Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you have had a bit to say about posters being overly negative in this thread. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Ok Cool Carl

Yay go North, got a few fringe senior players from over a decade ago back now they are in their 30’s, woohoo go you good things.

I guess all clubs are in much the same boat. Paid staff would probably have to look at jobkeep or jobseeker payments.

Hopefully no club has debts or financial commitments they need to pay urgently. That could be a serious situation right now.

I'd hate for any club to go under. They'll need supporters & volunteers to rally around whenever the circumstances allow.

Good luck to all clubs & stay safe everyone else.

'Interesting' article in todays Muckery.

Talk about a slow news day.

Interviewing S.Wade who talks about returning to the 3 regional leagues as SWL is 'unsustainable. Also playing 6 Intrastate games per year.

Really? What State league is sustainable without AFL funding. Not the WAFL, nor SANFL, nor NEAFL, nor the VFL.

Why does he now think a return to the 1970's will work?? Especially when he tore footy to pieces twice.

Firstly to destroy SWL1, then to start VFL1, then destroy that & try to rebuild SWL2.

Trying to destroy NHFC & Hobart FC with a stupid amalgamation, also that ridiculous Western Storm/Prospect Hawks rubbish.

Unbelievable.

I saw that myself madmug and thought much the same thing. He was the one hellbent on pushing through this TSL competition in the first place in 2008.
There was strong criticism at the time about the rushed decision making and flawed process of selecting clubs to be involved in its setup.
For instance, he stated that he didn't care about crowd numbers (which he should if it wanted to be successful), wanted clubs to be in good governance (Devonport was $250,000 in debt when they joined, Hobart had less than 30 financial members at the time).
What really killed any interest in the TSL was losing the ABC coverage, then obviously losing both NW clubs, then the fiasco involving Hobart-North Hobart, South Launceston being forced out to make way for Prospect Hawks-Western Storm which folded altogether, "Tigers FC" has been a failure, a nothing club that isn't sure whether it's still the Kingborough Tigers or some new list representing Kingborough and the Huon. Better off just being Kingborough Tigers.
Is there anything Wade hasn't completely muffed in his time with AFL Tas?

I saw that myself madmug and thought much the same thing. He was the one hellbent on pushing through this TSL competition in the first place in 2008.
There was strong criticism at the time about the rushed decision making and flawed process of selecting clubs to be involved in its setup.
For instance, he stated that he didn't care about crowd numbers (which he should if it wanted to be successful), wanted clubs to be in good governance (Devonport was $250,000 in debt when they joined, Hobart had less than 30 financial members at the time).
What really killed any interest in the TSL was losing the ABC coverage, then obviously losing both NW clubs, then the fiasco involving Hobart-North Hobart, South Launceston being forced out to make way for Prospect Hawks-Western Storm which folded altogether, "Tigers FC" has been a failure, a nothing club that isn't sure whether it's still the Kingborough Tigers or some new list representing Kingborough and the Huon. Better off just being Kingborough Tigers.
Is there anything Wade hasn't completely muffed in his time with AFL Tas?

Trying to destroy the club of his father & family rates up there pretty high.

Seems that Clarence might end up being booted from their own home ground. Called this years ago.
CT have often been noted for their arrogance and dictatorial attitudes.
20200524_195139.jpg 20200524_195214.jpg

Seems that Clarence might end up being booted from their own home ground. Called this years ago.
CT have often been noted for their arrogance and dictatorial attitudes.
View attachment 880634View attachment 880635

I mentioned this on the other thread before it was moved back.

If they get kicked off next season then CFC might have some cause to complain. The CT reasons seem quite understandable. Mentioning the Women & U18 teams seems a little irrelevant as they don't draw a crowd. For this season it seems the seniors won't either.

Maybe they could co-tenant with Lauderdale? ;)

I mentioned this on the other thread before it was moved back.

If they get kicked off next season then CFC might have some cause to complain. The CT reasons seem quite understandable. Mentioning the Women & U18 teams seems a little irrelevant as they don't draw a crowd. For this season it seems the seniors won't either.

Maybe they could co-tenant with Lauderdale? ;)
Could be at Anzac Park or even Kangaroo Bay.
Personally, I reckon they are stupid to play at state and local level in the current climate of restrictions.
Will end up tipping clubs over the edge into bankruptcy with the lack of funds coming in.

Could be at Anzac Park or even Kangaroo Bay.
Personally, I reckon they are stupid to play at state and local level in the current climate of restrictions.
Will end up tipping clubs over the edge into bankruptcy with the lack of funds coming in.

Its up to the AFL. Its their competition. They fund it. They may offer some pro-rata amount.

If it does get under way, the players wouldn't get paid. The umpires might get something. No one else would.

I can't see any other competition getting played. Unless the crowd limits are lifted to say 500?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On ABC Local Grandstand on Saturday it was suggested Clarence could play at KGV.
I've talked to the Clarence coaches and they've basically said we are either playing at queenborough oval or pontville oval.

Queenborough is an absolute shithole and SFL may not happen, so it's likely at Pontville

I've talked to the Clarence coaches and they've basically said we are either playing at queenborough oval or pontville oval.

Queenborough is an absolute shithole and SFL may not happen, so it's likely at Pontville
Pontville would probably be better than Queenborough, given that crowds won't be allowed to attend this year.
They played the 1986 season out of North Hobart, except for two games, while Bellerive was being renovated.

Its up to the AFL. Its their competition. They fund it. They may offer some pro-rata amount.

If it does get under way, the players wouldn't get paid. The umpires might get something. No one else would.

I can't see any other competition getting played. Unless the crowd limits are lifted to say 500?
Darwin Football Association just became the first competition to go into recess for 2020 over Coronavirus.

Pontville would probably be better than Queenborough, given that crowds won't be allowed to attend this year.
They played the 1986 season out of North Hobart, except for two games, while Bellerive was being renovated.
Wasn’t it in the news that Clarence would be playing at the clarence cricket club ground ? it would be extremely unlikely in our current environment if any clubs wanted to share grounds at the moment it would have to be somewhere were there’s two ovals also there must be a reasonable chance of a season happening as I’ve noticed dodges Ferry players training under lights during the week !

Wasn’t it in the news that Clarence would be playing at the clarence cricket club ground ? it would be extremely unlikely in our current environment if any clubs wanted to share grounds at the moment it would have to be somewhere were there’s two ovals also there must be a reasonable chance of a season happening as I’ve noticed dodges Ferry players training under lights during the week !
Not sure mate, haven't seen the news, but they might as well play at Kangaroo Bay if there's no crowds allowed.
Yes all the SFL clubs are training currently, at best it's approximately a 30-70 chance of getting underway, but the hope is still there.

ODFA have now joined the Darwin Football Association in becoming the second competition to go into recess for 2020.
20200601_234035.jpg

So is the TSL a definite go ahead this year?
I heard tonight that Richmond pulled the pin on the old scholars comp for this year even though they are still attempting to get the comp going...

Looking at a 12 game season. knock out finals system 1v4 & 2v3, then GF.
madmug It sounds like they'll just run it like the old TANFL final four system.
First Semi Final (3rd v 4th)
Second Semi Final (1st v 2nd)
Loser of the First Semi drops out, winner goes on to meet the loser of the Second Semi in the Preliminary Final, winner of that earns the right to play the winner of the Second Semi Final in the Grand Final.
That system threw up some interesting results over the years it ran pre-WW2 up until 1985.

Gersman Yes Richmond did pull out for the season, read it on Facebook this morning, some mixed comments on their decision, some for it, some rubbishing it stating that they can't lose money when OSFA clubs don't pay for players, which I found rather curious because Hobart tried to recruit an ex player back from the Old Scholars a few years back and he laughed at what Hobart were offering stating he was on much better coin playing in the Old Scholars! 🤔
According to today's Mercury the SFL are planning on going ahead on July 13.
No details such as number of rounds, a drawn up roster, whether players will be paid this season, what kind of crowd numbers will be allowed and other such details have been released yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back