin sideways.

1. Has nothing to do with the TSL

2. See Ya!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this just a grudge match between you and me now, Madmug…!

Lauderdale over Clarence
Tigers over North
North over Launceston (I'm writing this well after the starting time, not realising it was a Friday nighter, but I haven't seen the score and would never have tipped anyone, let alone Lton, over the Bombers...cool if the adjudicators disqualify me anyway...!)

Is this just a grudge match between you and me now, Madmug…!

Lauderdale over Clarence
Tigers over North
North over Launceston (I'm writing this well after the starting time, not realising it was a Friday nighter, but I haven't seen the score and would never have tipped anyone, let alone Lton, over the Bombers...cool if the adjudicators disqualify me anyway...!)

Yes I've done the same. The 'news' about Cox-Goodyear has been a bit of 'fake news' it seems.
North launy was a given
Lauderdale by how far
NH & KT could be interesting. Unfortunately I think KT are a bit stronger across the park.

No 'grudge match' here. I'm just disappointed BF seem happy to follow the AFL & belittle & downgrade the TSL. If neither of them care, why bother.

Do you walk in circles due to the weight of the chip on your shoulder? Five months and not one person bothered to comment on the move, let alone say a simple "no thanks please leave it as-is." It might be suggested that the angst you are feeling is entirely self-inflicted.

Do you walk in circles due to the weight of the chip on your shoulder? Five months and not one person bothered to comment on the move, let alone say a simple "no thanks please leave it as-is." It might be suggested that the angst you are feeling is entirely self-inflicted.

So being disappointed is having a chip on my shoulder. So be it.

It appears BF now=AFL.

I must say its amazing how quickly the defensive post appeared. Just like the AFL!!

Desperately unlucky last week. NHFC have probably consigned themselves to a winless year now.
NLFC should win by >100.
Kingston by 15. Clarence looking about as bad as they've ever been.
Lauderdale by 15. Should be a good game.
Was reading the sports results in the paper today. I see North are 0-11 and bottom of the TSL, their old rivals for years, Hobart at 0-8 and bottom in the SFL.
Pretty likely both will go through the season winless.
Thirty years ago they were the two best clubs in the state!
And Clarence, yep would be the worst Roos team I've seen in over 40+ years, I'm 50 next year and can never remember a team of theirs this ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back