Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
The only 2 grounds they'll use are YP & BO.

YP is getting a redo & wickets for BBL.

I guess they recon Windsor park isn't up to the mark for the TSL GF.
Fair enough if York Park is being ripped up again. Windsor park isn't up tp TSL GF standard. Cars parked around the boundary is not a good look for regular state league games, much less the GF.

Is York Park being torn up for re-surfacing (again)? With North Launceston being the higher ranked side, why is the game being played in the south?
Was supposed to be ripped up last year or something but they held it over to this year. Started ripping it up a month ir so back.
Couldn't hold a grannie at Riverside, place is only good for country footy.
Doubt it'll make a difference to the result, just make it a bit closer.
Six grand finals in a row for NL and about three for Windys boys, getting like the old state league, easy to see why interest is down.

Was supposed to be ripped up last year or something but they held it over to this year. Started ripping it up a month ir so back.
Couldn't hold a grannie at Riverside, place is only good for country footy.
Doubt it'll make a difference to the result, just make it a bit closer.
Six grand finals in a row for NL and about three for Windys boys, getting like the old state league, easy to see why interest is down.

We went to Windsor park last year. They've done a lot of good work on & around the ground.

I remember back in the first SWL that the ground & changerooms weren't fit for pigs.

Its quite impressive now.

I'm told the surface is much better but still gets pretty soft, but not like the boggy crap it use to be. Changerooms are quite good for club games. Nothing like YP or BO. Good social club rooms & a function room on the opposite side.

Even with maybe 5k crowd, Windsor has no real facilities for that many. YP & BO have grandstand viewing at least.

Yeah trouble is it has no stands for people to sit.
If they allow cars around the fence it might as well be at Youngtown!

Finally we get here. Looks like it'll be a good day weather wise.
NL unlucky having to travel.
'Dale probably got out of jail twice to make it.
No matter, congrats to both sides & good luck.
The bookies odds say it all. 'Dale $4.33 to NL $1.20.
Anything can happen I guess.
It all points to another NL GF.

Despite the dribble from AFLTas, this is a stupidly lopsided competition. Sure good luck to NL & sure they probably do have a good system to develop players.
But two northern teams to attract the best from the N & NWC makes it near impossible to compete for most other teams.

Finally we get here. Looks like it'll be a good day weather wise.
NL unlucky having to travel.
'Dale probably got out of jail twice to make it.
No matter, congrats to both sides & good luck.
The bookies odds say it all. 'Dale $4.33 to NL $1.20.
Anything can happen I guess.
It all points to another NL GF.

Despite the dribble from AFLTas, this is a stupidly lopsided competition. Sure good luck to NL & sure they probably do have a good system to develop players.
But two northern teams to attract the best from the N & NWC makes it near impossible to compete for most other teams.

Got out of jail?
Lauderdale were 27 points up with 10 minutes to go last week, if Launceston had won, thats what I would call getting out of jail.

Tuned into a bit of the stream of this for nostalgia's sake today. How depressing seeing how empty the ground was.

I remember going to the grannie at NHO the year Noonan kinged Todman, there would've been at least 10k there that day, and North Hobart used to be pumping with that many people there.

Tuned into a bit of the stream of this for nostalgia's sake today. How depressing seeing how empty the ground was.

I remember going to the grannie at NHO the year Noonan kinged Todman, there would've been at least 10k there that day, and North Hobart used to be pumping with that many people there.
1995 that was. 9,448 in the misty rain and cold.
AFL Tasmania announced the crowd figure as 4,692 in the paper today! Laughable.
There were more people at the South Hobart v Marconi FFA Cup soccer match at the same venue on 31st July that drew a crowd of 2,617.

FB_IMG_1569124470485.jpg

They always post a figure higher than the SFL Grand Final held the week prior to avoid embarrassment in my, and many other people's opinions (and SFL Grand Final crowds have been on the wane for the past few years as well).
The past two grand finals in particular it's been obvious that crowd figures have been fudged.
Last year was posted as 4,423 in Launceston and yesterday was 4,692 and both appeared to be considerably less than 3,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ricky Ponting stand holds 4,500, it would have been 3/4s full, the CT members was full inside and out, a smattering around the ground, 4K seems about right, remembering that it’s taken across the whole day. AFEE081D-4836-4FA8-995B-940ACE0F496D.jpeg

I notice that most of the other state leagues hold their grand finals on a Sunday, Wonder if that’s worth looking into? The reality probably is though that while a side from each end of the state is involved the crowd will be ordinary, no matter when or where it’s played.

Crowd was par.

4.6k for north/south clashes in all three games - including NL v Laud for the third year straight.

Easy to lament the 'good old days' before the AFL was a goliath and shops weren't open on weekends.

The on-field standard of the TSL is good and more people should go to watch a game.

All clubs were asked by AFL Tas whether theyd consider a Sunday GF - it was unanimously rejected.

Even though the coastal teams are not in the TSL anymore (I wish they were) I still keep an eye on the TSL and as we all know North Launceston have just won another flag. Its hard to see an end to the domination of the league by North Launceston and possibly Launceston as well. Launceston weren't too far off this year and with their young group and a few recruits they will be very strong going forward. I have heard a lot of people in the south complaining about the imbalance in the competition and its hard to disagree with them but its seems to me to be an unfixable problem. I know we cant blame AFL Tas for everything but I think they could have done a lot more a lot earlier to help support the 2 coastal clubs to stay in the competition. As much as I would like to see the coast represented again sadly I don't believe it will ever happen. Burnie and Devonport are both settled back in the NWFL and actually played off in a good grand final last weekend with the Dockers going back to back. I am just interested in what the future holds for the TSL and whether the 5 southern clubs will stay committed to it in the current circumstances.

Even though the coastal teams are not in the TSL anymore (I wish they were) I still keep an eye on the TSL and as we all know North Launceston have just won another flag. Its hard to see an end to the domination of the league by North Launceston and possibly Launceston as well. Launceston weren't too far off this year and with their young group and a few recruits they will be very strong going forward. I have heard a lot of people in the south complaining about the imbalance in the competition and its hard to disagree with them but its seems to me to be an unfixable problem. I know we cant blame AFL Tas for everything but I think they could have done a lot more a lot earlier to help support the 2 coastal clubs to stay in the competition. As much as I would like to see the coast represented again sadly I don't believe it will ever happen. Burnie and Devonport are both settled back in the NWFL and actually played off in a good grand final last weekend with the Dockers going back to back. I am just interested in what the future holds for the TSL and whether the 5 southern clubs will stay committed to it in the current circumstances.

I recall AFLTas being 'shocked' when B&D pulled out of the TSL. They have a full time employee on the NWC.

Also the NWC were having problems aligning their juniors with their TSL needs, like bringing up kids into u18s.

Given that footy heads at clubland had been talking about the NWC problems for at least 2 years prior, or there abouts, how could AFLTas NOT know what was happening?

Apart from total incompetence or too many golf days & working lunches at the Black Buff, one is left with only one other possibility.

That being a good old conspiracy theory. AFLTas for the second time trying to kill the TSL so as to get the VFL thing going, for the second time.

We cant fathom the AFLTas behaviour over this mess. Why keep creating such messes in managing football?

Some experience & depth will help. Troy Cunliffe has the ability to play good State league footy.

Its probably better for the club than spending a bundle on interstate recruiting.

Cunliffe yes, will be a solid player.

Palmer, Hardy, M Fisher and P Fisher? Don’t see how that would be taking the club forward, goes against everything they’ve been saying for the last two seasons if you ask me, why change tact now?

Oh and the other piece of big news was The Tigers coach signing on for another 4 years, how bizarre? Did they think he was going to get poached?

Cunliffe yes, will be a solid player.

Palmer, Hardy, M Fisher and P Fisher? Don’t see how that would be taking the club forward, goes against everything they’ve been saying for the last two seasons if you ask me, why change tact now?

If I remember correctly you have had a bit to say about posters being overly negative in this thread. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back