Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
View attachment 890017
Heard the sad news just awhile ago that former Sandy Bay and Glenorchy player, Chris Smyth, who was one of the faces of ABC TV football in the TFL and during the Devils time in the VFL, died of a heart attack yesterday aged 57.
Sad news I saw a U-Tas memo yesterday saying he had passed away suddenly, at 57 way to young! He always showed a lot of enthusiasm on the ABC coverage of local football I thought he was very good at it and brought humour to the call, my thoughts are with his Family, Friends and Work colleagues.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Bigfooty and have very much enjoyed reading the old Tasmanian Football Threads.

So,just curious would anyone be interested in getting another one up and running?

Discuss rumours,results and reminisce on days of old from all leagues great and small in this beautiful state we call home.

Cheers,Esteban

View attachment 890017
Heard the sad news just awhile ago that former Sandy Bay and Glenorchy player, Chris Smyth, who was one of the faces of ABC TV football in the TFL and during the Devils time in the VFL, died of a heart attack yesterday aged 57.

That’s really bloody sad news about the passing of Chris. Was a good player and a natural on the television as sideline commentator in the halcyon days of live footy on the ABC.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Clarence to play their TSL games at Richmond Recreation Ground this season.View attachment 896507
I suppose it makes sense in the fact that Richmond have decided not to play in the Old Scholars this year, and the ground will be vacant. I am not sure what the playing facilities are like now days been 30 years since I was at the ground proper.

I suppose it makes sense in the fact that Richmond have decided not to play in the Old Scholars this year, and the ground will be vacant. I am not sure what the playing facilities are like now days been 30 years since I was at the ground proper.
It's a good playing surface down there by all reports.
Clarence hosted Hobart down there in the first season of the TSL in 2009 as part of regional round and won by 59 points, not all that much different to North Launceston moving their games next door to Invermay Park.
Back in 1986 in the first season of the Statewide League they played all bar two of their home games at North Hobart due to Bellerive being renovated for cricket. Both games they played at home (against Hobart and North Launceston) the instant turf start pulling up everywhere, the Hobart game it looked like a driving range and a rabbit plague on the same day lol!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Bigfooty and have very much enjoyed reading the old Tasmanian Football Threads.

So,just curious would anyone be interested in getting another one up and running?

Discuss rumours,results and reminisce on days of old from all leagues great and small in this beautiful state we call home.

Cheers,Esteban
Called into North Hobart for an hour or so Saturday morning, Dees have plenty of young talent on hand, future looks promising.

Called into North Hobart for an hour or so Saturday morning, Dees have plenty of young talent on hand, future looks promising.

Yes NHFC get a lot of good kids, especially through the local private schools. Its keeping them & developing them which hasn't been easy. Without the TAC cup we may see the best of some of them this season.

Anyone going to local TSL footy this week?

The opening round of football in the TSL began today with Launceston, Lauderdale and reigning premier North Launceston registering first up victories in cold conditions, 8°C in Hobart and 13°C in Launceston.

Tasmanian State League - Round 1.
Launceston 7.13 (55) d Glenorchy 4.5 (29) at KGV.
Lauderdale 11.10 (76) d Clarence 5.5 (35) at Skybus Oval.
North Launceston 7.7 (49) d North Hobart 6.3 (39) - UTas Stadium.

Development League - Round 1.
Launceston 8.11 (59) d Glenorchy 3.5 (23) - KGV.
Clarence 6.10 (46) d Lauderdale 4.6 (30) - Skybus Oval.
North Launceston 9.12 (66) d North Hobart 1.3 (9) - UTas Stadium.

Under 18s - Round 1.
North Hobart 9.2 (56) d North Launceston 3.5 (23) - UTas Stadium.

The opening round of football in the TSL began today with Launceston, Lauderdale and reigning premier North Launceston registering first up victories in cold conditions, 8°C in Hobart and 13°C in Launceston.
Just so y'all know, I watch TSL footy on my 75" HD screen, Youtube button on the remote, shirtless up here in FNQ, where the temp hardly ever gets below 20 degrees, with some bourbs...kinda like the way I used to watch cricket back home...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blair Brownless “scoop” on Local Grandstand with Chris Rowbottom Lauderdale have signed two Richmond VFL Premiership players for 2020 season, currently in lockdown.

Blair Brownless “scoop” on Local Grandstand with Chris Rowbottom Lauderdale have signed two Richmond VFL Premiership players for 2020 season, currently in lockdown.

I heard they also had a player from WA who masde an expensive mess & then pissed off back to Perth. They continue to try to buy success at the expense of their supposed great junior program.

Anyway, NL just over L'ton, NHFC just over Kingston & the Lauderdale foreign legion by a fair bit over the undermanned Glenorchy down at the tip.

I heard they also had a player from WA who masde an expensive mess & then pissed off back to Perth. They continue to try to buy success at the expense of their supposed great junior program.

Anyway, NL just over L'ton, NHFC just over Kingston & the Lauderdale foreign legion by a fair bit over the undermanned Glenorchy down at the tip.

Buying success? No one is getting paid ya muppet

I guess your Dee’s getting VFL players in is ok though?

Another chilly day across the state for the second round of the TSL.
8°C in Hobart and 11°C in Launceston today.
North Hobart got up in the end over Kingborough at the Twin Ovals.
Lauderdale came from behind to defeat the Pies at Lauderdale and Launceston untroubled all day in knocking off North Launceston out at Windsor Park.

2020 TSL Season: Round 2
North Hobart 12.3 (75) d Kingborough 9.11 (65)
Lauderdale 9.14 (68) d Glenorchy 8.8 (56)
Launceston 8.12 (60) d North Launceston 6.5 (41)

Development League
Kingborough 10.11 (71) d North Hobart 7.7 (49)
Lauderdale 12.7 (79) d Glenorchy 6.8 (44)
Launceston 5.6 (36) d North Launceston 5.5 (35)

Getting NHFC boys back to their own club is the same is it?

So tell us about the guy from WA. What was the bill for that little visit?

Whats the difference? They got players who wouldn’t be playing if the VFL was going ahead.

Anyway, is it such a crime for a club to go and recruit players? Your doing your club a disservice if you don’t, but I guess a mediocre set up like North Hobart have been more focussed on trying to stay in the comp or work out what their name is or can’t attract anyone. All 3 is more likely.

It is good footy is back though and that chip on your shoulder is larger than ever. [...]

Edit: Robust discussion is fine; cut the name-calling please - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the difference? They got players who wouldn’t be playing if the VFL was going ahead.

Anyway, is it such a crime for a club to go and recruit players? Your doing your club a disservice if you don’t, but I guess a mediocre set up like North Hobart have been more focussed on trying to stay in the comp or work out what their name is or can’t attract anyone. All 3 is more likely.

It is good footy is back though and that chip on your shoulder is larger than ever. [...]

Edit: Robust discussion is fine; cut the name-calling please - OTP

The difference is NHFC players came home. LFC would have to pay to get these guys, so they ARE a cost under the salary cap. That's not allowed.

So maybe answer what happened to the WA player who came & went. What did that cost?

So much for developing their own juniors. LFC are trying to do a Clarence. Buy success at the expense of their local boys.

The difference is NHFC players came home. LFC would have to pay to get these guys, so they ARE a cost under the salary cap. That's not allowed.

So maybe answer what happened to the WA player who came & went. What did that cost?

So much for developing their own juniors. LFC are trying to do a Clarence. Buy success at the expense of their local boys.

So the North Hobart players from the VFL paid their own way down did they?

The WA bloke went home when the season was put on hold, what’s your issue?

I am sure Darley was going to be paying his own way as a fly-in also was he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back